MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #201
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

I guess it's time to sale my bikes or decide to only ride alone. sure won't be organizing any rides if I have to inspect DL and Ins. cards as well as verify riding experience.
Anyone that rides or has ridden in the past knows the inherent danger every time they start their bike. They need to also understand the bikes limitations as well as their own.
Like I tell my kids, Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should.
Not all rides, like the one Saturday, are about running double posted through the twisties. Did it get spirited at times? Sure. Testosterone starts flowing and start swelling and someone hits the throttle and others follow suit. Happens. It didn't last long and wasn't the premise of the ride.
Its upsetting that people won't attend rides because they are concerned about how everyone else is going to ride. Ride your own ride. I do. You will always find me near the back of a group enjoying myself. Not trying to keep up with anyone. Just keeping them in sight so I know where the next turn is.

Ok. I'm done. Rip me a knew one now if you like. Love ya and look forward to riding with you in the future. Or not.
Shuhboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Roll out to Katy/Cypress meet from buc-ee's. 7pm. Fastola Events, Meets and Rides 13 03-28-2013 06:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2016, 08:33 AM   #202
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuhboogie View Post
I guess it's time to sale my bikes or decide to only ride alone. sure won't be organizing any rides if I have to inspect DL and Ins. cards as well as verify riding experience.
Anyone that rides or has ridden in the past knows the inherent danger every time they start their bike. They need to also understand the bikes limitations as well as their own.
Not all rides, like the one Saturday, are about running double posted through the twisties. Did it get spirited at times? Sure. Testosterone starts flowing and start swelling and someone hits the throttle and others follow suit. Happens. It didn't last long and wasn't the premise of the ride.
Its upsetting that people won't attend rides because they are concerned about how everyone else is going to ride. Ride your own ride. I do. You will always find me near the back of a group enjoying myself. Not trying to keep up with anyone. Just keeping them in sight so I know where the next turn is.

Ok. I'm done. Rip me a knew one now if you like. Love ya and look forward to riding with you in the future. Or not.

You left abruptly on Saturday!
Old 06-14-2016, 08:37 AM   #203
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

Only one rider gets to be at the end of the group. At least you don't have to worry about getting hit by a bike behind you.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:56 AM   #204
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post

You left abruptly on Saturday!
I did. I wanted to head back to the seawall and though everyone else were saying they did too, they all seemed content sitting at that guys house. We had been talking about going back across the ferry since 2 pm. I finally gave up at 4:45 and went by myself. It was in no way a reflection on anyone that was there. I had planned to come back as well but the line for the ferry was all the way to the seawall. At that point I chose to call it a day and ride home.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #205
Kacfiz
The Kac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
No, but it does tend to cause problems or at least inconveniences the rest of the group. We as a whole, don't run from cops, and we don't scatter as a group. So if one of us pulls over, we all do. If one of us crashes, we all stay behind to look after the guy that went down. If the guy leading the group on a 2 day trip hits a deer 30 minutes into day one, the ride is all but over for everyone else....
Hey so honest question here. I've never had to interact with the police since I started riding...(knock on wood). If a cop comes after a group, is everyone supposed to pull over or would he single one out? I'd have no intention of running anyway my bike isn't fast enough for that
Old 06-14-2016, 08:59 AM   #206
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Only one rider gets to be at the end of the group. At least you don't have to worry about getting hit by a bike behind you.
Regardless of where you are in the group you always have to worry about being hit from behind. May be a bike, may be a car. You can never let your guard down, you know that.
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM   #207
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacfiz View Post
Hey so honest question here. I've never had to interact with the police since I started riding...(knock on wood). If a cop comes after a group, is everyone supposed to pull over or would he single one out? I'd have no intention of running anyway my bike isn't fast enough for that
Wouldn't that be an etiquette question?

I would imagine the proper thing would be the whole group pulls over.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #208
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Regardless of where you are in the group you always have to worry about being hit from behind. May be a bike, may be a car. You can never let your guard down, you know that.
That's why I posted,
Quote:
At least you don't have to worry about getting hit by a bike behind you.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:11 AM   #209
Kacfiz
The Kac

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
1990 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6D (Sold)
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius

Quote:
Wouldn't that be an etiquette question?

I would imagine the proper thing would be the whole group pulls over.
I agree, just curious what the law is. From the officers perspective pulling over a group of 10+ bikers all at once would seem unnecessary...
Kacfiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 09:14 AM   #210
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Most rides I've been on the entire group pulls over. Cops usually ride along side the leader with the intent that the entire group pulls over. Now, there have been stragglers that just kept on riding without being noticed.

Personally, if I'm not leading and it's a relatively tight formation, I'll pull over and not leave the leader hanging.
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2016, 09:30 AM   #211
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Quote:
I agree, just curious what the law is. From the officers perspective pulling over a group of 10+ bikers all at once would seem unnecessary...
It's up the the officer. Normally they like to run VIN's/licenses and insurance.

Sometimes they just single one guy out, but not normally.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:34 AM   #212
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
One rider can cause the entire group to get a speeding ticket. It's allowed by law. Ask me how I know
Old 06-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #213
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
I dont care what group ride I am on, if someone crashes or there is a bike failure, i will stay and help the best i can.

However, if on a group ride, and a cop pulls up behind me Ii'm usually the sweeper), I will pullover, however, if i pull over and he goes on to get the next guy, I aint stopping with the group I'll just keep moving on my merry way.

No need to pull over in a group, ain't got not time for that.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:29 AM   #214
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
One rider can cause the entire group to get a speeding ticket. It's allowed by law. Ask me how I know
thats why I aint stopping.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:31 AM   #215
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:

looks like you'll be leading the ride to the Central Meet next month!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:57 AM   #216
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
looks like you'll be leading the ride to the Central Meet next month!!!
I will gladly let someone else lead. The last time I was leader(cough cough Saturday cough cough), riding my own ride, the sweeper passed me and urged me to speed up. It seems the sweeper missed the whole conversation about taking it easy on 290 since its so unpredictable right now and then going a bit more spirited once we hit I-10.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:00 AM   #217
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:

*Sell* I quit reading after that..
Old 06-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #218
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Bike(s):
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
I will gladly let someone else lead. The last time I was leader(cough cough Saturday cough cough), riding my own ride, the sweeper passed me and urged me to speed up. It seems the sweeper missed the whole conversation about taking it easy on 290 since its so unpredictable right now and then going a bit more spirited once we hit I-10.
guess i missed all that, however, when we were coming upon traffic, it looked like the group was insitent on staying in a tight little group causing more traffic.

I, in fact, did what the job description requires me to. Sweep the group to safer pastures, which i felt we did. Also the guys we were riding with were experienced commuters so again, staying in a blob in one lane is unnecessary.

We nominate you for Central meet leader!!!
Old 06-14-2016, 11:27 AM   #219
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Yup, that is NOT a MH ride
Old 06-14-2016, 11:29 AM   #220
Shuhboogie
IS AFK

Who is we?

If so, Maybe I'll ride the 250. After following me on it, I will never be elected ride leader again. LOL

Advertisement