MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2015, 10:10 PM   #1
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Circuit of The Americas lets go of CEO

Oh?

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ci...ets-go-of-ceo/

Quote:
UPDATED: Ousted CEO Jason Dial responds with his own statement

The Circuit of The Americas has announced it has released its CEO of two years, Jason Dial.

“After careful consideration, the Circuit of the Americas (COTA) board of directors has decided to part ways with CEO Jason Dial,” the board said in a written statement on Tuesday afternoon.

“We appreciate Jason’s hard work in his two years at COTA, but it’s time to move in a different direction.

"As we embark on a busy year, we are committed to delivering an outstanding fan experience and world-class events.

"While a search for replacement is underway, an interim executive committee of the board will lead COTA’s day-to-day operations.”

Dial joined Circuit of The Americas as track president, after serving as CMO for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. However, Dial was made CEO just a month later when Steve Sexton departed the role.

Dial's release comes less than a month after a rain-drenched Formula 1 race "lost millions" according to COTA chairman Bobby Epstein. Following the effects of Hurricane Patricia, Epstein told the Austin American Statesman that the US Grand Prix was "a financially devastating weekend for the company…

"We suffered from some fans having such a bad experience they won't be back, although I hope we can change their mind."

Dial responded with his own statement.

"I want to thank my team who have worked tirelessly in a challenging environment to make Circuit of The Americas something special for Austin and Central Texas. We made tremendous progress over the past two years.

"My team’s performance on F1 weekend with the unprecedented rains and wind was extraordinary. I also want to thank Red and Charline McCombs, for whom I have great respect and admiration."
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circuit of the Americas bdubb General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 06-07-2012 11:05 AM
Lap at Circuit of the Americas maxgs General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 12-16-2011 06:54 AM
Circuit of the Americas - CANCELLED morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 43 11-17-2011 06:46 PM
Circuit of Americas Timelapse babymilo36 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 08-04-2011 09:38 PM
Circuit of The Americas omer General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 04-26-2011 07:41 AM
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2015, 10:23 PM   #2
Rttoys
Insurance poor

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
99 Ducati 996s
07 Yamaha FZ1
14 Yamaha TW200
13 Kawasaki 300se
08 Ducati Hypermotard

So, it's his fault it rained like a for 3 days straight??? He made it rain at motogp too, I guess.

I guess I need to send in a job app.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #3
Crossfits
Crossfits

"We appreciate Jason's hard work.." Riiiiiiight.. I'd like to see what they do when they don't appreciate something...
Old 11-03-2015, 10:26 PM   #4
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solracer View Post
so what did the expect him to do?

Postpone and reschedule?

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

I was there. It was a complete disaster. They closed all the parking lots on saturday and made everyone park in lot q. 3 miles away. They bussed us in to lot t wich was wet but not at all unusable but closed.

When we were wet enough to leave there were no busses back. We started walking the 3 MILES to the car. A local took pity upon our souls and drove us back to lot q ( for $20 )

My experience was one of the worst visits to a venue. Ever. Those people have had 3 years to figure it out. Pave a parking lot and make some shade SOMEWHERE in the venue. More real bathrooms and a proper infield. I wont even mention the traffic.

Yes it is 1st class facility in the seat or in the club or on the track. Unfortunately, everything else is just a field. $60 to get shuffled around and end up parking 3 miles away in a dirty lake is not acceptable.

Oh and by the way NOBODY (attendants and ushers) knows what's going on or where anything is. I have been there overt half a dozen times and it is always a clusterfuck.

Last edited by tiatool; 11-03-2015 at 10:44 PM.
tiatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-03-2015, 11:33 PM   #6
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
I was there. It was a complete disaster. They closed all the parking lots on saturday and made everyone park in lot q. 3 miles away. They bussed us in to lot t wich was wet but not at all unusable but closed.

When we were wet enough to leave there were no busses back. We started walking the 3 MILES to the car. A local took pity upon our souls and drove us back to lot q ( for $20 )

My experience was one of the worst visits to a venue. Ever. Those people have had 3 years to figure it out. Pave a parking lot and make some shade SOMEWHERE in the venue. More real bathrooms and a proper infield. I wont even mention the traffic.

Yes it is 1st class facility in the seat or in the club or on the track. Unfortunately, everything else is just a field. $60 to get shuffled around and end up parking 3 miles away in a dirty lake is not acceptable.

Oh and by the way NOBODY (attendants and ushers) knows what's going on or where anything is. I have been there overt half a dozen times and it is always a clusterfuck.
Abso--lutely. I wasn't there for F1 this year but I have been in the past and while I plan on going back, it IS a clusterfuck
Old 11-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #7
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

I was able to get a good hotel room in Austin that Friday for less than $100. I don't think the demand was there this year.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 07:27 AM   #8
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Seemed like the F1 teams went out of their way to sign autographs and meet fans after the rainsoaked/delayed qualifying round.

Too bad the rest of the event was as as described above.

I skipped this year because of the rain...glad I did...
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:25 AM   #9
Jredford
Rotsevnieht

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
FZ1
R1200RT
CRF450X Tard
R6 Friggin Rocket Ship
CRMA Lic #622

Epstein will lose this track in less than 2 years. Idiot.

"Racing is life... everything before and after is just waiting." Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in 'Le Mans'
Jredford is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
Vilks

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13

Add to the weather the fact that F1 return to Mexico. Mexican fans made a substantial number of attendees to the US F1 race. Bernie Ecclestone, owner of the F1, can be rustles and putting back to back the U.S.A and Mexican races a IMOP was head move. And I also thought that scheduling late October for the USGP wasn't the best time weather wise.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-05-2015, 07:22 PM   #11
DLite
David

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

If they don't service the fans, then they're doomed.

If I had an experience like tool man did, I wouldn't go back.
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:38 PM   #12
Vilks

Bike(s):
BMW S1000RR '13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
I was able to get a good hotel room in Austin that Friday for less than $100. I don't think the demand was there this year.
Regardless of the weather I think the inaugural Mexican F1 had a huge impact. Around 30,000 Mexicans came to the prior F1 but I think many will be back giving COTA is a way better circuit to watch a race than the Hermanos Rodrigues Circuit, pluss Mexicans love to come shop here too.
Vilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 PM   #13
kenup283

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilks View Post
Add to the weather the fact that F1 return to Mexico. Mexican fans made a substantial number of attendees to the US F1 race. Bernie Ecclestone, owner of the F1, can be rustles and putting back to back the U.S.A and Mexican races a IMOP was head move. And I also thought that scheduling late October for the USGP wasn't the best time weather wise.
It was political, but the d!ck head move began with the COTA track owners who wanted to cut Tavo Hellmund, the guy who put the whole COTA project together, out of the project at the last minute once things looked to be in place.

After it became clear Tavo was getting booted he had to sue the track ownership to get compensation for his troubles, same situation as with Kevin Schwartz.

Immediately after the suite he then turned his sights on Mexico and announced his plans to take F1 there. He succeeded.

The missmanagment at COTA began before a wheel was ever turned. The financial people took over and cut out the two people who brought F1 and MotoGP onboard. They made their bed, now it's time to lay in it.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #14
Aggie
In slow, fast out...hmm

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'08 MD250H (track)
'06 NSF100 (sold)
'07 GSXR600 (sold)
'04 R6 (sold)
'01 F4i (sold)

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/storm
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:56 PM   #15
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
, looks like they had a rave
Old 11-10-2015, 12:52 AM   #16
tbssowner

Experience: 3 years

Race was good not boring like usual.
tbssowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #17
supadupa

Feedback Rating: (3)

I'm glad they're having troubles. Been acting like complete douches since they opened the doors.

Time for some new ownership & a cmra date.
supadupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:16 PM   #18
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Jesus they this up

http://www.bizjournals.com/austin/ne...ter-texas.html

Austin's Formula 1 race is in jeopardy and might not return next year because the state will give only $19.5 million worth of public money to the event rather than the expected $25 million,*reports the Austin American-Statesman.

How dire is it for the race, held at TheCircuit of The Americas*racetrack in Southeast Austin? COTA chairman*Bobby Epstein*sums it up this way in today's Statesman: "To use a technical term, I think we're screwed."
Old 11-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #19
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

http://planetf1.com/news/cota-chairm...-were-screwed/
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #20
aznhero913
J.D.

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 CBR600rr
2005 R6 (bye baby)
1992 Yamaha Seca (1st one)

Sorry to dig this up from the grave but I was searching for MotoGP COTA stuff for april and stumbled on to this.

It's more than just rain... I was there for the F1 race and it was a disgusting disaster. Portable bathrooms everywhere, as long as the eye could see. They were sinking in the mud and it looked like field. It was disgusting. I dropped nearly $2K taking my family there and completely regret the experience. The parking there is a joke and a catastrophe. We had to get shuttled from a high school. We wasted nearly 4 years getting on an off buses.

Good riddance, hopefully the new CEO has more class than this white trash idiot.

So who's going to COTA for MotoGP in April?

Advertisement