Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2005, 07:05 AM   #1
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Please don't do this.

Motorcyclist recovering from injuries after plastic wrap prank

July 3, 2005 - 9:47AM
WYOMING (AP) - A western Michigan motorcyclist is recovering from injuries after crashing into plastic wrap that had been stretched across a roadway as a prank.

Jim Anderson suffered a fractured rib and internal bruises after he hit the industrial-strength wrap at about 1:20 a.m. Saturday while riding his Harley Davidson home. The 48 year old said he thought the plastic wrap was fog.

Wyoming, Michigan Police say three teenage boys told police they put the wrap between two sign posts as a prank not expecting something as small as a motorcycle to come down the street.

Police haven't decided whether to charge them.
http://wwmt.com/engine.pl?station=ww...out_state.html

KIDS!!!!! DIE!!!!!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Welfare recipients are a lot like _________" (don't say raccoon, don't say raccoons, RojerLockless Off Topic 22 08-11-2011 02:12 PM
some people don't see bikes on the road, some don't see anything urbanXJ Off Topic 11 03-17-2010 08:05 AM
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
Don't Do Drugs; and for Gawd's Sake, Don't Shoplift! Squoddybody Off Topic 17 03-24-2009 02:55 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2005, 08:23 AM   #2
KalmarJoe
Cstoum Uesr Tltie

Bike(s):
05 Zx-12r

Re: Please don't do this.

I would have already decided to sue their parents unless they're publically spanked with a paddle, by Barry Bonds, or one of those other steroid induced heavy hitters.
MH Insomniac #001
zx12r20banner
KalmarJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:28 AM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalmarJoe
I would have already decided to sue their parents unless they're publically spanked with a paddle, by Barry Bonds, or one of those other steroid induced heavy hitters.
i agree with you on the lawsuit. I think the kids def. need some punishment, maybe some comm. service of some kind. If it were my kid, I would beat his till he couldn't sit, but then I guess I would be in trouble for abuse then. I'm pretty hard on my kids but, that's b/c I dont want them to grow up to be like this. I would expect some sort of punishment for an incident like this.. When I was a kid my dad beat my for painting a sign and the on the road, of course he had to pay for a new sign but, I still couldnt sit when he was done with my .. Never done that again.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:33 AM   #4
paniro187

that hapened with some other guy when a couple of kids put a prety sturdy type string up and a dirt bike rider almost had his head svered. he lost his voice. cause his vocal cords were damaged beyond repair. they however had a doctor do a donated vocal cord transplant andthe guy got his voice back .

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #5
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
Quote:
i agree with you on the lawsuit. I think the kids def. need some punishment, maybe some comm. service of some kind. If it were my kid, I would beat his till he couldn't sit, but then I guess I would be in trouble for abuse then. I'm pretty hard on my kids but, that's b/c I dont want them to grow up to be like this. I would expect some sort of punishment for an incident like this.. When I was a kid my dad beat my for painting a sign and the on the road, of course he had to pay for a new sign but, I still couldnt sit when he was done with my .. Never done that again.
That's the problem with most parents today. they are scared to spank thier kids. Spanking teaches consequences. Time out is not appropiate all the time. Kids remember a serious paddling. They do not forget pain. Don't beat them, just tear up that !!!

When I lived in Seattle, some kids strung fishing line across a trail, one of my friends came down it on his four wheeler and was decapitated. Those punks!!! Never did find out who did it.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
JoeRider

Member Garage

was that great white shark fishing line they strung between the trees??

Your average fishing line doesnt have that kinda strength usually. Sorry to hear about your friend. Terrible way to go...
Old 07-06-2005, 01:03 PM   #7
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

at any knid of speed, it can be quite deadly, obviously
Old 07-06-2005, 01:38 PM   #8
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

that is horrible.. there are things that are funny and things that arent.. i mean if a car came down the road... its not like the plastic wrap would have any effect, and someone walking would obvioulsy see it... this prank was not at all well thought out... of course, just some stupid kids

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
JoeRider

Member Garage

Wouldn't say it was as stupid as the kids dropping bowling off of highway over-passes but it was pretty dumb to say the least. Only dumb thing we did to motorists, as a kid, was throw snowballs at em...even then, this was on a subdivision road covered in a foot of snow with vehicles travelling 10 mph. Not like thats any smarter though...
Old 07-06-2005, 03:08 PM   #10
Stone_618

Bike(s):
'03 ZX6R 636

Send a message via AIM to Stone_618 Send a message via MSN to Stone_618

this just sucks. if i were the biker, i want my hospital bills paid, my bike fixed like it never happened. Then the kids should go to juvi or something, not that comm.service .

this would make it even.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:13 PM   #11
j3oomerang

Send a message via AIM to j3oomerang

are you being serious about the fish line? your friend really lost his life from it?
j3oomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #12
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3oomerang
are you being serious about the fish line? your friend really lost his life from it?
Sad, but true
Old 07-06-2005, 04:18 PM   #13
mswistak14

Member Garage

I feel old saying this even though I am not old at all.......these kids watch too much TV and and take it seriously, when I was younger we didnt do like that, we would ride our dirtbikes all day or go camping, not set up stupid pranks that put people in the hospital. As much as I find it entertaining, viva La Bam is making every kid think that they can do whatever they want and be little jerks. me off.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:53 PM   #14
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Viva La Bam definitely crosses the boundary... At first it was funny or what not but after a while the gets annoying and someone seriously needs to kick Bam Margera's !

:BangHead:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:54 PM   #15
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool

Quote:
:iamwithstupid: :laughing6: :laughing6:
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #16
tbone16

Some kids rerouted traffic by mean in a construction zone and caused a head on collision. A girl burned to death in her car becuase of it.
tbone16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:59 PM   #17
mswistak14

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
Viva La Bam definitely crosses the boundary... At first it was funny or what not but after a while the gets annoying and someone seriously needs to kick Bam Margera's !

:BangHead:
well on last nights episode Mike Vallaley certainly got back at Bam for all his childish tricks
Old 07-13-2005, 07:41 PM   #18
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom

ha...i skated with mike many years ago when i was a tot... what did he do? anyway... f**cking kids nowadays!.. having younger, doin drugs younger, no respect for authority.. whats going on nowadays...

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 07:55 PM   #19
mswistak14

Member Garage

mike tore the out of glombs new F250 and the H2 with an axe
Old 07-13-2005, 07:56 PM   #20
mswistak14

Member Garage

is that mike guy really as crazy and angry as they make him out to be....I saw his fighting on CKY where he takes on those 4 dudes at once.....

Advertisement