MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2007, 06:46 AM   #1
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

I.C.E.

just in case, you guy's may want to program and ICE # into your phones. some first responders will look on your phone for this.

In Case of Emergancy #

so if they find you unconscious, they can look for the # and call w/o any delay or confusion
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

okies, will do

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Thanks for the tip
Old 07-17-2007, 07:39 AM   #4
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Feedback Rating: (2)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
just in case, you guy's may want to program and ICE # into your phones. some first responders will look on your phone for this.

In Case of Emergancy #

so if they find you unconscious, they can look for the # and call w/o any delay or confusion
^^^^^ That's an urban myth. Never have I done this or even thought about it (looking through someone's cell for information) and I don't know anyone that does.

Not to say that having something in there isn't a good idea, but emergency workers are not going to take the time to look through your cell phone for information. Maybe later at the hospital they will, but first responders are not going to bother with that. The least of their concerns in a major injury accident is to notify anyone's next of kin or something. Patient care will always supersede family notifications.

If you want to do something like this, I would sooner put that information in my wallet next to my driver's license. There is almost 100% chance that a PO will look there for information on you personally, and if you make it obvious, they'll see the contact information for whomever you want to notify. Still, chances are, nobody is going to notify anyone until you get to the hospital anyway, most of the time, PD is too busy during accidents also. If you're really worried about something like this, put the info on a sticker on the back of your helmet. Most all first responders will inspect a helmet after an accident.

Last edited by tomLSTD; 07-17-2007 at 07:42 AM.
tomLSTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #5
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomLSTD
^^^^^ That's an urban myth. Never have I done this or even thought about it (looking through someone's cell for information) and I don't know anyone that does.

Not to say that having something in there isn't a good idea, but emergency workers are not going to take the time to look through your cell phone for information. Maybe later at the hospital they will, but first responders are not going to bother with that. The least of their concerns in a major injury accident is to notify anyone's next of kin or something. Patient care will always supersede family notifications.

If you want to do something like this, I would sooner put that information in my wallet next to my driver's license. There is almost 100% chance that a PO will look there for information on you personally, and if you make it obvious, they'll see the contact information for whomever you want to notify. Still, chances are, nobody is going to notify anyone until you get to the hospital anyway, most of the time, PD is too busy during accidents also. If you're really worried about something like this, put the info on a sticker on the back of your helmet. Most all first responders will inspect a helmet after an accident.
It is the same thing as having an information card next to your driver license, same concept. They are trying to get everyone to adopt this system so it would make it easier to call the love one to notify of your death or let them know that you are in the hospital racking up the bills.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #6
Gryphin
09 r1!

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Yamaha R1
06 Ninja ZX-6R (RIP)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to Gryphin
my phone only has a few numbers and one of them is home and mom i lost my cell phone one time and the person called both numbers and got ahold of me and i did check my phone records to make sure they didnt make a bunch of calls before that
Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #7
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i keep one with my ID...i'm thinking of getting some sort of wristband with ICE all over it
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #8
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
It is the same thing as having an information card next to your driver license, same concept. They are trying to get everyone to adopt this system so it would make it easier to call the love one to notify of your death or let them know that you are in the hospital racking up the bills.
I understand the intent, it's nothing new (this little "push" has been around for several years) and like I mentioned, it's not a bad idea, it's just a misnomer that first responders are going to use this. It ain't gonna happen.

A much better plan is to have it in the wallet (as I mentioned, as did you :icon_bigg ) or a sticker on the helmet. Funny thing about cell phones, they don't hold up well in crashes... while paper or a laminated card in the wallet does. Cell phones typically don't stay on a person either. Belt clips and pockets don't do much when affected by the forces of an accident and gravity.

By all means, have as many ways of notification of a loved one as possible, but don't think that it's going to happen automatically or even in what might be believed as a "timely" manner. Notifications will almost always be much later in the event, after arrival to the hospital, and even later after stabilization in some cases.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:23 AM   #9
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
I understand the intent, it's nothing new (this little "push" has been around for several years) and like I mentioned, it's not a bad idea, it's just a misnomer that first responders are going to use this. It ain't gonna happen.

A much better plan is to have it in the wallet (as I mentioned, as did you :icon_bigg ) or a sticker on the helmet. Funny thing about cell phones, they don't hold up well in crashes... while paper or a laminated card in the wallet does. Cell phones typically don't stay on a person either. Belt clips and pockets don't do much when affected by the forces of an accident and gravity.

By all means, have as many ways of notification of a loved one as possible, but don't think that it's going to happen automatically or even in what might be believed as a "timely" manner. Notifications will almost always be much later in the event, after arrival to the hospital, and even later after stabilization in some cases.
+1

I guess the person thought about this ICE thing didn't have a motorcyclist on his or their minds.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #10
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:

Actually I am a paramedic and a firefighter and once i have a patient int he ambulance if they are unconcious I go through wallet and phone to look for an information card or for ICE in there phone Guys it is a good idea i mean What is it gonna hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #11
tomLSTD
LSTD Mob Cappo

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja
Actually I am a paramedic and a firefighter and once i have a patient int he ambulance if they are unconcious I go through wallet and phone to look for an information card or for ICE in there phone Guys it is a good idea i mean What is it gonna hurt?
Orly? Where do you work? I've been on the job for a couple of years, you are the first one I have ever come across that look to notify family once the pt is in the ambulance...

You guys need to read what I wrote, I didn't say it's a bad idea, I'm just saying that it ain't gonna happen from the first responders, it usually always happens at the hospital or from PD after they aren't as busy, cell phones don't do well and are almost always completely unreliable to work after a motorcycle accident, and a much more reliable way to have that information and be retrievable is a laminated card in the wallet and/ or a sticker on the helmet.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #12
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Orly? Where do you work? I've been on the job for a couple of years, you are the first one I have ever come across that look to notify family once the pt is in the ambulance...

You guys need to read what I wrote, I didn't say it's a bad idea, I'm just saying that it ain't gonna happen from the first responders, it usually always happens at the hospital or from PD after they aren't as busy, cell phones don't do well and are almost always completely unreliable to work after a motorcycle accident, and a much more reliable way to have that information and be retrievable is a laminated card in the wallet and/ or a sticker on the helmet.
I worked for ETMC in tyler I was on Klein Fire dept

and at etmc this wasnt just for bike wrecks it was for any kind of accident it is not to tell them hey they just got in a wreck we did it for Patient history find out about allergies I agree with you a card in the wallet is 3000 times better than the phone but it is a decent back up yes i agree most likely the phone will break but if it doesnt hey you might have a latex allergy and it might help (just in case you decide you dont want to wear a medical alert tag)

to each his own on this one I am just stating my opinion and not saying anyone else opinion is bad

where do you work at?

Quote:
Old 07-17-2007, 11:40 AM   #13
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i really do want a wristband (similar to the allergies ones)
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #14
Yokee
Shorty :(

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
13' CBR250
05' ZX6R 636 (sold)
Aprilia RS80 (sold)

Send a message via AIM to Yokee Send a message via MSN to Yokee
I've had it in my phone for long time
Also I put it as "AAAA ICE" so it becomes the first number in the address book.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas
i really do want a wristband (similar to the allergies ones)
You can get them at most medical stores I Recomend a set of Dog tags I have one on my boot and the other around my neck that list any Allergies, contact information all that good stuff

Quote:
Old 07-17-2007, 12:38 PM   #16
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave C
^ that's a good idea on the helmet. I'm doing that as we speak w/ the label maker.

I just hope no one takes my girls number and starts calling her lol
Eric at Powersports of Houston is working on something like this, you may wanna check with him as he may have something worked out already that looks professional without having to put a sticker label on the outside of your helmet.:eh:
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #17
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Eric at Powersports of Houston is working on something like this, you may wanna check with him as he may have something worked out already that looks professional without having to put a sticker label on the outside of your helmet.:eh:
I have one. It's a little black pouch that sticks to the back and there's a card in it w/ all your info: medcial insurance, blood type, emergency contacts, etc. It has a little medical info label on it to identify it as such...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Klim Technical Riding Gear
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages
Retail Resource Group
Primus Real Estate Services
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
dhdrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:11 PM   #18
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 07-17-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
dhdrider

Bike(s):
08 KTM 300 XC-W

Update: I sent an email asking about bulk/group pricing. I will follow up with what I hear back...

2008 KTM 200 XC

Retail Resource Group
TORCS #301
TSCEC #1114
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #20
iraisp
Ninja N00b