MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 12:36 AM   #1
GSXRfever
The 600

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 Gsxr 600

Post 06 GSXR 600 Sputters @ 8k RPM ??

Okay so I recently a few weeks ago had took the motor out of my 2006 GSXR 600 and replaced the transmission and the bottom end. It is now all put back together in the bike everything complete. I am now having sputtering problems with the bike going over 8k RPM, it sputters then picks back up and does that in all gears. but if you full throttle and shift 1st - 2nd it doesn't seem to sputter but that's only when full throttling. The bike had sat in the garage for almost 2 months with 3/4th tank of gas before it was worked on.

I was having trouble putting the Servo Motor Cables( the exhaust control valve cables) on but finally got them in and set correctly, it was throwing me the F1 code but i fixed it by correctly setting the cables.

When I first bought the bike, i had a slight sputtering problem but way higher in the RPM's and i had cleaned the fuel pump and all the gunk that had came off of it and then it was all fixed.

I have the following
Power Commander 5
Full Two Brothers Black/Carbon Fiber Short Tip Exhaust

I have NOT done the following
Checked Fuel Pump
Checked Spark Plugs

I HAVE checked the following
Fuel Line is clipped on with green pressing clips but you can still freely pull it off, as in if you pull on the fuel line you can just slip it off because its not locked.
All Fluids and Oils are fresh

I haven't had too much time to work on the bike or ride it, I've been busy with school but finally getting some time to see if i can fix this sputter. but i wanted to see if anything could be done before I needed to take it to a shop and pay for it to get re-tuned, currently on a tight budget lol. Let me know thanks guys!

Last edited by GSXRfever; 10-20-2015 at 12:41 AM.
GSXRfever is offline   Reply With Quote