MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 11:06 AM   #41
GLD
track junkie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by username
only reason why i would not carry a glock is "no safety" . xd-40 sub-compact is what i carry.
They do have safeties but just not what you are thinking of. IMO no safety is a great reason to carry a Glock, plus the fact the guns can go through and back and still fire when you pull the trigger.

Many of course argue if you practice a pull with a safety you of course also practice flipping it off. However, how many of us actually practice pulls at the range? I know I probably only do about 5 each time I go, in part because it is the most dangerous time to be handling your weapon.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bevo, You Planking Mother F#$&%! Deadfred Off Topic 30 08-24-2011 05:02 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Someone spit on me today timistim General Discussion (Moto Related) 69 11-28-2010 01:13 PM
Mother F&^$%$ing Safty wire Prodigy Stunters Lounge 23 02-04-2009 06:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2007, 06:30 PM   #42
Seth
F T W

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
sixsevenfive

Send a message via AIM to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
thats just gross.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #43
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Actually some of the nicest guys I met were on Harleys. A friend and I pulled into a gas station to throw some air in his tires, and two Harley riders came up and started talking to us about the bikes, and also talked about theirs. this was a few days before that rally in Austin not too long ago. Had an empty, paid for hotel room that was not going to be used. Offered it to us free if we wanted to head out there, and gave us the meeting spot and time. I would have LOVED to go, but I had work that weekend.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:10 PM   #44
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by username
only reason why i would not carry a glock is "no safety" . xd-40 sub-compact is what i carry.
As already stated that is not true. Glocks have a double trigger safety, which many people believe is more than enough. XD uses the double trigger and adds a grip safety. A few of ya'll have called me about my prices today and when we answer with "Tomball " it throws you off
We have one of the largest selections of NEW firearms around. We do carry many used weapons as well but we are a master dealer and do stock tons of new weapons. http://www.tomballpawn.com

~Keith
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #45
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

i'll admit...i was like, , i don't want a used one...
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #46
biker_larry1000

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
ZX10 Special edition

i had both the 3 and the 4". the 4 is more accurate but the 3" is more concealable.
biker_larry1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:23 PM   #47
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlRacer
As already stated that is not true. Glocks have a double trigger safety, which many people believe is more than enough. XD uses the double trigger and adds a grip safety. A few of ya'll have called me about my prices today and when we answer with "Tomball " it throws you off
We have one of the largest selections of NEW firearms around. We do carry many used weapons as well but we are a master dealer and do stock tons of new weapons. http://www.tomballpawn.com

~Keith
dude, dont let the secret out. I have bought my last 3 guns from yall. Most people have never even heard of it and I hope that it stays that way. I came in looking to see if yall had savage rifles in stock. I inquired about the new model 12 LRPV and it was in stock! Purchased it on the spot.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement