Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|01-28-2016, 11:50 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSBK Jerez test Wednesdays unofficial times
Sykes quickest followed by Giugliano and Davies
THE two-day World Superbike test at Jerez has finished with 2013 champion Tom Sykes at the top of the timing sheet, following closely by the factory-backed Aruba.it Ducatis of Davide Guiliano and 2015 championship runner-up Chaz Davies.
Jonathan Rea, 2015 World Superbike champion, finished the day in seventh place but commented that seventh is not an honest reflection of his pace and that he needs to find a riding style that suits the new ZX-10R.
Honda riders Nicky Hayden and Michael van der Mark got faster on Wednesday, both improving their lap times by over a second with Hayden ending the day in fourth, followed by his teammate in fifth.
The 2016 WSBK champhionship sees Yamaha make a return after a five year absence and Pata Yamaha riders Sylvain Guintoli and Alex Lowes finished next to each other in eighth and ninth positions respectively.
Reigning British Superbike champion Josh Brookes completed the top 10 on his Milwaukee BMW after making significant improvements during his time at Jerez.
Here are the unofficial leading lap times from the second day of testing for a selection of World Superbike Championship manufacturers at Jerez, Spain.
1. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 39.924s
2. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 40.047s
3. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati 1199R 1m 40.110s
4. Nicky Hayden USA Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 40.534s
5. Michael van der Mark NED Honda Racing CBR1000RR 1m 40.601s
6. Xavi Fores ESP Barni Ducati 1199R 1m 40.761s
7. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 40.856s
8. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 41.018s
9. Alex Lowes GBR PATA Crescent Yamaha R1 1m 41.361s
10. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee BMW S1000RR 1m 41.826s
11. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta F4 RC 1m 42.182s
12. Karel Abraham CZE Milwaukee BMW S1000RR 1m 42.628
13. Sylvain Barrier FRA Pedercini Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 42.886s
Other lap times
James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 42.442s *
Peter Hickman GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R 1m 43.420s *
Leon Haslam GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki Racing ZX-10R No Transponder*
* British Superbike riders
Leandro Mercado ARG Aruba.it Ducati 1199 R 1m 42.641s **
Mike Rinaldi ITA Aruba.it Ducati 1199 R 1m 42.969s **
Jeremy Guarnoni Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 44.044s **
Christophe Ponsson FRA Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R 1m 44.993s **
** Superstock 1000 riders
Kenan Sofuoglu TUR Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-6R 1m 43.091s ***
Randy Krummenacher SUI Puccetti Kawasaki ZX-6R 1m 43.582s ***
*** Supersport riders
All times unofficial
World Superbikes 2012 rider line-up
Guintoli heads Aprilia dominance of WSBK Sepang day one
WSBK Sepang: Free Practice 2 results
Marco Melandri: No WSBK for me
Provisional 2016 WSBK calendar announced