MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2016, 05:28 PM   #81
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,719












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
That makes my day, was the conversation less than 2 hrs? That's how long of my time he wasted. He did offer me a track day credit but when I tried to redeem it I got no response.
When did you speak to him and what was the credit for? Feel free to pm me or call me on my cell. I'll talk to him about the credit
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSRH Oct 18 2015 Lvl 2 Ridesmart Playing in traffic Classax Taking it to the Track 4 10-23-2015 09:32 PM
RideSmart Returns to MSRH September 13 and 14 !! Special Pricing !! RideSmart1 Ridesmart Motorcycle School 73 10-01-2014 11:10 AM
MSRH Feb 14 Sunday, Feb 16, 2014 CMRA Reserved Paddock Parking Rod Taking it to the Track 1 02-11-2014 02:45 PM
LvL 2 barber for sale with ridesmart bigpat728 Taking it to the Track 5 07-27-2011 08:10 PM
Feb 6th Forest Ride - 50% off MSRH on Feb 14th! *First timers only please* Snow Events, Meets and Rides 12 02-07-2011 12:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2016, 05:29 PM   #82
trunxgp1224
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 949












I'm TM again with the understanding that I'm the one in charge and not him. I make the decisions with the input from the lead instructors. He needs to chill the out and collect a pay check.
trunxgp1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:35 PM   #83
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,978

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
When did you speak to him and what was the credit for? Feel free to pm me or call me on my cell. I'll talk to him about the credit
I emailed him 4 times in the last few weeks about the track day this weekend. I really need to shake down my bike so I bought the track day and plan on trying to get a refund at the track.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 PM   #84
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,719












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I emailed him 4 times in the last few weeks about the track day this weekend. I really need to shake down my bike so I bought the track day and plan on trying to get a refund at the track.
So you bought a spot for this wknd? What level and what bike are you bringing?
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:18 PM   #85
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,719












Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I emailed him 4 times in the last few weeks about the track day this weekend. I really need to shake down my bike so I bought the track day and plan on trying to get a refund at the track.
Check your PM
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:21 PM   #86
ConcordEagle
Senior Member
 
ConcordEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 107

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796








Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanE View Post
Heres me at TWS (Texas World Speedway) on my ninja 250 in level 2

https://youtu.be/Kr5CcGPrEQM?t=1m30s
Love it, textbook example of corner speed advantage, sweet pass at horseshoe. I am seriously considering going to the 250s after looking at this.
ConcordEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:26 PM   #87
ConcordEagle
Senior Member
 
ConcordEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 107

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796








Quote:
Originally Posted by Jredford View Post
I know that, thank you. The real danger is sending someone out in level three who can barely break 2:00. Not sure if it is worse than running a lightweight bike in lvl 2 tho.
Not following, I believe the argument is demoting level 3 guys on lightweights to level 2 due to closing speeds, not moving riders to level 3 that aren't ready (me included).
ConcordEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:14 PM   #88
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,978

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
So you bought a spot for this wknd? What level and what bike are you bringing?
Level 2 on the 390.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:15 PM   #89
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,978

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcordEagle View Post
Love it, textbook example of corner speed advantage, sweet pass at horseshoe. I am seriously considering going to the 250s after looking at this.
390's is where it's at.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:18 PM   #90
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,140

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by trunxgp1224 View Post
I'm TM again with the understanding that I'm the one in charge and not him. I make the decisions with the input from the lead instructors. He needs to chill the out and collect a pay check.
That's the helpful Dennis attitude everyone loves.

Way to show appreciation to the boss man.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 08:45 PM   #91
Classax
Objective Observer
 
Classax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 501

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage





Well, as the resident slow guy on a fast bike, I've been told I would benefit from moving to level 3 by the level 2 instructors. My times are right at the max times for level 3. Personally I have found it more productive to tuck in behind the aliens on ULWs to work on mid and corner entry speed in two, rather than risk being a rolling chicane and getting sucked in over my head by truly fast guys making it look easy.

They should run the same format they do at COTA, 2a and 2b as it seems to work there.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 PM   #92
Mace
Wisdom
 
Mace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Belton
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 232

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Honda ST1300 Iron # 44260
honda silverwing. drag scooter
Honda DNO1 700, wife's bike
07 SV650 Track
12 R6 (Son's track bike






I love riding L3 with the fast guys, I know I'm off the pace but its fun. That's a good idea, cancel L3 altogether and have two L2 sessions. L2 is the money maker, L3 riders benefits.
Mace is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-09-2016, 12:06 AM   #93
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,719












Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
I love riding L3 with the fast guys, I know I'm off the pace but its fun. That's a good idea, cancel L3 altogether and have two L2 sessions. L2 is the money maker, L3 riders benefits.
Lol
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:28 AM   #94
r6racer
track
 
r6racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 8,582

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R6 Race/track
2012 Yamaha WGP R6
2004 Kawasaki KLx250 2-stroke
2008 Yamaha R6 Street *Sold*
2005 Yamaha R6 Track *Sold*

Member Garage





ima ride in level 3, i havent ridden in like 4 months hopefully i can still get around the track without holding up all the fast people

(this thread was already de-railed probably like 5 pages ago)
r6racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #95
Jredford
Rotsevnieht
 
Jredford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,037

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622






Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcordEagle View Post
Not following, I believe the argument is demoting level 3 guys on lightweights to level 2 due to closing speeds, not moving riders to level 3 that aren't ready (me included).
A 2 min rider in lvl 3 is dangerous IMHO.

The question is whether it is more or less dangeruous that running a mini in level 2 where big bike riders have less experience and control than level three riders.

I ride msrh on mini all the time with some of the fastest big bike riders in Texas. I honestly feel very safe riding on the same track with these guys. Fast, experienced riders have no issue with a mini since they are proficient at passing. Often times my corner entry speeds are greater and I have to check up. On the other hand when less experienced riders on big bikes ride the track I give them a wide berth and my radar goes on higher alert.
__________________


"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-09-2016, 08:52 AM   #96
ConcordEagle
Senior Member
 
ConcordEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 107

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796








Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
That's the helpful Dennis attitude everyone loves.

Way to show appreciation to the boss man.
I went to Keith Code school a couple years ago. In the afternoon of the first day (2 day camp), I saw Trevor (the TM) kick out a student for unsafe passing and being an overall douche on the track. The student made a scene and went over to Keith to complain. Keith is the nicest guy you'll ever meet, but he stood by what the TM said and politely asked the student to get his things and go, no refunds, no free t-shirt, just GTFO. This is a world-class organization and they can give two about losing business to a jackass.

When it comes to everyone's safety, the TM should never be overruled or questioned. Trunxgp isn't mincing words about his love for Mr. Wonders, but he's spot on with his attitude. I'm not implying Ridesmart doesn't run a tight ship (I believe they do) but regarding the comments on this thread, I'll take a TM any day who's looking out for us. If I want customer satisfaction I go to Taco Bell in one piece after the track day is over.
ConcordEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #97
Repth
Keyboard Warrior
 
Repth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,601

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R









Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcordEagle View Post
If I want customer satisfaction I go to the strip club in one piece after the track day is over.
__________________
"I learned long ago never to wrestle with a pig. You end up getting dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."
- George Bernard Shaw
Repth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:09 AM   #98
ArkansasDave
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Beaumont
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,978

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc







Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcordEagle View Post
I went to Keith Code school a couple years ago. In the afternoon of the first day (2 day camp), I saw Trevor (the TM) kick out a student for unsafe passing and being an overall douche on the track. The student made a scene and went over to Keith to complain. Keith is the nicest guy you'll ever meet, but he stood by what the TM said and politely asked the student to get his things and go, no refunds, no free t-shirt, just GTFO. This is a world-class organization and they can give two about losing business to a jackass.

When it comes to everyone's safety, the TM should never be overruled or questioned. Trunxgp isn't mincing words about his love for Mr. Wonders, but he's spot on with his attitude. I'm not implying Ridesmart doesn't run a tight ship (I believe they do) but regarding the comments on this thread, I'll take a TM any day who's looking out for us. If I want customer satisfaction I go to Taco Bell in one piece after the track day is over.
Bighorn BBQ is just up the road from the track. Much better food than toxic ... I mean Taco Bell.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #99
ConcordEagle
Senior Member
 
ConcordEagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 107

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 749
Ducati Monster 796








Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
LOL, that's what I meant
ConcordEagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #100
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,140

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






ConcordEagle you are making some great leaps in your response to my post.

I'm well aware of safety above all. I've been involved with having riders removed from the track due to safety.

You miss my point.

Not all TM"s are equivalent.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance

Last edited by Tojo92; 02-09-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy