MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Jack Miller Undergoes Surgery

16millerinjury?itokYI6u9wjU Photo Courtesy of Marc VDS Racing

Jack Miller has less than two-weeks time to be fit for the first test of 2016 at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia.

Not exactly the birthday present he wanted… Instead of celebrating his 21st birthday in style, Jack Miller broke his lower right leg in a motocross training accident. The Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider had surgery this morning to stabilize the fractures to his tibia and fibula with compression plates and screws.

The postoperative X-rays confirmed that the surgery had been successful and Miller will remain under observation in the Hospital University Quirón Dexeus (where most MotoGP stars go to get fixed up) for the next 48 hours as he recovers from the surgery.

“I didn’t really get to party for the big 21 although they loaded me up with some drugs today for surgery,” Miller said via Instagram. “Long story short, someone lost control on the up ramp of a triple and I had to close my throttle. Didn't crash but the impact of the landing did this to my hobbit leg… Don't worry peeps, she'll be right. These Spanish docs are pretty good.”

The accident is poor timing with the first test of 2016 coming in under two-weeks time at Sepang International Circuit in Malaysia. The team release stated that: “A decision as to whether Miller will participate in the first MotoGP test in Malaysia will be taken nearer the time, in conjunction with the rider and his medical team.”

As for the young Miller, he was confident that he would be present at Sepang and downplayed the injury.

“All this talk about not being sure on Sepang,” Miller said via Twitter. “I can't tell you all one thing, the right foot for riding is way overrated. I use too much rear brake anyway.”

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement