MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

My eyes, focused on one more championship!

As most of you know, if you have read or even followed a few of my post' over the last year and a bit, I won a championship in our local hare scramble series in the 450A class. I did not fair so well in the 40A championship last year as I chose to sit out several rounds due to weather conditions.

At the season ending round 10, I was not clear enough in the points to finish the season a round early, I had to race the final Saturday event in order to clinch the championship for the 450A class, I did just that, finished the race in a position that gave me the top spot on the podium for the year. As for Sunday's 40A class championship, I had missed too many rounds and was nowhere near being in an overall podium position for the year so I made the decision to make my Pro class debut on Sunday.

While on a new to me bike (KTM 350SX-F) I saddled up Sunday and got my handed to me, it was quite humbling to say the least. My speed was not up to par, my skill and talent level lacking against the 20 somethings who had been racing the pro class for up to 8 years now. I hung my neck on the line, not to go out and set the world on fire, not to make an impression on anyone but, for the sole purpose of becoming a better, smoother, smarter and faster racer. This I have accomplished over the last 10 months.

We have 2 rounds to go for the TORCS series, as long as the weather plays on our side at least; I have started racing the Texas series enduro races this year and my plan is to follow the series from round 1 through to the end of round 12.

3 of the 12 rounds will be 2 day events, meaning 1 separate enduro race each day of the weekend, each enduro is normally 50-70 race miles long, drawn out over a 3-4 hour period. So far, after 2 rounds I am sitting in 3rd place, trailing 2nd by 2 points and 1st by only 8 points. I can make it happen, I can make another championship at the end of this with good race days and better results.

I am racing in the 40A Sr class for this series, the enduro Pro's are like the Aliens of MotoGP, they're unbelievably fast, and very seasoned at enduro racing. Their ability to read trail for the very first time at near full speed is an amazing sight to see from a slower riders perspective. In my class, I have to compete against Lynn Bailey, a long time veteran rider who has won several ISDE's in his time, a true champion in his own right. He has been team mates to some of the times greatest champions in the off road racing world, he's a smart rider and very dangerous as an opponent.

I will do my best to represent all of my great sponsors in my endeavors this year. I am currently in the 20's as far as race events for this year, and I have many more to attend before the calendar year ends, so please, wish me luck with my racing future and I hope to bring home that TSCEC 40A championship when it's all over.

This Friday I leave out to Matador Texas for the 2 day Boondockers race, an 8 hour drive after work and then quickly turn around Sunday after 8 hours of brutal racing to drive that 8 hours back home in time to get a few hours of sleep before work calls on Monday at 8 am..

2d77uaq
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
GIXXERKELLY
Squid in training

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2003 Honda CR125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125

Leave the GO-Pro off so you ensure a 1st win
Old 11-02-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIXXERKELLY View Post
Leave the GO-Pro off so you ensure a 1st win
I used my gopro in every test until the battery gave out on me, I will post video this week but the short (for now, write will come later this week)

I was rolling good and felt fast, I had my row beat by more than 5 minutes on the first two test sections Saturday morning, half way through the 3 and final test section on Saturday, my chain snapped and left me stranded somewhere on a 7000 acre ranch, I was so bummed, turns out I was less than 2 miles from finishing the race when it happened, end result, dead last place in my class, I would have ended the day in 4th place based on my first two test sections but the last I was riding faster.

Sunday, I loaded up and hauled as soon as I turned in my score card, a 7.25 hour drive home after racing for 5.5 hours was going to be brutal.

Race started at 8, I crossed the finish line at 1:30.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
GIXXERKELLY
Squid in training

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 750
2003 Honda CR125
2015 Husqvarna TC 125

that had to suck knowing you were that close. What caused the chain to snap? Can't wait to see some video.

Advertisement