Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

MotoGP: Lorenzo Tops Day One At Sepang

15motogp sepang lorenzo?itokB 9f2FWX Catch him if you can... Jorge Lorenzo leads the field at Sepang. Photo Courtesy of MotoGP

The penultimate round of the 2015 MotoGP season got underway in Sepang, Malaysia and once again Movistar Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo got off to a fast start, holding off his compatriots on the Repsol Hondas – Dani Pedrosa and Marc Marquez.

“As in the last races we started in a very good form from the beginning with a great setting,” Lorenzo said. “I try many things, working a lot for the race. With old tire we are fast and also with new tire we were extremely fast with similar speed to the Hondas who always are strong here. I’m very satisfied.”

Although Pedrosa came up short by .047 of a second, he was fast all day and led the morning session, working off of the base that they had established during pre-season testing.

15motogp sepang pedrosa?itokfphaQZCn Dani Pedrosa was fast all day, falling just short of Lorenzo in the end. Photo Courtesy of MotoGP

“We were trying today the bike we used here in the test, more or less,” said Pedrosa. “Just reconfirming a bit because we changed some things during the year on the bike, also checking the track and the tires. But we have to get focused for tomorrow, I think the track is going to improve a little bit. So we have to keep going and maybe try to be faster.”

His teammate Marquez trailed Lorenzo by .226 of a second and was still looking for improvement in his setup.

“We are pushing a lot,” Marquez said. “We are trying to find the best set up and still we need to improve. So we will see how we can manage. But I think in some points, especially in the brake points that the bike is unstable, we can improve.”

15motogp sepang marquez?itokxmqhHWmX Marc Marquez was not far behind in the challenging hot, humid and hazy conditions at Sepang. Photo Courtesy of MotoGP

Ducati’s Andrea Iannone picked up where he left off at Phillip Island, in touch with the leaders and just .014 of a second behind Marquez in fourth.

As for Lorenzo’s rival and teammate Valentino Rossi, the nine-time World Champion looked unhappy with his setup in the closing moments of the session and rushed in to swap bikes. The Italian looked a bit frustrated, but was not far off Lorenzo, .699 of a second behind in fifth.

“The first day was not too bad,” Rossi said. “We started this morning a good pace and this afternoon we work well until the last exit because we use some hard tire for understand. But unfortunately we did not finish our work. Because when we put on the softer tire I had some problems, some chatter and I was not able to understand my potential. We will have to wait ‘til tomorrow morning and we will see our potential on medium tires.”

2015 MotoGP Sepang Day One Combined Results

1. Jorge Lorenzo (SPA) Movistar Yamaha 2:00.246

2. Dani Pedrosa (SPA) Repsol Honda 2:00.293

3. Marc Marquez (SPA) Repsol Honda 2:00.472

4. Andrea Iannone (ITA) Ducati 2:00.486

5. Valentino Rossi (ITA) Movistar Yamaha 2:00.915

6. Cal Crutchlow (GBR) LCR Honda 2:01.039

7. Aleix Espargaro (SPA) Team Ecstar Suzuki 2:01.058

8. Andrea Dovizioso (ITA) Ducati 2:01.127

9. Scott Redding (GBR) EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda 2:01.218

10. Danilo Petrucci (ITA) Octo Pramac Ducati 2:01.598

11. Hector Barbera (SPA) Avintia Ducati 2:01.616