Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.
 
Gixxerguy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Antonio
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 217

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200








SW Houston Area Dynos

Hello everyone, where in houston (preferably southwest side) can I take my GSXR to do a few pulls on a non-dynojet dyno that reads AFR's? My bike is carbed and I do my own tuning. Its running pretty good, but i want to see where Im at and what kind of power its making on the new motor setup
__________________
G86
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for Handyman - Sugar Land / SW Houston area BlackWidow Off Topic 2 12-25-2013 06:38 PM
looking for people to ride with in the sw area jack0 Events, Meets and Rides 16 05-09-2013 11:32 PM
Any portable dynos in the area? hurricane General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 04-20-2010 05:01 AM
Decent bike shop SW/west houston area zombiejesus General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 01-26-2010 10:06 PM
SW=STAFFORD AREA rick Events, Meets and Rides 112 04-11-2007 02:31 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-24-2015, 04:01 PM   #2
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 890

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









If it's running good, what is the concern? You could go to 10 different dynos in the area and every single one will give you different numbers.

Your best bet (if you're concerned about how much power you gained with the new setup) was to get a baseline before doing the work and then going back to the same dyno to see what gains were made.

I am sure someone local to you can refer a shop, what kind of motor work was done?
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #3
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.
 
Gixxerguy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Antonio
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 217

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200








Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooley View Post
If it's running good, what is the concern? You could go to 10 different dynos in the area and every single one will give you different numbers.

Your best bet (if you're concerned about how much power you gained with the new setup) was to get a baseline before doing the work and then going back to the same dyno to see what gains were made.

I am sure someone local to you can refer a shop, what kind of motor work was done?
unfortunately I dont have a baseline, piston #3 grenaded the weekend before getting it on a dyno from stock, I installed larger 73mm pistons, lowered the CR to 10:1, better-flowing head with bigger valves, much more aggressive cams, better carbs that are rejetted, stronger rods, full exhaust, upgraded ignition. Power wise I believe thats all
__________________
G86
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #4
Truckin_Thumper
Senior Member
 
Truckin_Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Dallas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 2,054

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
El Tigre 1050
WR426 Blue Hooligan Motard ---once back together








its always the Gixxer crowd....:(
Truckin_Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:20 PM   #5
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.
 
Gixxerguy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Antonio
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 217

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200








Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin_Thumper View Post
its always the Gixxer crowd....:(
.......and?
__________________
G86
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #6
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,904

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxerguy86 View Post
unfortunately I dont have a baseline, piston #3 grenaded the weekend before getting it on a dyno from stock, I installed larger 73mm pistons, lowered the CR to 10:1, better-flowing head with bigger valves, much more aggressive cams, better carbs that are rejetted, stronger rods, full exhaust, upgraded ignition. Power wise I believe thats all
Is it back up and running? It would be worth the little bit of extra time taking it to MCC (one of our sponsors) up in Humble. Cheap power runs.

Id love to see a thread about about your bike with pics and details!
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #7
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.
 
Gixxerguy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Antonio
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 217

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200








Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
Is it back up and running? It would be worth the little bit of extra time taking it to MCC (one of our sponsors) up in Humble. Cheap power runs.

Id love to see a thread about about your bike with pics and details!

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/15-oil-...0-time-10.html

__________________
G86
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #8
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged
 
MCCycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 190

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1






Did you call us yesterday? Power pulls with AFR monitoring is $65.
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #9
Gixxerguy86
Rider. Tuner. Wrencher.
 
Gixxerguy86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: San Antonio
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 217

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
1986 GSXR 815
2002 Bandit 1200








Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCycles View Post
Did you call us yesterday? Power pulls with AFR monitoring is $65.
sure did, called today too
__________________
G86
Gixxerguy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #10
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged
 
MCCycles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Spring
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 190

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1






Ok cool, just making sure.
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy