MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2016, 06:19 PM   #21
Yorke
Senior Member
 
Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 178

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2003 CBR954RR
1979 KZ810 Cafe Racer
2001 Ducati 996s (RIP)







Quote:
Originally Posted by WbDDoT View Post
I just got off the phone with Jack and he charges $25 a wheel to mount the tires, whether you buy them from him or not. I priced a S20 evo tire and he quoted me 165 plus tax for the tire. The same tire goes for about 135 on Rocky Mountain ATV with no tax and free shipping, so thats an extra $40 plus or minus. That's not any more expensive than my local dealer, but I always order my tires so I'm going to bring my own tire. Cheaper to change them at the track than to let the local shop do it.
Ya, the tires they sell at the track are going to be fairly new as they don't keep a lot of overhead sitting around and during riding season the turn around is pretty quick.

Like other's mentioned, if your one of their customers, they are going to give you really good help and information. You will find the tire guy can be your biggest source of information at the track.

When I started I couldn't believe how much money was being spent on tires, now it's just part of the game.
Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW people: tire service tustah General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 06-28-2013 05:33 AM
Thanks for the tire and quick service Fastola Motorcycles Unlimited 2 03-23-2013 07:58 PM
Tire service busch06 General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 12-29-2011 12:54 AM
tire service today nw side? craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 03-12-2011 12:28 PM
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #22
Magus
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 30












And just to be clear, the track day tire vendors are selling slicks and race DOT tires, not street tires - for those who may be just getting into it and are doing a track day on their street bike with high end (hopefully!) street rubber.
Magus is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 10:14 AM   #23
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,720












Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
And just to be clear, the track day tire vendors are selling slicks and race DOT tires, not street tires - for those who may be just getting into it and are doing a track day on their street bike with high end (hopefully!) street rubber.
No they also sell street tires. But if you wanna be sure call them before the event. Jack knows there are lots of street riders at Ride Smart events. Good advice from everyone
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #24
Magus
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 30












Good to know , I don't know Jack's (and jack apparently...!) as well as some of the others.
Magus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #25
Rod
Near Miss Racing Team #96
 
Rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,677

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R3 2015
TS185 74
EX250R 2010 "A" race bike
EX250R 2008 "B" race bike
150cc Rocketta Scooter "the "






Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
And just to be clear, the track day tire vendors are selling slicks and race DOT tires, not street tires - for those who may be just getting into it and are doing a track day on their street bike with high end (hopefully!) street rubber.
Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
No they also sell street tires. But if you wanna be sure call them before the event. Jack knows there are lots of street riders at Ride Smart events. Good advice from everyone
Just FYI, there are lots of DOT tires being used on the "superstock" class which they are really good on streets.

http://www.cmraracing.com/content.php?11-rule-book

j) DOT-approved tires with an S or higher speed rating must be used and the original
tread pattern cannot be grooved or modified. Slicks may not be used with the exception that
slicks may be used in the “A” Superstock class. Rain tires can only be used if the event is
declared wet by the Director of Competition. Non-DOT-approved rain tires may be used with no
modification of their original molded tread pattern.
__________________
CMRA#672
Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #26
Seawall
Member
 
Seawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: down by the river
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 75

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
09 YZF-R6 Track/Street









i'm selling new still in plastic wraps

NEW Bridgestone Battlax Hypersprot S20 EVO Set for $210
120/70ZR-17 Front
180/55ZR-17 Rear

Text 281 785 zero_four_nine_six
__________________
I get faster with each track day because my wallet gets lighter (Because Track Dayz)
Seawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #27
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






If you aren't going to use local vendors and want street tires.

Revzilla...

ITEM# 998017
Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO Tires
Wheel Location:Front
Tire Size:120/70ZR17 58W
In Stock: Ships within 24 hours
Tires are oversize items and can only be shipped to the continental 48 US States via standard ground shipping.
SHIPPED!
1
$91.99
$91.99
ITEM# 998020
Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO Tires
Wheel Location:Rear
Tire Size:180/55ZR17 73W
In Stock: Ships within 24 hours
Tires are oversize items and can only be shipped to the continental 48 US States via standard ground shipping.
SHIPPED!
1
$116.99
$116.99
Subtotal
$208.98

Shipping
FREE!
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-05-2016, 04:03 PM   #28
WbDDoT
Brazoria County Bikers
 
WbDDoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Freeport, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 476

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250r
1996 Yamaha YZ 125
1995 Suzuki GS600 Katana (Sold)
2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R (Sold)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
If you aren't going to use local vendors and want street tires.

Revzilla...

ITEM# 998017
Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO Tires
Wheel Location:Front
Tire Size:120/70ZR17 58W
In Stock: Ships within 24 hours
Tires are oversize items and can only be shipped to the continental 48 US States via standard ground shipping.
SHIPPED!
1
$91.99
$91.99
ITEM# 998020
Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S20 EVO Tires
Wheel Location:Rear
Tire Size:180/55ZR17 73W
In Stock: Ships within 24 hours
Tires are oversize items and can only be shipped to the continental 48 US States via standard ground shipping.
SHIPPED!
1
$116.99
$116.99
Subtotal
$208.98

Shipping
FREE!
Are you quoting these tires because I did, or because you are recommending them? ( I just quoted any tire to get a price comparison) I haven't ever used these tires.
WbDDoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 04:32 PM   #29
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,142

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II






Quote:
Originally Posted by WbDDoT View Post
Are you quoting these tires because I did, or because you are recommending them? ( I just quoted any tire to get a price comparison) I haven't ever used these tires.
I run these on my street bikes...a 1994 Ducati SS/SP and a 1999 Triumph Sprint ST.

This is my actual quote from when I ordered them in December.

Great tires. I do indeed recommend them for street use and some track use. Just fine for Beginner and Intermediate Pace.
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 02-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #30
Seawall
Member
 
Seawall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: down by the river
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 75

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
09 YZF-R6 Track/Street









Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawall View Post
i'm selling new still in plastic wraps

NEW Bridgestone Battlax Hypersprot S20 EVO Set for $210
120/70ZR-17 Front
180/55ZR-17 Rear

Text 281 785 zero_four_nine_six
SOLD
__________________
I get faster with each track day because my wallet gets lighter (Because Track Dayz)
Seawall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy