Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-20-2015, 11:00 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
AGV K5: Overview
AGV is one of Europe's most respected motorcycle protection brands, and for good reason. Providing legendary protection to riders for years and constantly upping the ante with high-style aggressive helmets like this one and the AGV AX-8 Evo Naked, which we had the pleasure of reviewing earlier this year.
They pulled out all of the stops and implemented all of the newest technology with this helmet, which hits the market with a mid-range price of $349.95 for the solid colors and $399.95 for the graphics. The helmet fit very comfortably without any pressure points, is lightweight and quiet at speed. The K5 carries itself like a much more expensive helmet and the Share system follows in suit.
The Share Connective System fit into the K5 in a matter of minutes, as they were designed to work together. There are two small pads in the front of the helmet that pop out to fit the battery and the microphone/ brains of the operation. After snapping the lining of the helmet back in and pairing my phone up (effortlessly, I might add) I was on the freeway listening to my music loud and clear in this stylish and aggressive new AGV helmet.
* External shell is constructed of CAF (Carbon-Fiberglass) and is manufactured in 2 sizes
* EPS inner lining available in 4 sizes with 4 different densities
* Shell and EPS dimensions are optimized using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis)
* Ventilation system: IVS consisting of one chin guard vent, 2 front air vents and an air extractor with rear on/off switch, developed in the wind tunnel for optimum air flow and stability
* Central front air vent built into the shell profile with direct high air flow channel
* Rear spoiler integrated into the shell profile
* Removable and washable liner and cheek pads made of sanitized 3D Dry-Comfort material
* Includes removable breath deflector and chin curtain
* Face shield is scratch-resistant and anti-fog polycarbonate with 100% UV protection and is offered in 2 sizes dependent on helmet size
* GT 2-1 (for helmet sizes XS, SM and MS and GT 2 for sizes ML, LG, XL and 2XL
* Visor micro-opening system
* XQRS (Extra Quick Release System) visor mechanism for quick removal of the visor
* Tooless removable and replaceable integrated scratch-resistant sun visor (ISV)
* Double D retention system
* DOT and ECE 22.05 certified
Click the link for more information on AGV and the K5 helmet
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|OVERVIEW of Motorcycle Injuries||darktoy02||General Discussion (Moto Related)||2||08-05-2010 03:05 PM|
|A brief overview of traffic citations||wackjum||Fresnel Phan Attorney At Law||13||12-07-2009 10:15 AM|
|Texas Mini Grand Prix (TMGP) Overview For Noobs||Mr.P||Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing||69||12-27-2007 08:06 PM|