MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 08:03 PM   #41
maskale

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

I rather crash my Honda at the track than ride a Harley.

made that up from

I rather push my Harley than ride a Honda.
maskale is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Harley zerobounds General Discussion (Moto Related) 65 11-06-2009 06:57 PM
Ok so my BP is up and I am hating everything... SexualChocolate Off Topic 36 02-03-2009 11:14 PM
In the spirit of hating winter......... Brian f. General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 12-22-2008 07:31 PM
Keep hating. Your Making Me Famous. New Video. Mr. Unassailable Stunters Lounge 47 04-19-2007 01:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2007, 08:04 PM   #42
Badzx14r
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:19 PM   #43
isoplus
should be working

Bike(s):
Honda Shadow VT750C2, Hyosung GV650

Ya'll can ride a cruiser like I do.
Best of both worlds.

I'd love to buy a HD V-rod for my next bike though...
Then again, there's V-Max, Warrior, M109r... oh my
isoplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #44
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):
Ducati 749, Harley V-Rod Black Beauty Custom

Actually, some Harley guys don't even think of the V-Rod as a real Harley either. But most will give me the thumbs up. The reason why Harley produced the V-Rod is to hit the younger market who wants a Harley but do not want a hog. Especially made for sport bikers in mind. Therefore, they went to Porche and they help them designed it. The V-Rod is the fastest cruiser bike in production.
After owning both kinds of bikes, here are my experiences and thoughts.

The more exoctic bikers such as Bigdogs, Choppers, V-Rod, Customs, etc. The riders are cool as . Very Friendly and ready to talk bike with you anytime. Doesn't matter if it's sport or cruisers. They understand a bikerís heart. They may not wave back all the time but if you talk to them in person, they are always nice.
The Big Tank Metric cruisers. There maybe several reasons why they don't want to associate with sport bikes even the exotic bikes.
IMHO, I think most, but not all of these types of bikers are at that age or at that level in life which they are inferior to the more outright in your face fast badass show off bikes. They just don't feel the groove so they don't understand it. Especially when there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRyRfqbSJg (I know..it's old) or this
Imagedeleted(The picture does not depict the type of riders Iím referring but you get the point) How would you feel, once young and vibrant, now blown away by all these sport bikes?? We sport bikes folks out there have to admit that whenever you see cruisers bike you usually passes them. Not intentionally but we do. Also, we must understand that because of MH, we have created a community that is more mature, but there are a lot of non-members who does not share our culture and follow the same kind of respect. They are usually the on the road and that give us a bad name. We have to look at both side of the coin. When I talk to them, I feel them, therefore I donít really get annoyed when they donít respond the same. I mean, can you imagine yourself being 55, fat, your had shribbled up and riding a sport bike? You just donít because it doesnít fit the image. I would be grumpy too. Generally, I think they are good people with good hearts and of course there are the bad apples. I would definitely give them some slack. If you give the peace sign and they donít response, do it anyway, just because you want to defend the goodness and image of our fellow sport bikers.

"What you do not wish upon yourself, extend not to others." ó Confucius (ca. 551 - 479 B.C.E.)

If anyone is offended I didnít mean to. These are just MHO. Peace

ResizedPicture002 1
KoolinDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #45
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolinDuc
Actually, some Harley guys don't even think of the V-Rod as a real Harley either. But most will give me the thumbs up. The reason why Harley produced the V-Rod is to hit the younger market who wants a Harley but do not want a hog. Especially made for sport bikers in mind. Therefore, they went to Porche and they help them designed it. The V-Rod is the fastest cruiser bike in production.
After owning both kinds of bikes, here are my experiences and thoughts.

The more exoctic bikers such as Bigdogs, Choppers, V-Rod, Customs, etc. The riders are cool as . Very Friendly and ready to talk bike with you anytime. Doesn't matter if it's sport or cruisers. They understand a bikerís heart. They may not wave back all the time but if you talk to them in person, they are always nice.
The Big Tank Metric cruisers. There maybe several reasons why they don't want to associate with sport bikes even the exotic bikes.
IMHO, I think most, but not all of these types of bikers are at that age or at that level in life which they are inferior to the more outright in your face fast badass show off bikes. They just don't feel the groove so they don't understand it. Especially when there's this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzRyRfqbSJg (I know..it's old) or this
Imagedeleted(The picture does not depict the type of riders Iím referring but you get the point) How would you feel, once young and vibrant, now blown away by all these sport bikes?? We sport bikes folks out there have to admit that whenever you see cruisers bike you usually passes them. Not intentionally but we do. Also, we must understand that because of MH, we have created a community that is more mature, but there are a lot of non-members who does not share our culture and follow the same kind of respect. They are usually the on the road and that give us a bad name. We have to look at both side of the coin. When I talk to them, I feel them, therefore I donít really get annoyed when they donít respond the same. I mean, can you imagine yourself being 55, fat, your had shribbled up and riding a sport bike? You just donít because it doesnít fit the image. I would be grumpy too. Generally, I think they are good people with good hearts and of course there are the bad apples. I would definitely give them some slack. If you give the peace sign and they donít response, do it anyway, just because you want to defend the goodness and image of our fellow sport bikers.

"What you do not wish upon yourself, extend not to others." ó Confucius (ca. 551 - 479 B.C.E.)

If anyone is offended I didnít mean to. These are just MHO. Peace

I can
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #46
dudewhrsmybike

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 The guy on the right has a wicked mullet.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #47
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
No, Ive heard it differently.

It's something like this,

"The most common place to find a Harley is broken down on the side of the road."
real knee slapper.
you do know that I know that you can do much better

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:36 PM   #48
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Imagedeleted
good stuff indeed he is rockin' a mean mullet too:laughing6

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM   #49
A303

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
Imagedeleted
good stuff indeed he is rockin' a mean mullet too:laughing6

Looks like a sketch of David from Awesome Cycles.:laughing6 :laughing6
July 25, 1977 - April 22, 2007
You will be missed.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:46 PM   #50
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskale
I have never heard a sport bike rider tell his buddies that rider of ______ brand of bike was trying to make it sound like his ______ brand by putting that exhaust on it.

heard a guy with his first new hearly straight up say that the guy leaving the ice house in angleton was trying to make his honda cruiser sound like a harley by putting an aftermarket exhaust on it.

I could not make up my mind about buying a Vrod or a Warrior, when ever I talked to a non harley guy they would say go with what you want. Everytime I talk to a harley guy, including my uncle they would not even hear me out, just cut me off and say buy a harley.

Bike001

Harley. More true to the culture ..well...particularly this. Fast as .

2007 vrscdx 1024

ResizedPicture002 1
Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #51
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):

Quote:
about your Vrod, how do you like the bars and ride position. I just can figure out what bars I want to put on mine, so many to chose from. I have my trackbike, so sportbike style riding is fine with me, but don't think I could do it on a cruiser, legs and arms are forward.

You tall?
Depends what you want to do with your bike. Cross country ride anytime soon? I lowered my bar, so after about 45 mins of rding, my lower back would start to ache.

I'm 5'11"

ResizedPicture002 1
Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM   #52
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

The Special is one pretty bike, I might have bought one, to the very end I was still undecided on what I wanted. I could not find a NightRod Special anywhere so I bought the warrior. A little part of me wishes I would have waited, but I am happy with what I got.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #53
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
Cant stand Harleys. IMO. Of all my riding days, i've yet to be waved at by a Harley rider.

Just stating the facts.
If you want, I'll meet up with you and I'll wave at you. If you stop, I'll even give you a bear hug. :laughing6
:icon_bigg

ResizedPicture002 1
Old 07-10-2007, 09:14 PM   #54
KoolinDuc

Bike(s):

Quote:
The Special is one pretty bike, I might have bought one, to the very end I was still undecided on what I wanted. I could not find a NightRod Special anywhere so I bought the warrior. A little part of me wishes I would have waited, but I am happy with what I got.
Sure you're happy. I wish you all the best and make your bike look like this Warrior. :glasses10

wallpaper1024 mcy 07 cal jul aug

ResizedPicture002 1
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #55
Badzx14r
Banned

Bike(s):
2many2list

User is banned

Badzx14r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #56
maskale

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight

The intakes are probably just for looks.

Those pipes are Morton Executioners, I had some, hella HOT, no heat shields and no baffles, just turn down headers pretty much. I burned holes in about 5 of my pants, then decided to change them. The tips drug to quick too.

warrior01deleted
Old 07-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #57
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I like Harleys, even owned a few way back when.
When I was 16 I even rode from N.O. to L.A. one summer on a Sportster.

Scoots right, MOST HD riders are pretty cool people.

Unfortunately, it's the loud mouthed, ignorant idiot few that give the rest a bad name. The ones that say thing like: Buy American!! When nothing in their house, from their TV to the clothes they're wearing is, Made in the USA.

I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but be real. We live in a global economy, where very little on a Harley is even made in the U.S.A. anymore.

Besides, to me, supporting the U.S.A. is done by things more substantial than buying an HD, like serving in the armed forces for example.

One parting response to the sister in a whorehouse saying:

Harley Davidson; Yesterdays technology, available today, at tomorrows prices!!:laughing6

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:24 PM   #58
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

I like motor bikes! ERR!
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 07:15 AM   #59
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
One parting response to the sister in a whorehouse saying:

Harley Davidson; Yesterdays technology, available today, at tomorrows prices!!:laughing6
:laughing6 serious, look at the money I put into mine and its just now as fast as a generic 600-750 sportbike, but still handles like a harley ( <~~not really, but it did cost me money to make it right)
buuuuuuut, that being said, I love my bike, I dig its looks and its ride since I have redone the suspension goodies, I love the power it makes since I redid the motor but, I love it being different most of all.

We have a young guy in our club, instead of buying a new metric, he went and bought a 68 Triumph, beautiful bike and its got character, and its somewhat different. Thats something I would have done at his age too

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement