MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #1
Boxerboy2

Feedback Rating: (0)

What a Great weekend - Here is what really happened at MSRH post 1

What a great weekend!

It was a long weekend and some may think that it was not such a good one overall for me but it really was for many reasons and I want everyone to be able to recognize all of the positives if they were to have a similar experience.

Saturday was a beautiful day, not to hot, with clear blue skies, how LUCKY I am to be able to spend the day riding my bike on such a wonderful day with my friends. I was putting down 2:02 & 2:03 laps, and while not RN.... fast – these are pretty awesome for me. I was pumped that I could get to that level and was very confident that if there was less traffic I could knock another few seconds off to get to into sub 2:00 times. I guess if I was a little bit braver in passing I would not have to make that excuse. LUCKY for me there is a “next time” in the future.

Now let’s get to the obvious…

Sunday arrived, another glorious picture perfect day, how LUCKY am I to be able to do this AGAIN on another wonderful day. I handed over my beloved track bike to its other, more watchful owner - RM, for the day. Luckily for me I have more than one bike to ride (note to all – you need options in life) so it was back to my trusty 899 for the day. After the first session RN saw a bit of smoke coming from the pipes, and that’s never a good sign, so along with my pit crew – RN and RM - we checked it out and it appeared to have developed oil leak at the valve cover, LUCKY for me that RN was attentive as he is and spotted the issue before it became a real problem for me and possibly for others if it were to let go out on the track. I probably had just forgot that the 899 does not live well at 14,000 RPM’s like the its adopted track bike sister does and just had it a bit stressed out so early in the morning so it started to cry they only way it knew how. I think it believes that it does not hold the same position in my life as it once did (you know, another woman in the garage kind of thing – but the Panigale is Italian so why doesn’t she get it? Is it worth all of this drama and getting upset all over a much older and not very pretty Japanese machine – what is this all about?). LUCKY for me the Panigale is still under warranty and the valve cover work will be taken care of courtesy of Ducati. The Panigale began life at R’s shop so they are happy to have it dropped off sometime this week for a family visit and to make it better again. They also have agreed to hold it until I’m ready to get back on it, hopefully in a few weeks from now, AND ITS ALREADY ON THE TRAILER…HOW LUCKY AM I!

So with the Babigale down for the day my best track bike co-owner buddy RM said let’s just hot pit the bike which was a very generous gift given that this was his only day to ride what is widely known as a really quick, finely tuned, hand crafted Japanese machine. With that idea in mind I went to the leader of Ridesmart’s GRP 1, Randy Joy, and said my GRP 2 bike was down and would it be OK to join GRP 1. Of course Randy was excited to have me join in the GRP 1 festivities and I was very LUCKY again that Ridesmart and Randy Joy were able to accommodate my situation and allow me to join GRP 1 so I could hot pit with RM on the track machine. Neither Ridesmart, Randy, or RM needed to do what they did for me but LUCKY for me they all did and I really appreciate how their willingness to accommodate the out of the ordinary event and help me enjoy the rest of the day. This also was LUCKY for me because GB and I could now ride together for the rest of the day in GRP 1. Thank you Randy, RN, and all the GRP 1 riders (at least I think I did not slow any of them down!), GB and I had a blast riding together. Man-o-Man can he make that R move down the road!

Now let’s get to where I get really LUCKY and possibly the more interesting part of the day…

It’s the end of a beautiful day; I’m finished early and glad to have been so LUCKY that my complete weekend has been as wonderful as it has. RN is spent too and has called it quits as well. We are sitting around talking about dinner plans at Kings Beer Garden and how soon it would be until we had a cold glass of German beer in our grimy hands. “Well if we get the bikes loaded up now we can get there sooner” says RN (he thinks he is always the smartest guy in the room – it’s the “I helped put a man on the moon” thing – but I still don’t get it) so we are off to get the trucks and trailers brought around. My trailer is all set; I hop on the Babigale with my trusty flip flops, shorts and t-shirt on and roll up the trailer. I should not ride in shorts (stupid), was probably going a tad too fast (stupid), I could (and should) have pushed it up by hand, I could (and should) have chosen the right side of the trailer instead of the left, I could (and should) have asked C for help since he was standing on the trailer but unfortunately I made the decision to go the speed I did, rode it instead of pushed it, picked left instead of right, and did not ask C for help. Apparently as I got to the top of the trailer the front wheel hit the left side guide rail of the wheel chock which made me unbalanced…which made me put my left foot down. There is no trailer for your foot to go down to on the left, just the ground which is now 15 inches below my foot.

I tumbled to the left, held my head up so as not to bang it on the pavement, while trying to hold the 899 from coming down on me too hard. Simultaneously my right hand is on the throttle and its wide open which was really me just trying to say I could not find the horn button in order to signal everyone that I needed help and quickly! LUCKY for me C was right there and I assume he was first “on scene” (some EMT talk I picked up) and got the screaming beast off of me and shut down (I am convinced that it’s that Italian woman thing popping up again A and F your both from the mother land can you PLEASE shed some insight here for us washed souls?). It is apparent now that as the bike is coming down on me the left foot peg pierced my left thigh about midway from the jewelry safe and my knee and while the throttle was still full bore the rear tire found some traction somewhere on the trailer and the bike moved forward about 10 inches …with the peg still embedded in my thigh creating a 10 inch long gash (wound in hospital talk) running from the middle of my thigh to near the back of the knee.

Houston we now have a problem.

LUCKY for me C was right there; many of my riding BFF’s were no more than 20 feet away and immediately on top of me telling me how stupid I am to have dropped my bike loading it on the trailer in front of all these people and why I shamed them into being associated with me. Reality was that my thigh was bleeding profusely; I was very worried about the one important thing in that area -the Femoral Artery. I quickly applied pressure, raised my leg as high as I could and asked for a belt, a towel and someone to hold my leg as high as possible. Hypermotard J (American’s newest citizen) quickly stripped off his belt (he did it so swiftly and in one precise movement I quickly knew he had practice whipping his clothes off but hopefully under a different context) and had a tourniquet applied while holding my leg high above my heart in order to minimize blood loss. Someone handed me a towel (thank you someone) so I could now keep most of the wound compressed and stem the blood flow to a minimum. I am LUCKY to have J as a friend that was able to stomach the sight of blood and some body innards (it’s really only fatty tissue and muscle in that area of your body) oozing between my fingers and not passing out or turning away to puke. Thank you J!

GB, our Cajun Olympian sprinted the 300 yards in full leathers to the meat wagon to ask them to come to my aid. Says he has never covered as much ground so quickly. I am LUCKY to have a friend like GB who was able to get to the paramedics as quickly as he did and get them to my location as soon as they could. After all they are used to responding to something on the track… I can only imagine the conversation going something like:

“MSRH Medial team - what turn is your emergency in?”

“it’s in the paddock”

“we don’t have a turn called the paddock, we don’t know where that is”

“No, no, no. Its my really stupid friend that just dropped his bike off the trailer that needs help”

“Oh you mean over there, we are on it. By the way has anyone tell you that you are sweating profusely and that you really should learn how to keep your body temperature down in this heat and humidity? You’re going to have a heart attack if you keep on doing this to yourself. Now get out of our way, we have someone who really needs our help. This is Adam 12 responding to the idiot in the paddock”

And off they went to the scene of my emergency. As the truck pulled up two beautiful angels wearing blue EMT uniforms appeared, along with Scott who does triple duty of being the local fire chief, works at the track (first job on the list for Monday was cleaning up blood) , and does EMS duty on the side. Angel #1 & #2 are both asking a million questions – very calmly – “what had happened” and “how can we help you”. I am sorry I do not remember their names but I was LUCKY to have their help when I needed it. Angel #1 quickly wanted to get a compression bandage on the wound and had gauze pads and wrap at the ready for me to release the pressure I was using on the towel. Well I released the hounds… and while a lot of “stuff” came out but it did not blow copious amounts of blood so I should have known that it would probably be ok and that my femoral artery was at least not severed.
Boxerboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Great day with RideSmart at MSRH j_e_hurst Ridesmart Motorcycle School 48 07-19-2013 01:13 PM
Great Weekend Weather Ride TheVirus Events, Meets and Rides 10 09-30-2011 07:01 PM
MSRH last weekend, & GSS the weekend before RojerLockless Taking it to the Track 8 08-06-2010 08:54 PM
Dang, what a great weekend! tomLSTD Taking it to the Track 69 05-13-2008 11:56 PM
Have a great weekend everyone txferrari Off Topic 0 05-27-2007 12:10 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
Boxerboy2

Post #2

Angel #1 was not so sure and apologized profusely when she leaned over and said in the sweetest of voices “you’re not going to like me after I tell you what I have to say…we are calling this a T1 and you will be taking a helicopter ride to Herman Memorial Trauma Unit in Houston so you can get the care you need as quickly as possible” I said “are you sure” and she said “yes honey, you need to get there ASAP and Scott can’t drive that fast, besides he does not like Houston traffic”. “OK” was my response. In my mind I was really saying that its only money and I do have health insurance so my deductible is probably going to be the like to cost of a new bike that I would love to have but won’t be doing anytime soon (more on that thought later).

Scott, A#1, and A#2 drove me the 300 yards to the main drive into the facility where we met one of Scott’s other Firehouse brothers who had made a makeshift helipad. Unfortunately this held up a number of folks trying to get in and out of the facility and I apologize for the inconvenience that I caused for these people. Most importantly TV’s lovely wife (one of my biggest supporters) was one of those folks and TVshared with me that she was saying a small prayer for whomever it was that need to fly to Houston and that she was hoping that it was not someone that she knew (like maybe her husband?). I was LUCKY to have that last minute thought to get me safely to Houston.

In the Air Ambulance I had two great (if not the best looking) male flight nurses who made the 20 minute flight as comfortable as possible. I think that they enjoyed the fact that I was coherent and able to communicate with them which I gather is not the normal passenger that they get to have on board. I was a model passenger until I asked for a scotch and what was the movie going to be. What I really wanted to know was why I was not upgraded to the front of the aircraft! I did get close to the scotch but they had trouble getting the IV into my left hand while in flight. Very LUCKY to have these two guys taking care of me and making sure that my wound was under control using pressure alone. I am very LUCKY that Igor Sikorsky invented the helicopter.

Probably the scariest part of the whole ordeal (up to that point) was landing at Herman Memorial. I fly a lot for work, still hold a pilot’s license even though I lost my medial certificate and now can’t fly as PIC, and have been in a lot of very tight places in helicopters while flying in the mountains. I can tell you that landing on the roof of the hospital, which these highly skilled pilots do many times every day, was more scary than landing on an outcropping of rock 50 miles from the nearest person and probably only visited by that days pilot a few times each year. On the roof there were antennas, wires, the side of the building and the wind was gusting around buildings that made it seem a lot less predictable than flying in the mountains. I was LUCKY to have had two really good pilots to get me there safely.

Next was into the elevator and down to the ground floor to Trauma 1 where Houston sends its most urgent medical cases. LUCKY for me (again, how many times is this?) the place was not too busy so I had a Nurse, Orthopedic Surgeon, and Medical Surgeon looking at me almost immediately. They had good news and bad. Good news was that I was not a T1 case and probably a T3, maybe T2. The bad news was that I was now in their T1 system since all Life Flights come into T1 and that I would be getting excellent care but might have to wait for someone who needed their attention first – like the guy who just came in all shot up in a gun fight.

You can wait over here in this treatment area until we can take more time looking at you. I had a roommate that was an interesting case, she was 90, looked like 190 and had just fallen and had broken her hip. She was in terrible pain and was not able to tolerate the movement needed to take the x-rays and examination. She was miserable and the Doctors told her that the only way they could help her was through surgery and that they were worried that she could not tolerate surgery with her heart only operating at 50% of its capacity. Basically they were saying that they were willing to try to help her but she had a very high probability of not making it off the operating table. Her “partner” was there and she was a wonderful old bat, probably 80 years young with 8 great grandchildren to her name. I spent a lot of time talking to her as she was obviously upset while having to face the facts of life and convince her friend that it was best to try and fail than to not try at all. I don’t think she was able to convince her and I don’t know what happened after I left.

The Orthopedic (originally called bone doctors) guys had only me and my 90 year old friend to work on, so they spent a lot of time in my area and since I was talkative they spent time hanging out with me. They exhibited great pride on telling me the detailed procedure on how they were about to inject into my knee 150 cc’s of fluid (that’s about 5 ounces) in order to make sure that my Bursae sack that surround the knee were not nicked. They were very confident that there was not a problem however my surgeon insisted that it needed to be done. and I tried to reason with the Surgeon (who was an ex-Navy guy who just came back from Afghanistan) not to do it (thinking of the too many times I have had a cortisone injection) but he responded that I would have to put up with 15 minutes of “discomfort” (right it isn’t your joint!) in order to ensure that I would not have an infected knee in a few months and that if in fact the Bursae was impacted they would be doing a totally different procedure tomorrow and not “just sewing things up real pretty like”. I shared with the Ortho team my concerns and they gave me a mild sedative (LUCKY ME!) while Lee, a 350 pound sumo wrestler like of guy forcibly held my leg in position while the lead Ortho guy and his really good looking and very nice sidekick med student injected the joint with fluid. It was not so bad – I was very proud of my pain tolerance and that I did not go through the roof. I was LUCKY I had an excellent team that knew what they were doing and took me at my word about my concerns. Oh did I tell you that afterward they had to suck it all out?

Next the Navy Surgeon came back with his lead surgeon and said that it would be better for them to be able to clean the wound, suture muscle tissue below the skin, and to make it real pretty if they were to just move me up to the Operating Room and do a full blown surgery. “How do you tolerate general Anesthesia Mr. M? Actually my Hospital code name was something like Mike2424 – you’d have to ask RM what it was since that was the only way he and M could come to see me (he should marry that woman – she is so nice and she puts up with him – oh they are! Good thing). It’s a Life Flight thing since most of their patients can’t tell them who they are when they get picked up so they give all Life Flight “customers” code names. Oh and by the way we will have to Intubate and ventilate you during surgery. How well do you think you will tolerate a tube being shoved down your throat? You will probably have some soreness for a few days after, just so you know.”

By the way my throat hurts so bad right now I can barely talk!

So what the I have had a great weekend with my friends, been on my bike(s) for two days, a helicopter ride, and now let’s finish it off with a little general anesthesia and hour long surgery, let’s go!

Well not so quick says the Navy Surgeon we have to wait until 12 hours after your last meal and since you had one of Dave’s track burgers at noon we can’t do anything before midnight and besides I have a guy waiting right outside your room here (and he pulls the screen back) with a gunshot to the head and he needs your spot right now so we are sending you to “observation” and they have TV there, you will really like it. Great – I can watch the end of the Patriots spanking the out of those whiney - cry baby – Indianapolis Colts. I say good bye to my roomie and her spouse and wish them the best of luck in truly a life or death decision. I said a quick prayer for them as I was wheeled up to Observation and made a mental not of how LUCKY I was to not be her shoes.

I get up there and there is absolutely NO body in Observation except two of the best nurses in the Hospital (actually almost all of them are the Best Nurses in the Hospitals). They had about 30 beds with only 5 people to “observe” but they promised me that it would be full by the morning. Since they had nothing to do (unlike the staff in T1) they gave me their full attention up to and after the “event”. I had a great pre-surgical sponge bath with this stuff that was really sticky and smelled like but it was better than wearing my Cologne du Track to such an important social engagement. You just KNOW that the nurses in the Operating Room are the hottest in the Hospital and I wanted to put my best foot forward since I was most likely going to be in a very compromising position… Finally at 1 am Monday morning my number came up and a guy named Sterling came to fetch me up to the O.R. and he was a very nice guy who was very assuring even though I was not worried at all. This is a simple cut and sew job and all will be well. I was very LUCKY that it was going to be a simple procedure and the outcome was a preordained positive outcome.
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #3
Boxerboy2

I get to the O.R. and there they are – the O.R. Goddesses, 5 of them! Two were Anesthesia doctors and wanted to know everything they could before they knocked me out cold. The other three were actual O.R. nurses that were going to assist the Navy Surgeon. They discussed what position that would be best and they decided to put me in “the Butterfly” Now I don’t have a clue as to what this is but it sounds like it would either be fun or painful, maybe both. After that I said goodbye gave each of them my telephone number and that was the last I saw of them or anything else in the O.R.

I woke up in recovery at 4 am, felt pretty good and was sent back to Observation so they could make room for another gunshot guy (could this be the same dude?). My trip back to Observation was greeted by my two new friends with a Turkey sandwich and a pitcher of cold water…best sandwich I have ever had and have I told you how good the Houston city water is? After my early morning dinner it was back to lala land and another 3 & ½ hours of an induced power nap.

7:30 rolls around and I am up and ready to roll, I feel like a million bucks, my leg does not hurt, I feel more rested that I have since I had my first child 18 years ago. I deliver the Golden Elixir of life - the stuff that lets you actually leave the confines of the hospital… “you can’t leave until you can prove to us that you can pee”. I get myself dressed; my bags packed and ask the new head nurse (Cruellia deVille) to discharge me. She shares with me that the doctors will be doing rounds in the next hour or so and that I can most likely get the discharge then. Great – planning to be in the office by noon. I have a lot of stuff to do at work. Well all great plans – especially ones to get out of the hospital – go sideways and this is not any different. RM is calling me as to when to come to get me and I keep telling him soon…but not too soon. TV gives me a call on the hospital phone, and the operator calls me and wants to know if I’d take the call from some very important sounding person, she did not know who it was but she said she thought she recognized the voice from Television! Wow someone calling me that is important is out of the ordinary and always welcome. TV is an important person (we all are) and we had a great visit for nearly 45 minutes. Since we both trend toward the higher calling, he way more than I, we seem to discuss those subjects more often than say RN and I talking about the hop and yeast content in his favorite beer (Fosters) or RM and I talking about bikes and tires (too many favs to list here). We had a great conversation and agreed that we were the LUCKY ones because we had friends that would do just about anything for us. All in all it was a very uplifting spiritual conversation and I am LUCKY that we had the time to catch up.

Cruellia makes a few more calls and keeps getting the run around from the Doc’s saying that we are busy people and will be there as soon as we can. Soon. Well when is soon? It’s not even as definitive as manana.

At about noon the hospital patient advocate stopped by and asked if there was anything that she could do for me. “No thank you” usually would have been my answer, not wanting to bother her but this time… “yes you can help me get released” came roaring out of my mouth . “When did they say they were releasing you?” she asked and I said that since 7:30 it was “soon” and that “soon” had come and gone, and that I wanted a definitive time. So she called the Surgical office for me and said that they would be there at 3 which was fine, I asked her what she was doing at 3:30 and she said she did not have anything specific planned so I said how about coming back here and see that I have left the building. She said that would be great… hopefully I will not see you here and I agreed.

Meanwhile GB calls about then and says he has the perfect German 2 seat getaway car and it is ready to roll on a moment’s notice – Kato style. I told him to have it warmed up, full of fuel, and ready to roll because I was leaving at 5 – discharge or not.

3 comes and goes. And then LUCKILY J stops by unexpectedly and we had a great visit. I said to him how about a ride home to which he said my wish was his command. He also shared with me that he had in his car the absolute coolest set of custom Ducati Corse crutches which he was going to let me use until I felt comfortable enough to get around a bit better. Man that is better than sharing a guy’s bike (or hunting dog) with his best buddy; you just don’t let just anybody ride your ride or hunt your dog. But J is a stand-up guy and he does what he does for people he likes. I am very LUCKY that MR. M is high on his BFF list!

3:30 arrives and so does my new fiend from the Patient Advocate office – “what are you doing here” she asks and I said “waiting for you to come walk me out because I am ready to leave right now”. My ride is here (J) and we are leaving. She asks me to give her a minute I’ll have someone here immediately so I give her the opportunity to do the right thing and just like magic a Doc from the surgery dept. shows up, just minus the blood he spattered on his smock from the last operation (think of old M.A.S.H. episodes) and stated that he was there to set me free.

He was not the guy who did the work, they wanted to have the Navy Surgeon come down for a visit but I guess he was the hot gunshot guy and a lot of people have been getting shot lately so he apologized and wished me well. Navy gave the new guy his notes and basically they said everything went well and all was good. Let me get you out of here Mike 2424. Actually I was LUCKY that it took so long to get out because I would not have rested my leg for the day like I was able to do in the Hospital.

Meanwhile RM calls and wants to know why he was not tasked to take me home – he was kinda disappointed that he was not “the guy” but I calmed him down sharing that J was there and that it was not some kind of conspiracy to move him down the important people list.

He shares a funny observation with me – you arrived by air and you depart by Toyota – what gives? Actually I arrived by an AgustaWestland AW119Kx “Koala” helicopter. The Koala reaches speeds of 175 miles per hour and comes equipped with a state-of-the-art Garmin G-1000H cockpit, night vision goggle capability, satellite weather, synthetic vision, and the capacity to transport two patients with unencumbered full-body access. I actually departed via a 2015 4 door Toyota Corolla – Black on Black, the Corolla will reach speeds of maybe 125 to 130 MPH with a tail wind and is equipped with AM/FM, cloth seats and Navigation. It seats 4 comfortably maybe 5 in a pinch. I think it had an automatic transmission too (NOTE - both the Koala and the Corolla had professional drivers at the controls to which I am very grateful for a safe passage).

J goes down to get the getaway car and whisked me home where he had parked my Jeep and explained how he and Mr. RM had unpacked everything and put stuff where they thought it would fit best in my garage. How LUCKY I am to not to have to do that after a long weekend – luxury!

All in all I am a very LUCKY guy. My thigh is good, I was LUCKY to not have damaged anything important such as the many tendons, muscle tissue, one of the Bursae sacks surrounding the knee, and most important my femoral artery (which is why I rode to the Hospital via a first class seat in Life Flight (I wonder if I get mileage points for that one?).

And now the really good part – there is nearly no damage to the Babigale, two panels are damaged and probably will not even meet my deductible and the BEST part is that I have a very high level of Medical Coverage on my bike that will kick in where my health insurance does not, so maybe there is a new bike out there for me!

I am truly LUCKY and I am glad that I have LUCKY friends to share it with. A big thank you to everyone that helped out the past few days as well as in the days ahead. I hope I can reciprocate in some small way under very different circumstances. I expect to be back on the bike within a month, maybe not trying to drag that left knee but at least out on the circuit.

A blessed man
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 08:49 PM   #4
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Cliff notes?
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #5
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

I stopped after bike fell on him.

Cliffs:
dude or gal loaded bike by riding it on the trailer.
front tire was cockeyed and hit side rail.
dude or gal fell over with bike on top of him/her
throttle was still gunned while bike on top and ripped a long gash in his/her thigh
blood blood everywhere.
life flight to Memorial Hermann.

Too much to read for my short break.
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 09:07 PM   #6
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Sounds like some cool stuff. May have to come back and read it later. Thanks for the run down.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Oh I'm gonna have to read this, I was there
Old 10-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #8
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Holy , I'm going to have to meet up with you next track day. I hope this does not offend, but it sounds like there probably was not a better guy out there to drop his bike on himself and unzip 10" of his leg. Happy to hear that you are doing so well, it sounds like you have a stellar support group, but if you should happen to need anything else, definitely let us know!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #9
jakeg

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Just read it all. Sounds like you had one of a weekend!
jakeg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #10
DLite
David

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

I think he left out the part about taking a and how thin the toilet paper was.
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:03 AM   #11
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

It can easily be argued that Da Vinci invented the helicopter and Sikorsky designed the first to make production
Old 10-21-2015, 08:11 AM   #12
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
It can easily be argued that Da Vinci invented the helicopter and Sikorsky designed the first to make production
And this is how you know he read the whole thing.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-21-2015, 08:27 AM   #13
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

nice write up dude, glad you are ok and in good spirits
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 AM   #14
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

What , no pics?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #15
bradk83

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2014 cbr 600rr
2005 cbr 600rr
2002 Yamaha R6
2000 Suzuki 600 SRAD

Pics or it didn't happen!
Old 10-21-2015, 09:26 AM   #16
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
and I thought I had a rough weekend! Heal up man!
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #17
little6

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
k6 600 gixxer (now a Theif owns it)
2011 gsxr 600
1976 cb360
250 track bike

Here you guys go. I took one for y'all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	89151  
little6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #18
Classax
Objective Observer

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2014 1190RX

2013 Ninja 300
2012 636 (sold)
2012 Diavel (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradk83 View Post
Pics or it didn't happen!
Having been there to see it, I'm pretty sure you DON'T want to see the pictures.

Great write up buddy heal up quick! Blair got some great photos of us in the key hole together! If you ever decided to do a book, I'll pick up a copy or four.
Classax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:48 AM   #19
proasian3

Glad you're ok. Freak accident that could've happened to anyone. Be safe, heal up and see you at the next one!
proasian3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:50 PM   #20
Tiller

Bike(s):
00 TL1000R
03 RC51
81 GS1100E
05 RM125
11 Ninja 250R

I don't get why the need for lifeflight from MSRH. I realize that in some situations it would the correct way to go, say a spinal cord injury. MSRH is 33 miles to MH. A Amberlamps should be able make it in under 30 mins. By the time they make the call for LF and they make the flight down, load, then the flight back has got to be much longer than the drive. If I ever need to go, and I can argue the point they're going to drive me.
Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement