Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2016, 01:28 AM   #21
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Hard to say anything about it.

On the surface I can totally understand the cynical nature of the writing. On reflection it makes me wonder if writing was not such a theriputic thing in this case or if it indeed it was more of a help to him than anything else could be.

Skimming through it I was looking for signs of a physical presence, supporting partner or friends, but I could not find any. From what little I read I am left with a vision that he was going it alone despite all the online encouragement and support. I can only imagine there must be no replacmeant or substitute for being there in a such a situation. Not saying there wasn't anyone it just didn't come through in his writing as much as other themes.

No cases will be comparable, but if you need to cheer up I can recomend a book with a happier ending, it also has some racing stories in it too. That book happens to be on sale now too, just 15 bucks, and a good read. Link below.

http://www.darrellgwynn.com/store.htm
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chain v. Belt v. Shaft Drive; Insight? nihaikitty General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 12-11-2011 11:02 AM
looking for some clutch insight... The Trav General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 11-04-2010 12:29 PM
Anyone have insight New Era Off Topic 1 01-02-2010 10:33 AM
NASCAR INSIGHT (joke) 04RSVR Off Topic 5 08-02-2007 04:14 PM
BBQ insight......... Buck Beasley General Discussion (Moto Related) 37 06-29-2006 05:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2016, 08:04 AM   #22
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Harley sportster 1200 (sold)
CBR 600rr (sold)

I spent 5 years working as a cna in a nursing home and i saw plenty of people lose the ability to do things that we take for granted such as wiping your . To lose that in such an early age as some i saw (30-40s) was the most awful thing you can think of it is humilitaing to have to have someone wipe your because you cant and i would not ever want to be in that place. People hate losing the ability to take care of themselves and i can understand why they go through the depression they do after having to be there with them like i was because it went beyond a job to being part of my life. I wish the best to all thise going through the struggle and want ya"ll to know that no matter what there is someone out there for you that will help so keep up the good fight on your side and after i finish school (bsn) i will keep up the good fight to help you on my side
Reaper81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #23
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper81 View Post
I spent 5 years working as a cna in a nursing home and i saw plenty of people lose the ability to do things that we take for granted such as wiping your . To lose that in such an early age as some i saw (30-40s) was the most awful thing you can think of it is humilitaing to have to have someone wipe your because you cant and i would not ever want to be in that place. People hate losing the ability to take care of themselves and i can understand why they go through the depression they do after having to be there with them like i was because it went beyond a job to being part of my life. I wish the best to all thise going through the struggle and want ya"ll to know that no matter what there is someone out there for you that will help so keep up the good fight on your side and after i finish school (bsn) i will keep up the good fight to help you on my side
I often fear the future when I am no longer to transfer, drive etc. Basically lose my independence.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:35 AM   #24
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer

Bike(s):
CBR 600rr (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I often fear the future when I am no longer to transfer, drive etc. Basically lose my independence.
I always hated seeing that. I always hold out hope that maybe stem cell research will be able to get to the point we can use it to help those like you to regain your independence. Although i dont know you from the bottome of my heart i do wish you the best and if you are ever in galveston by all means give me a holler
Old 02-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #25
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Bicycles are more your speed anyway..
I think those critical mass bicyclists are at more risk of getting into an accident, than a motorcyclist and sustaining more injuries due to only wearing a tiny helmet.

Annnnnnd, Shelly has a greater risk of getting hurt on that sail boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #26
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Hard to say anything about it.

On the surface I can totally understand the cynical nature of the writing. On reflection it makes me wonder if writing was not such a theriputic thing in this case or if it indeed it was more of a help to him than anything else could be.

Skimming through it I was looking for signs of a physical presence, supporting partner or friends, but I could not find any. From what little I read I am left with a vision that he was going it alone despite all the online encouragement and support. I can only imagine there must be no replacmeant or substitute for being there in a such a situation. Not saying there wasn't anyone it just didn't come through in his writing as much as other themes.

No cases will be comparable, but if you need to cheer up I can recomend a book with a happier ending, it also has some racing stories in it too. That book happens to be on sale now too, just 15 bucks, and a good read. Link below.

http://www.darrellgwynn.com/store.htm
I was looking for the same thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:45 AM   #27
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

In the post from his mom on AdvRider, he had a non-disabled current girlfriend when he decided to kill himself.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:23 PM   #28
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Clayton Schwartz Ozymandias
Dear ADV Family:
I know that there was a beautiful post of Clay's memorial service yesterday. Thank you for that! I wanted to add some of my own thoughts. There will never be a more difficult or painful experience than having a memorial for your child. Clayton was our only child and these past 21 months have been a series of hopeful highs and painful lows. Clay suffered so much inside. He had a very close relationship with his grandmother (my mom, who is here with us now,) and a less close relationship with his dad and I once he got to Vanderbilt. It seemed that he had to push us (me especially) away as handling my grief and desire to keep him on this earth no matter what proved to much for him. My mother, on the other hand, seemed to understand more than any of us that he could not do it. She tried everything she could to encourage and persuade him that he could do it. But, Clay was a single-minded man. If his mind was made up, that was that. He never could bring himself to join a community of others who had disabilities. He could not accept that they found peace and happiness. He believed that in some way, they were in denial. Of course, that was his denial getting in the middle...
He fell in love in Nashville with a wonderful young law student named Ashley. While we have never met her and pray to do so one day, my mother did. Ashley is remarkable in every way. We owe her so much. She is the daughter of our hearts because she gave our son the most precious gift one can. She loved him as he was. She loved the man that was Clayton. I believe that she loved him more than he could love himself tethered to that chair... He did not see a life as a wheelchair bound person. He only saw pain and the loss of what could have been. It is a great consolation to us to know that for whatever time he was on this earth following his accident, he found the love of his life. I will bless and pray for Ashley forever.
I don't know how I am going to bear this. My heart seems to have been ripped from my chest. When I open my eyes in the morning, I am sure I am just having the nightmare I have had a thousand times. But, it is not. People say life will come back to normalcy. That, I can assure you, will never happen. Clayton is gone, and life as it was went with him. Your prayers mean the world to us. I am going to write here often, as I feel closer to him when I do. The most precious thing you have given me is the knowledge that, as a result of Clayton's honesty and candor about his accident, so many of you rode slower, with more care and caution and with the realization that there but for the grace of go you. I want you to know that losing one's child is a pain beyond all others. Remember your moms and dads when you ride. When you take care of yourselves, you are honoring them with your most precious gift... your lives. It is not in the scheme of life for your child to pass before you do. Be sure that you do all that you can to ensure that you honor that truth.
Love, Ozy's Mom
Old 02-18-2016, 01:23 PM   #29
Reaper81
Keyboard Racer

Bike(s):
CBR 600rr (sold)

Never good when parents bury children
Old 02-18-2016, 01:32 PM   #30
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Who the is cutting onions in the office next to me? Jerks
Liked this post:
Old 02-18-2016, 01:42 PM   #31
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I think those critical mass bicyclists are at more risk of getting into an accident, than a motorcyclist and sustaining more injuries due to only wearing a tiny helmet.

Annnnnnd, Shelly has a greater risk of getting hurt on that sail boat
Some believe that not wearing a bicycle helmet at all is the safest way. Bicycle people (the passionate ones) are much like the bible thumpers. They are a little cooky.

Advertisement