MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Industry News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2015, 05:30 PM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

MotoGP: Rossi Lashes Out At Marquez

rossi marquez spat?itokkpAIPRql Is Marc Marquez (right) trying to get back at Valentino Rossi (left) by helping Jorge Lorenzo win? Photography By Gold & Goose

During the pre-race press conference for the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix at Sepang, Valentino Rossi unexpectedly went for the jugular of Marc Márquez, accusing him of conspiring against him in the championship. The accusations went even further when, with the cameras off, he stepped aside with the Italian press. Valentino was very, very harsh with Márquez. His words to the Italian media are recounted here:

"It is indeed true that Marc played with us, well, he played with me...it's pretty clear. In my opinion, it is important that he knows that I know. We’ll see what happens, but I'm pretty concerned. Because with Lorenzo it is already complicated, you also have to think about Marquez being deceptive. Marc in this case didn’t play fair; a professional rider should use fair play at this point. Everything becomes much more complicated, especially considering Marc can be very competitive, including in these two races.

"For me it was really disappointing, he upset me a lot. Honestly, there were a few races that I suspected something, but I didn’t expect him to choose so obviously to race that way. It was a bit of a disappointment…disappointment, deception and concern, because surely he will try to do well here and in Valencia. But the important thing is that he knows that I know.

"During the race it seemed something strange happened, but I didn’t understand it. Marquez had a much faster pace than the others, but was playing to try to let [Jorge] Lorenzo escape and have me fighting with [Andrea] Iannone. And after he waited for Iannone, [Dani] Pedrosa, [Cal] Crutchlow, [Maverick] Viñales ... he knew the Ducati would burn me on the straight.

"Every time he tried to pass me he was super aggressive, he braked so that I would lose distance to Jorge; he did it three times really aggressively. It was lucky that Jorge was not very fast on Sunday, otherwise the race would be over, but he was always under control because he knew well that he could catch Jorge in three laps at most, and he waited to put me and Iannone as far he could and tried to put the largest number of riders between Jorge and me. And in the end he did it, it was good. Quite disturbing…in my opinion this shouldn’t be done.

"He wants Lorenzo to win. First, because he is mad at me. The way I see it, it's personal. What happened in Argentina, and then at Assen...since then he has had it out for me. He thought, a bit like a child, ‘I won’t win, so you won’t either.’ For him the lesser evil is for Lorenzo to win.

"We'll see, we'll see what happens. If he’s faster than me, is always passing me, even though it isn’t necessary, if he holds me back...the issue is complicated. Because he has nothing to lose and I do; I must always be ready. It’s upsetting and makes me really angry. But this is how it is.

"This is something I could never imagine happening, that Marquez would make himself an obstacle to this championship. He is trying to put only Jorge in the game, which is not right.

"What happened at Laguna Seca (where Marquez passed Rossi in the Corkscrew in 2013) was a sign. He passed me at a point where I passed [Casey] Stoner five years earlier but he could have done it three corners later...I didn’t think that was the case. I was told that and did not believe it at the time...it’s better to always think the best.”

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement