MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #21
ticao

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
04 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 600 (sold)
11 Yamaha FZ8 (sold)
2015 Duc Streetfighter 848

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
First of all, congratulations on a great bike! I bought a used '13 a year ago, and it puts a smile on my face every time I ride it.

It definitely doesn't like small throttle openings at low revs - inconsistent response & stumbling, especially when cold. Some people have gone to a lot of time & expense remapping their way around that; I just adapt my riding style around it. As far as feeling rough/vibration, it's an L-twin. It's a big part of why I bought the bike in the first place: I was tired of the turbine-like I-4 Japanese experience, wanted rumble without the Harley baggage.

The L-twin will smooth out and hum right along happily at 4,500-5,000. That's where I tend to cruise. I have a 1250 Bandit that can be lugged as low as 2,500 without complaint, but even w. that I stay at 3k+. Just need to remap your thinking about what rpm works for this bike vs. your past experiences w. different engines.

Enjoy the new bike!
Thanks man, its must be rough to be ducati lol. I will Keep the bike as it is and not remapping it anytime soon
ticao is offline   Reply With Quote