Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 10:20 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Iannuzzo to make British Superbike return

Gearlink Kawasaki have snapped up the former European Superstock Champion

Iannuzzo to make British Superbike return
Vittorio Iannuzzo.

ITALIAN Vittorio Iannuzzo is to make his return to the British Superbike Championship this season as he joins the Supersport race-winning team Gearlink Kawasaki.

The former European Superstock Champion made several appearances in the British Championship last season with Tsingtao MV Agusta, but the 33-year-old is now looking forward to a full season with an already proven hard-working team.

Iannuzzo said: ‘I am proud to be part of this team because they are already one of the top teams in the Supersport Championship and when I met with them I had the feeling that they also want to become the same in the Superbike class, so together we can have goals for the season ahead.

‘The team has some really cool people and we have a good test schedule planned so for sure it should be an easier start to the season this time for me compared to last year.

‘I last rode a Kawasaki in 2008, but it was a long time ago, so I don't think it will be possible to compare but I feel I have more experience now - we will be ready for the first round.'

Concluding, the Italian stated: ‘We must work hard together this year to get results but I am looking forward to that this year. We know that BSB is one of the strongest championships in the world, with so many top riders and teams, but we can progress in every race and we will be trying hard to make steps forward at every round.’

Team Owner Michael de Bidaph had approached Iannuzzo last year, but due to other commitments nothing was able to transpire until now.

With the addition of Iannuzzo, the 2016 British Superbike Championship now represents nine different nationalities.

Related Content

Leon Haslam returns to BSB with JG Speedfit Kawasaki
JG Speedfit Kawasaki sign Peter Hickman for BSB 2016
Linfoot and O'Halloran join Honda for BSB 2015
Chris Martin - luckiest rider of the weekend
William Dunlop signs deal with MMS Kawasaki

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote