MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"No, "we" have a bad image in the media because that's they way the media wants it. They propogate stereotypes to sell newspapers."

No "We" have a bad image, because of shyte that this thread was about...because of morons killing themselves on the freeways and roads trying to do Mach 1.
In many of these 'accidents' we don't see the 'charges' we want, because to be blunt...the rider was also doing something wrong, Ie: Speeding and because we are a minority.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biker gets hit from behind on dallas freeway. floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-26-2011 08:00 PM
Update on Striker & Family tyme2move General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 03-11-2009 04:03 PM
Dallas Tollway biker attack on 6-10 Tiger Bait General Discussion (Moto Related) 118 07-02-2007 04:35 PM
Does the new jag look like a tiburon ? bigcomfy Off Topic 15 12-08-2005 12:31 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2007, 10:08 AM   #22
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

In the eyes of the media, biker will always lose to car driver.

Example; a biker does wheelie on the street, a driver pulled out attempt to make a left turn without looking to see the on coming traffic causing the biker to crashed and died. Who's at fault?
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

^biker, caused his own demise. it's a wreckless ticket for a reason.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:15 AM   #24
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
"We don't know anything about 'Impeding the flow of traffic'. You can't rely on a video that Fox news claims was the bikers in question. "

Your words, right Den?

"Video released by the North Texas Tollway Authority shows that just before the incident on June 10, the bikers were riding in a large group, doing wheelies and blocking all three southbound lanes. "
^Quote from the news site...

"The guy in the Jag wasn't startled or suprised by the bikes. Another post claims that at one point he was tailgating and almost hit the back tire of one bike. "
Precisely how the frag do you KNOW this? Forget 'another post', give a link to a witness account...and where in the sequence of events this 'tailgating' happened.

Mind providing some links to these sources then? I've crawled through several and the only 'witness' commentary 1/2 around seems to be 'Tom', which provides none of the other needed information.

" Tell me how you 'go around' if the bikes are blocking all the lanes. There's no shoulder on the DNT. He accidentally hits a bike and think 'oh I better take off'. "

READ and don't project Den... We have no REAL information on the sequence of events.

"Sorry, but when in doubt I'm gonna take sides with the bikers. I commute everyday and I see more people in cars doing stupid than bikers. At least once a week someone intentionally tries to block me, cut me off, or race me so fck 'em."

Give it a rest...I want to know the whole darn story in the proper sequence of events. Not pick some 'side' like a stupid grade school match off.
The video shows some bikes on the tollway. No date, no positive id of the bikes, just bikes. You seem to want PROOF but you're pushing this video which doesn't proove squat.

Search DallasRiders and you'll see where they claim he was tailgating. That forum is the only source for the 'other' side of the story. If you'd rather believe the Jag driver because he made it on TV then fine.

The Jag driver said that the bikes were 'blocking traffic' and he was 'trying to go around'. Those are HIS words.

And last, you guys can keep preaching your righteous bullsh1t but I'm still siding with the bikers. Everyone on the road (car or bike) breaks traffic laws so I don't want to hear this 'impeding traffic' . If you want the 'real sequence of events' then you should probably stop posting your opinions on the subject and wait for the court transcripts.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #25
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych0ninja
This is why i dont carry my gun when i ride because I would have to shoot at least 3 or 4 people a day in this city if this were the case

who know what happened all i know is my brother lives in dallas and said it was a normal group of guys that ride the toll on a normal basis and he said when he rides with them they are usually flying at least 90 plus ( got to get through the booths) So in my opinion and his as well i dont see how the Jag could accidentallly hit a bike like it was said earlier he was bein a swerving honking his horn (cause you know people that drive Jags are more important than anyone else) and weved and slammed a bike

in the end who knows they are all guilty of somthing everyone one of them let Dallas deal with it maybe everyone will get in trouble and justice will be served or maybe only this one guy GETS F*cked
90% of cagers here in Dallas are crazy drivers compared to Houstonian. If you put a blinker on, you'll will never passed, guaranteed. If two lanes are merging, it's "playing chicken." If you drive and leave a good braking distance, people will cut in.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 AM   #26
jimmy"zx6
Banned

Bike(s):
2005 kawasaki 636,2004 zx10r

User is banned

jimmy"zx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 AM   #27
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
The video shows some bikes on the tollway. No date, no positive id of the bikes, just bikes. You seem to want PROOF but you're pushing this video which doesn't proove squat.
""Video released by the North Texas Tollway Authority shows that just before the incident on June 10, the bikers were riding in a large group, doing wheelies and blocking all three southbound lanes. ""

HELLO... 'Video released by the North Texas Tollway Authority....just before the incident'.
Let's talk odds...of a DIFFERENT 'pack' of riders in the same general time frame that were stunting in a 'calm and organised manner' and NOT impeding traffic?

"Search DallasRiders and you'll see where they claim he was tailgating. That forum is the only source for the 'other' side of the story. If you'd rather believe the Jag driver because he made it on TV then fine.
The Jag driver said that the bikes were 'blocking traffic' and he was 'trying to go around'. Those are HIS words. "

I've gone through it repeatedly, seen a WHOLE lot of off the wall conjecture and stupidity and REAL good examples of pathetic reading comprehension, spelling and grammar to.

Then what I've done is try to see the various possibilites of how things could have happend based on the information provided by 'both' sides.
and I guess as long as we get/have to see your nuerotic bs then I/we will continue with our 'rightous bull' you can go on gut reaction and we can try to examine and consider the possibilities.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 AM   #28
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
bikers started it, car ended.......lol at bikers.

sorry i commute too , and i really don't have prob. w/ cars. but if i was in my cage and a pack of bikers was blocking the road, i'd have a prob. w/ them. and prolly go around them, space or no space.
yeah, that's some real nice logic you have there....

People like you, man....
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #29
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

so the bikers have a right to impede me going somewhereon purpose?\

please justify them blocking all the lanes.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #30
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

i would have a major problem with this as well.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:32 AM   #31
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:

I won't justify that, but I won't justify forcing your way through them either. They were both in the wrong here, but as every moron knows, 2 wrongs don't make a right, (in the eyes of the law) so taking the law into your own hands in this situation is just asking for trouble and you know it. How does impeding the flow of traffic warrant you forcing your way through them and endangering lives even more. You are just as much of the problem as they are.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #32
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:34 AM   #33
Psych0ninja
^^^CANDIE FAHST!!!!!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2005 R6 Track only

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
90% of cagers here in Dallas are crazy drivers compared to Houstonian. If you put a blinker on, you'll will never passed, guaranteed. If two lanes are merging, it's "playing chicken." If you drive and leave a good braking distance, people will cut in.
LOL you dont have to tell me Im from TYLER you aint seen stupid drivers till you go there LOL I used to work in dallas and road and drove there alot shyt is CRAZY!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i think mckee is psychoninja's , ask psychoninja if mckee can take it
Psych0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #34
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

what both parties need to practice is common courtesy.

what the guy that shot at the car needs to learn is responsible firearms practice. idiots like him are going to make anti-gun activists feel like they have the leverage to take away my rights.
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #35
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
How does impeding the flow of traffic warrant you forcing your way through them and endangering lives even more. You are just as much of the problem as they are.
their time is no more important them my time, so by them slowing me down, they are enforcing their time on me.

didn't say it was right, but i'd have no prob. getting by them. they're only going 30-40mph. on a frwy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badzx14r
next time you watch COPS ....see what happens to a person that tags a cop car in a chase or drive by them .... its assault ...... but yet its ok in your thinking that car TRYS to run you over.... And i'm not talking about the everyday traffic i didn't see the bike stuff of runnin over (traffic merge)..... but full blown road rage i'm gonna run that biker over type
who said anything about hitting them, appearantly the jag dude can't drive cuz he hit one of them.

going by them is evading, not assault. hitting them or pointing your car at them is assault.

now what happens when somebody is going around them and a biker decides to "block" them, who's fault is it?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #36
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

ALRIGHT! HOLD IT FOLX...

before this starts getting derailed and out of hand.

Want to discuss Racer's X and what he says wold be his actions, take it to PM's. Not really something appropiate for the forum.
This thread, discuss what we 'know' in regards to the dallas/jag incident...and the 'arrest' of the moron with the gun.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #37
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
""Video released by the North Texas Tollway Authority shows that just before the incident on June 10, the bikers were riding in a large group, doing wheelies and blocking all three southbound lanes. ""

HELLO... 'Video released by the North Texas Tollway Authority....just before the incident'.
Let's talk odds...of a DIFFERENT 'pack' of riders in the same general time frame that were stunting in a 'calm and organised manner' and NOT impeding traffic?

"Search DallasRiders and you'll see where they claim he was tailgating. That forum is the only source for the 'other' side of the story. If you'd rather believe the Jag driver because he made it on TV then fine.
The Jag driver said that the bikes were 'blocking traffic' and he was 'trying to go around'. Those are HIS words. "

I've gone through it repeatedly, seen a WHOLE lot of off the wall conjecture and stupidity and REAL good examples of pathetic reading comprehension, spelling and grammar to.

Then what I've done is try to see the various possibilites of how things could have happend based on the information provided by 'both' sides.
and I guess as long as we get/have to see your nuerotic bs then I/we will continue with our 'rightous bull' you can go on gut reaction and we can try to examine and consider the possibilities.
The video is still not proof of anything. Could've been shot anytime.

I read the thread once and didn't miss the part about the tailgating. You're specualting about the incident as much as I am yet you're right and I'm wrong?

Nuerotic huh? You want to start name calling just because you can't win a simple debate? I think you need to go out and ride more. And when some idiot in a car runs you over you're gonna wish that someone like me was there to back you up. Or maybe I could just stand over you and tell you how it was your fault.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:38 AM   #38
level5
moving chicane

Quote:

Take laws into your own hands and you will be dealt with the same, like the driver of the Jaq. Two wrongs doesn't make it right.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #39
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnanas
what both parties need to practice is common courtesy.

what the guy that shot at the car needs to learn is responsible firearms practice. idiots like him are going to make anti-gun activists feel like they have the leverage to take away my rights.
Exactly!!!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #40
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Bike(s):
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
Take laws into your own hands and you will be dealt with the same, like the driver of the Jaq. Two wrongs doesn't make it right.

yup, and if a cop were there, i'd pull right on over. who's side do you think a cop would take, a driver or a pack of riders blocking the frwy. remember he saw you passing the pack.

common courtesy would be nice, but the sit. unfolded as it did.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016

Advertisement