MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2016, 11:50 PM   #41
jimmy the gent
wich u gon do?

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Lost my Man privilege the last time I ran.

― Steve Sailer
jimmy the gent is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
off duty cop biker down rip craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 04-23-2013 03:50 PM
the wreck on beamer and scarsdale: biker kicks miata OMEGA General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 07-05-2008 06:09 PM
biker makes cop crash Gimpin2Fold General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 02-28-2007 02:05 PM
BIKER TEASES COP PETE General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 12-05-2005 06:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2016, 08:07 AM   #42
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
Anything more than the cost of the bike and "medical bills" is an insult to bikers everywhere. What a puss.
With obamacare he probably had 100k in medical bills. Not to mention legal fees involved with suing the state.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 11:05 PM   #43
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Here's a more detailed report.

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/loc...ooper.html.csp

Seems that the cop didn't know his undercover car had an undercover hidden dash cam....Serves him right. Now only if he was personally liable for the damages, then that might send the appropriate message the jury was seeking. Unfortunately tax payers gonna pick this one up.

Can't say I'm surprised, but the state police and DA defended the use of force as in line with procedures and appropriate...

That even after the cop testified he ran into the bike because if "brake fade" causing him to not be able to stop and only kicked the rider because of a leg muscle which had already "fired" eventhough the rider was complying with his commands.... Bad choice of words considering his finger was on the trigger of a drawn gun.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:38 AM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
2015 Ducati Monster 1200S
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!-SOLD
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

shoulda PITTED his , then he wouldn't have gotten in trouble.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #45
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #46
JPhilB

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda 919
Suzuki GS500E (sold long ago)

A bit surprised at some of the comments here. I think this is a clear case of a cop out of control. If the guy wanted to run, he could have stayed on the highway and let Camarocop in the dust.
I got pulled over for 70 in a 35 once and did not see the cop for a while. When I finally pulled over I took my helmet off and removed my ear plugs. He said, so that is why you didn't hear me. We were both polite and he gave me a warning. This was 20 yrs ago. Seems like cops are quick to go for the taser now when before you really had to think before going to guns.
Don't tase me, bro!
JPhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-28-2016, 06:11 AM   #47
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

this the guy who got kicked,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay dub View Post
This is pretty entertaining to read.

I am the guy on the Tuono who got rammed-kneed-kicked. I spent 3 days in federal court over this incident. The road I was riding on is the same road I travelled everyday for 10+ years to get to town. It is a very popular road for motorcycles and fast cars. I'd be willing to answer any reasonable questions to dissolve any assumptions people might have about it. The cop testified in deposition that he believed the camera in his car was not even working. He also did not have his sirens on until I passed the slow moving car in the s-turns. That same cars occupants were waiving for me to pass them(which you can't see in the vid). I assumed they were having car probs. Obviously they saw the cops lights, but I never did.

I coincidentally ran into the federal judge for the case a few days ago. He slapped me on the shoulder and shook my hand while congragulating me on the win.
Quote:
The state offered 35k for medical etc. They said a jury would never give more. I countered w/ 600k.

Lauren is a great attorney and friend. The "blue shield" was obnoxiously apparent in this case. The state had about 7 attorneys working against us. Supposedly the best they had.

I was never convicted of one traffic violation and I never lost my license.
Quote:
Oregon is the size of the United Kingdom. Eugene is the 2nd biggest city in the state at 160k people. People here are very "country". Especially just outside of town.
I told the jury I deserved a speeding ticket, but not to get run over and beat down by a cop that was out of control. I stopped when I realized that I was being pulled over. The video makes it apparent.
I could have easily disappeared from that cop if it was my intention. I have friends w/ farms and houses all over...plus I know every country road in that area.
To put things into perspective; there are 80k pound log trucks traveling on that same road going 75 mph in the straights. One after the other towards the mill.
Quote:
I just took out the 6th highest ranked trooper in the state for his malicious tendencies and couldn't be happier about it. It was my only intent in the lawsuit.

Until the the cops stop lying for each other, they will never be trusted in America.
Liked this post:
Old 01-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #48
RECIT

"I just took out the 6th highest ranked trooper in the state for his malicious tendencies and couldn't be happier about it. It was my only intent in the lawsuit.

Until the the cops stop lying for each other, they will never be trusted in America"

The last statement is what is sooooo scary. cops covering up incident and lying UNDER OATH!!!
RECIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:40 PM   #49
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more sold

More

Quote:
He was struggling w/ my gauntlet gloves while being extremely agro. The guy was completely out of control. Having handcuffs put on w/ a broken clavicle feels just wonderful. He then picked me up off the ground by the arm w/ the broken clavicle. That's when it really fukn hurt. All of his demeanor was brought up in court. How he held the gun etc. The cops have laws they must follow, but there is an exception to everyone of their rules. It was hard to keep my mouth shut while in court. They lie lie lie.
I didn't have a chance to wrap my head around what was happening until I was sitting on the hood of his car-cuffed. That's when I realized the situation was gonna go really bad in my favor. We all know that when it's your word against a cops you never win....but I did this time! Except now my collarbone is almost 2" shorter on the left side and I have nerve damage. All because a cop lost his composure while doing his job. Happens constantly these days. They need to hire guys w/ brains and some culture in their background, otherwise this will continue to happen. This case cost the state easily over 1 million bucks. They could have settled, but chose to be arrogant and not reason.

Hope to see you soon Jed.
Liked this post:

Advertisement