Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Movistar Yamaha Team Unveils 2016 Livery

16movistaryamaha 2?itokQflKPgOI Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

(Left to Right) Jorge Lorenzo, General Manager Motorsports Division & YMC MotoGP Group Leader, Kouichi Tsuj, and Valentino Rossi present the team's livery for 2016.

When you finish first and second in the MotoGP World Championship, we're guessing you can be excused for not making many changes to your program for the following season. Enter the 2016 Movistar Yamaha MotoGP team. Same sponsors, same bike, same two riders... and banking on the same success.

Earlier today, the Movistar Yamaha MotoGP squad unveiled its 2016 livery with subtle changes at the Telefonica headquarters in Barcelona, Spain. The presentation ushers in the new season before the team heads to Sepang on February 1 for the first pre-season test of the year where they will get to work on defending the MotoGP triple crown –team, manufacturer and rider championships.

16movistaryamaha99 1?itokfY1vi9sA Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

Lorenzo's steed for 2016 gets a few subtle paint changes.

The reigning champ – Jorge Lorenzo – is eager to get back to it. “Revealing the bike and the team is always a very special occasion,” Lorenzo said. “After the winter break it’s nice to greet the team again and it’s almost as if we never had a stop between the seasons at all; everything falls right back into place. The revealing of the bike is something I’ve looked forward to for many weeks. After my strong performance last year I’m very motivated and I’m itching to get back aboard my YZR-M1.”

16movistaryamaha99 3?itokI Kv2fw7 Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

The reigning champ has been training hard this winter in preparation for defending his title.

While Lorenzo is eager to get 2016 started to defend his title, the champ has no illusions about the task at hand.

“With a new season come new challenges and I am sure we can overcome all trials that will come our way,” Lorenzo said. “I have spent a big part of the winter break training to be a 100 percent prepared to defend the MotoGP World Championship title. Last year our package was very strong and we broke and equaled many records. We also got to climb on many podiums and I am certain we will see plenty more of that this season. Last year may have been a year with some ups and downs for me, but this has allowed me to learn to keep fighting until the end and I think we can use it to our benefit this year.”

16movistaryamaha99 4?itokMU05hS4s Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

Lorenzo has opted to run his signature 99 instead of the number one.

Lorenzo’s teammate and title rival last season – Valentino Rossi – is also eager to start the new year. And while, it’s far from his first rodeo, the start of season never gets old.

“It may be my 17th season in MotoGP’s premier class, but the start of the season is always exciting for me,” Rossi said. “I had a very strong season last year and my hunger to win has only grown since then.”

16movistaryamaha46 1?itokaSgUYeB7 Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

Tired of being the bridesmaid in the MotoGP Championship, Rossi says he is hungrier than ever.

After back-to-back seasons as the bridesmaid Rossi is hungrier than ever.

“Finishing second two years in a row shows how consistently strong my riding and the Yamaha team is and this year we’re going to raise our level even further. Yamaha has put in a lot of effort during the winter to get the bike in top shape, and I trained strenuously to be ready to start work at the first test in Sepang. We are competing against the best riders and teams in the world, so we’ll have to push to the maximum every step of the way, starting with pre-season testing."

16movistaryamaha46 3?itokdV7ebyrl Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

The MotoGP championship enters a new era in 2016 with Michelin tires and a spec ECU.

The new season also brings a lot of unknowns - new tires, new rules. But Rossi has confidence in the team behind him.

“Like last year, we will give our all to achieve the best possible results. It will be interesting to see how we get on with the new ECU software and the Michelin tires, I’m confident that we can make it another great year and will be able to challenge for victory.”

16movistaryamaha46 4?itokcpxUMEUO Photo Courtesy of Movistar Yamaha

Can Rossi get it done in 2016?

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote