Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2015, 08:10 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Laverty and Iddon announced as Tyco BMWs BSB riders

Northern Irelands Laverty resigns as Iddon is snapped up to be his teammate

Laverty and Iddon announced as Tyco BMWs BSB riders

TYCO BMW have announced their 2016 British Superbike Championship line-up with race-winner Michael Laverty returning for his second campaign with the squad alongside Christian Iddon.

Ulsterman Laverty ended this season's title battle in fourth place in the overall standings on-board the Tyco BMW S1000RR and this season he will be joined by Iddon.

Speaking at the Motorcycle Live show, Laverty said: 'We had a strong end to last season and I have really gelled with the BMW so I am happy to stay with the team and have some continuity because over recent years I have never stayed for two seasons with the same team and regretted it.

'It's exciting to build on last season and we have a good development plan over the winter; we went out at the end of last season with a winning motorcycle and that signals our intentions for 2016.

'I also wanted to stay with BMW as there are lots of movers and shakers in the Championship next year and those teams and riders will have to do the groundwork - that is what we did last season. I am looking forward to being able to fine tune now after our development year.

'There is still a lot more potential to come from the Tyco BMW; we have a really fast engine and we can still do more work to polish off the power delivery, improve the chassis settings and that creates more harmony.'

Laverty's new team-mate Iddon has made the switch to the Tyco BMW team for his 2016 campaign after ending the 2015 season in tenth place due to injury. However, the Stockport racer did score his best result of four place in the final two rounds of this year's season.

'I am looking forward to good year in 2016; it's exciting as they are a top flight team who has been around for a long time. I met with the team and everyone was spot on and to be linked with BMW in their official team is also a big plus for me,' explained the 30-year-old.

'We had a lot of misfortune last year, but I hope we can start the year with some solid performances and build on it from there. I am feeling confident and I want to run at the front and with the right package there is no reason why I can't.

'Consistency is important for results, especially with the Showdown, we saw that this year. I don't know what to expect yet but I can't wait to have my first test on the BMW.'

Previously announced, Ian Hutchinson is to spearhead Tyco BMW's 2016 road racing campaign whilst Guy Martin's plans for 2016 are still unknown.

Related Content

Tyco BMW sign Tommy Bridewell
Halsall Suzuki signs Waters and Iddon
Michael Laverty returns to BSB with Tyco BMW
Bennetts named as Halsall Suzuki title sponsor
TAS Racing & Tyco join forces with BMW for 2015

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote