MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Weve taken a big step forward says Marquez

A very good three days leaves Marquez in second on combined times

Weve taken a big step forward says Marquez

REPSOL Honda's Marc Marquez is impressed with the progress made during the Phillip Island test as he ends the final day at the top of the time-sheets.

MotoGP’s three-day Australian pre-season test ended today at Phillip Island with Marquez finishing the final day on top of the time-sheets. A productive test for the Repsol Honda Team has seen further progress with the new Magneti Marelli software after collecting valuable information on tyres and bike settings. This data will now be sent to HRC engineers in Japan as will his team-mates Dani Pedrosa.

Marquez was quick to get the laps in after being deprived due to the poor weather conditions. Unfortunately, rain started to fall around noon and most riders waited it out until just after 3pm.

When the action resumed, Marquez took over at the top of the time-sheets with a 1:29.158 lap that remained unbeaten for the rest of the day. Marquez did, however, crash at Turn 9 without injury.

After the test, Marquez said: 'Overall, these three days have been very good. I’m especially happy with today, because we have taken a big step forward.

'In the afternoon I managed to maintain a consistently fast pace, and this was the first time this preseason that I've started to feel good with the bike and the new tyres. It’s a pity that at the end of the session when we wanted to try something else, it was too late. I was pushing hard at the same time, I lost the front and crashed.

'The important thing is that I was unhurt and the work we’ve done has been positive. Yesterday we focused on adjusting the electronics and finding a good base, and today I think we did a good job looking for balance in the setup of the bike.'

Marquez's time meant he finished second on combined times just 0.027s behind Maverick Viñales on the Suzuki Ecstar.

Related Content

Phillip Island MotoGP test: Viņales top by 0.161s
Phillip Island MotoGP test: A crash filled day three
Phillip Island MotoGP test: Petrucci tops day one
Marquez crashes out of Australian Grand Prix
No Marquez at Phillip Island test

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement