MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2016, 09:13 AM   #1
Track_Graphics

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

i Guess It's Time To Put The Bike Away

What's the coldest you've rode your bike in, or worst weather you got caught in?
This morning I decided to take the cage....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6045.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	90401  
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I guess it's time to ask for help...clutch cover issue Rgprestige15 How To's and Q & A's 10 03-23-2015 09:26 PM
Time to buy UT gear i guess.... txmedic1 The Circus 7 04-03-2013 07:29 AM
Well its time I guess humbleassassin General Discussion (Moto Related) 26 09-30-2009 01:32 PM
I guess it's time to update the garage on MH for me... tomLSTD General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 03-24-2009 11:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
My only form of transportation in 2005 was by motorcycle. I rode through it all and it was not fun most of the time... mainly staying clean and dry was a challenge. I use to carry an extra pair of shoes and jeans in my backpack. Sometimes when I knew it was raining, I'd put grocery bags over my socks to keep my socks dry and to keep my feet warmer in the cold... I certainly roughed it back then and wish I knew what I know now. I think the worst weather I ever got caught in was when I was 19... I had went to play basketball with some friends and all I had on was shorts, muscle shirt, and basketball shoes. On my way home that night, it was in the 50's... I wanted to die by the time I got on the freeway... almost the worst day of my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 01-11-2016, 09:57 AM   #3
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
probably the mid teens to 20's in Chicago back when I was new to riding. Until you've lived up north where you literally get 6-7 months of good riding in....you don't understand how tempting riding can be on a brisk, sunny day in late February after looking at your bike all winter long (even if there is still snow on the ground). That said, those rides were often 10-15 miles roundtrip at best. The with living in the cold. Viva Tejas!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:19 AM   #4
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

I've done high 20's here in Houston...Very uncomfortable even with thermals on and face mask.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Track_Graphics

I got caught in hail when I was coming back from the races. It was a long time ago. I was 17 and riding a CB350. My friend had the CB400. We were going 50mph when we ran into it and I swear I was going to die in about 2 seconds. The pain was unbelievable. We just cruised right up in some guys front yard under a huge tree.

Advertisement