Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Lorenzo I crashed I ended the test Im going home

The final day didnt go to plan for the 2015 MotoGP World Champ

Lorenzo I crashed I ended the test Im going home

MOVISTAR Yamaha's Jorge Lorenzo was caught out by a 'cold track' as he attempted to start a race simulation on the final day of testing at Phillip Island.

Until the final day of testing in Phillip Island, the pre-season testing had been great for Lorenzo. The 2015 MotoGP World Champion dominated in Sepang and was looking strong in Australia despite front-end issues, but that all changed on the final day.

Having spent the majority of Friday on used tyres, Lorenzo fitted a new rear slick for a flying lap which had to be aborted due to a crash from Aspar's Eugene Laverty. The Movistar Yamaha MotoGP rider then went out for a race simulation, but crashed on his first lap at Turn 10 due to what he describes as a 'cold track'. Despite being uninjured, Lorenzo decided to end the test with 145 laps completed across the three days.

'We didn‘t have a lot of time to test in the morning and I did the lap time I set this morning on a rear tyre that already had done 24 laps,' explained Lorenzo.

'I‘ve been riding with old tyres all day because we only had one more new tyre. When we finally got a dry track and time to try that last new rear tyre to set a decent lap time, Laverty crashed and I had to cancel that lap. I then decided to try a race simulation, but I crashed on the first lap because the track was very cold.

'There were a lot of crashes during this time of the day. I was very dedicated and braked a little bit too hard for the grip of the front tyre and I crashed, so I ended the test and I‘m going home. Sepang, for us, has been an unbelievable test.

'Here things changed completely because the layout of the track is the opposite. Let‘s see what happens in Qatar.'

A best time of 1:29.760 put Lorenzo ninth on Friday, but his 1:29.357 from Thursday had the triple MotoGP World Champion in fourth overall.

Young Maverick Viñales led the test overall with Lorenzo just 0.226s adrift.

Related Content

Productive day for Lorenzo
Phillip Island MotoGP test: Petrucci tops day one
Phillip Island MotoGP test: A crash filled day three
Phillip Island MotoGP test: Viņales top by 0.161s
Phillip Island Free Practice (1)

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote