MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2015, 04:30 PM   #1
Salty
seņor Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Farking Florida
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 585

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
86 Ninja 250r
2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer








Buying my old bike back

I'm purchasing my old Triumph Sprint Ride Smart back from the person I sold it to over a year ago. She has sat in a garage for the past year and aches to be taken out and enjoyed on the open road. I began missing her the moment I sold her and I was thrilled to hear that the current owner was thinking of selling the bike. Many good times will follow.

Anyone else ever purchase a bike back that they regretted selling? What was your experience?
Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a new bike Shaunpe Safety Corner Main 5 02-20-2014 09:55 PM
Buying new bike? j_e_hurst General Discussion (Moto Related) 17 05-24-2013 09:40 AM
Buying a bike- Need some help sik9 General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 03-28-2012 09:07 PM
Buying a new bike bttran General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 04-28-2011 06:27 PM
Buying a new bike Lucille225 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 10-26-2010 01:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #2
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,001

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









I just recently bought back my 08 ZX6R track bike. The guy who bought it from me basically gave me a cash loan for it as collateral because he never used it. Once my finances got back to normal I called him and he immediately offered to sell it back to me. Me and him have owned the bike twice now. Glad it is back home
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:08 PM   #3
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,496

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Not any bikes yet, but my old track car was bought back several times.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #4
Ek
Senior Member
 
Ek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 1,228

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
SV 650
KTM 125sx
Harley Street Bob
Husky 610 Tard
Vino 125






I just swapped back for my supermoto this past week. I am not afraid to admit that I have bike ADD.
Ek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:35 PM   #5
proasian3
Senior Member
 
proasian3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,758












Swapped girlfriends once. The new one wasn't cutting it so Swapped the old one back
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #6
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!
 
flipstyledsm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Seabrook, Texas
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 5,496

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD






Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by proasian3 View Post
Swapped girlfriends once. The new one wasn't cutting it so Swapped the old one back
I did that once before... the old one turned out to have hidden issues and I ended up breaking it completely, then the other one malfunctioned when I brought a rental into the picture
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
People have no idea that I'm walking around with dicks on my face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelToe View Post
Alright who did it?
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-18-2015, 09:41 AM   #7
Oskar_Z28
Senior Member
 
Oskar_Z28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 261

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 R1, 01 SV650









Bough one exactly the same as an old one but with 30000 miles less.
Oskar_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:23 AM   #8
Tojo92
AKA Mongo
 
Tojo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cedar Park, TX
Feedback Rating: (7)
Posts: 5,189

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2003 Honda VFR800






Hi, my name is Staton and I have a problem.

I have bought and sold back quite a few.

Favorite story below.

My 1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP was traded to a buddy for a VFR800 since I had a similar 1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP in the garage next to it with EVERY mod available to a SS/SP at the time.

He rode it and eventually sold it to another friend of ours. That friend had NO mechanical skills and on a trip to Barber he had it with him and we noticed the oil level looked a little high. After we removed a full quart of oil, it was about right!

I eventually sold the highly modded SS/SP for a decent price. It was a hairy chested beast that was not exactly tame on the street, yet not really a great track bike candidate.

I eventually traded my buddy my CRF450 motard for the 900 SS/SP back. (Yes, it is the same CRF450 motard I currently race...whole nother story).

After getting the Duc back, I took it in for a full rebuild due to concerns of its care while he had it. While in the shop, we discovered the pistons were actually cracked! SO...944 kit with high comp compression, full suspension rebuild, and while in the shop, I had the bodywork repainted to fix the rock chips, etc.

It is the most perfect street bike I have ever owned. Every time I consider selling it, I take it for ride and decide that I can't sell it.

Thanks for listening and the support. These meetings really help.

It's been 2 weeks since I bought a bike...
__________________
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-18-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
Schooley
Herpagonnaisyphalitis
 
Schooley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,001

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX6R









Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
Hi, my name is Staton and I have a problem.

I have bought and sold back quite a few.

Favorite story below.

My 1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP was traded to a buddy for a VFR800 since I had a similar 1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP in the garage next to it with EVERY mod available to a SS/SP at the time.

He rode it and eventually sold it to another friend of ours. That friend had NO mechanical skills and on a trip to Barber he had it with him and we noticed the oil level looked a little high. After we removed a full quart of oil, it was about right!

I eventually sold the highly modded SS/SP for a decent price. It was a hairy chested beast that was not exactly tame on the street, yet not really a great track bike candidate.

I eventually traded my buddy my CRF450 motard for the 900 SS/SP back. (Yes, it is the same CRF450 motard I currently race...whole nother story).

After getting the Duc back, I took it in for a full rebuild due to concerns of its care while he had it. While in the shop, we discovered the pistons were actually cracked! SO...944 kit with high comp compression, full suspension rebuild, and while in the shop, I had the bodywork repainted to fix the rock chips, etc.

It is the most perfect street bike I have ever owned. Every time I consider selling it, I take it for ride and decide that I can't sell it.

Thanks for listening and the support. These meetings really help.

It's been 2 weeks since I bought a bike...
ULXUQQd
Schooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #10
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 29,649

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


I bought my trackbike back. Put a lot of money into it, rode it once and sold it. I did tell the new owner er to let me know first when he decided to sell it. Lol
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
flip326
No likey, no bikey
 
flip326's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: League City
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 5,510

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)






About a decade ago, I sold my ninja 500 to a hooligan who got arrested the first time I met him...

What a clown that guy was...I think I also bought a track bike from him about 5 years later.
__________________
flip326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-18-2015, 05:47 PM   #12
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 29,649

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by flip326 View Post
About a decade ago, I sold my ninja 500 to a hooligan who got arrested the first time I met him...

What a clown that guy was...I think I also bought a track bike from him about 5 years later.
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:11 AM   #13
_Iceman_
Aerobatics Junkie
 
_Iceman_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 189

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda ZR50
Blata 2.5







I wish I could find my 98 ZX7R. I'd love to buy it back. That and my 998R. I regret selling all of my bikes, but those I think I miss the most.
__________________


www.s2kdj.com
_Iceman_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #14
albertinhouston
Senior Member
 
albertinhouston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,345












2.
91 bandit 400(SRAD motor swap) sold n 2001 traded A dr650 motor for it back in 2003. Its still n the garage.
Daughter used to ride with me on my gv650. Sold it 4 years ago. Got it back last night. She has been smiling from ear to ear. The whole time we drove to get it
albertinhouston is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy