MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 10:10 AM   #41
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Everyone has done XXXmph on a US road at one point in their life. Drivers in Houston are inattentive and don't see anything else except 5 feet in front of their vehicle or the latest traffic accident because they need to absorb every last detail about it so that they can discuss it with everyone.

Even 65mph is enough to scare grandpa and grandma out for their daily sunday cruise (no not a typo they are sunday cruising while going 50 in the 65 zone with their left blinker permanantly on in the fast lane). The noise at 70 on a piped Harley or Sportbike is enough to scare drivers who are at 65 especially considering they are on their not paying attention.

Just this week I saw 2 people reading novels while driving, one reading a magazine, numerous drivers applying makup, guys too busy picking their nose to realize they are drifting into the next lane, one race, pop trunk cruising on the freeway, numerous drunk drivers on saturday night, etc.

I have had to swerve in my M cause some lady in her CRV on the cell phone decided to enter from the onramp and go directly to the fast lane. I used the shoulder to pass her, if I didn't I would have smacked right into her. Funny thing is she dropped her phone when I passed her. One of my many stories...I am sure you guys have much worse ones.

I don't care if you blow by me. I'm not going to police the road. That's why I pay taxes.

mybanner4a260100b5617

Last edited by SexualChocolate; 07-18-2007 at 10:20 AM.
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
idiot in truck kills biker on katy fwy feeder craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 39 11-02-2010 10:50 AM
speedtrap. I10 west Da9tegra General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 01-16-2009 07:20 PM
west/katy tonite? switch Events, Meets and Rides 9 10-10-2008 04:39 PM
I10 Katy 2 down gem General Discussion (Moto Related) 42 07-28-2008 01:26 PM
To the idiot couple riding HD roadking on I-10 west last night! isoplus General Discussion (Moto Related) 33 09-22-2007 06:09 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2007, 10:16 AM   #42
txferrari
Banned

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

User is banned

txferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #43
Lunchbox6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLunsford21
ya know that's whats bad about this forum. I can totally understand people getting off by other people. It'll always happen. I'll be the first to tell you that I probally have one of the worse cases of road rage, but to sit back and say "oh i hope he wrecks", "i wish he would have went down" , "you'll be a statistic on day" wtf is wrong with you people. No, not everyone is a speed demon, but we've all done something stupid before. Alot of people consider me an and thats fine by me, but i'd never wish someone to get hurt or die while on a bike. Grow the fk up people.

There's my rant of the day, be safe.

But is it ok to wish death on them when they get off their bike?
Old 07-18-2007, 10:31 AM   #44
Ulric
Dirty Old

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

"But is it ok to wish death on them when they get off their bike?"

<shrug> free country... honeslty I'd rather they get a wake up call, or take themselves out before they cause someone else to get injured, killed or take someone out with 'em.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #45
level5
moving chicane

If you are going slow or slower than the VEHICLE BEHIND YOU, please move to the right, EVEN IF THAT VEHICLE IS GOING 200MPH. Everyone has a right to do drive as fast as they want on the road. Just because you don't doesn't mean others can't. If you want to stop this type of driving, please have a uniform and a badge. Road rage is a when the person is bleeding on the ground is you.:dontknow:
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #46
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
If you are going slow or slower than the VEHICLE BEHIND YOU, please move to the right, EVEN IF THAT VEHICLE IS GOING 200MPH. Everyone has a right to do drive as fast as they want on the road. Just because you don't doesn't mean others can't. If you want to stop this type of driving, please have a uniform and a badge. Road rage is a when the person is bleeding on the ground is you.:dontknow:

It does depend on the situation. Blow buys do scare the shiz out of people. It common curtiscy to move over if someone is commin up on you......unless he is being an azz about it IMO. People r people and no drive think alike....some of these drivers don't even have a licence or a green card haha, so do you think they took drivers Ed. ??? Like i stated in my first post in this thread. My little stunt was 4 years ago and if it was today I wouldn't dare do it again.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:19 AM   #47
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
It does depend on the situation. Blow buys do scare the shiz out of people. It common curtiscy to move over if someone is commin up on you......unless he is being an azz about it IMO. People r people and no drive think alike....some of these drivers don't even have a licence or a green card haha, so do you think they took drivers Ed. ??? Like i stated in my first post in this thread. My little stunt was 4 years ago and if it was today I wouldn't dare do it again.
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:28 AM   #48
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
BS, when you endanger other people w/ YOUR rights you know loose your rights. like i said i'm all for keeping the left lane clear but when you enter the realm of endangering others, you loose those rights.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #49
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #50
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

or at 130+ mph, by the time a person see's the biker, and moves over guess where the bikes gone........the same lane. so now the bike had either take evasive manuevers to the right or left or hit the back of the car.

when there's traffic light or heavy, it's no time to be busting .
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #51
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #52
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
We have lost some forum members who were loved by all who knew them. In some of those instances they were doing things that they were not supposed to be doing and lost their lives. So for those saying "I hope he dies" "I wish he dies" "I hope he dies when he gets off the bike" "I would love for him to die" etc. Would you wish that upon yourself, your loved ones, family, friends, etc? Even if they are being wreckless? No I think not.

I am not your concious. Nor am I trying to chage your mind or justify your thought processes. I am just giving you a different perspective so that you could think about what you are saying.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:10 PM   #53
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-18-2007, 12:13 PM   #54
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexualChocolate
We have lost some forum members who were loved by all who knew them. In some of those instances they were doing things that they were not supposed to be doing and lost their lives. So for those saying "I hope he dies" "I wish he dies" "I hope he dies when he gets off the bike" "I would love for him to die" etc. Would you wish that upon yourself, your loved ones, family, friends, etc? Even if they are being wreckless? No I think not.

I am not your concious. Nor am I trying to chage your mind or justify your thought processes. I am just giving you a different perspective so that you could think about what you are saying.

AMEN! ........so take up roller blading if anybody here is one of those people.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #55
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
BS, when you endanger other people w/ YOUR rights you know loose your rights. like i said i'm all for keeping the left lane clear but when you enter the realm of endangering others, you loose those rights.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #56
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
i think splitting lanes and going 130mph is just as stupid as the next guy, but wishing death on them is just bad karma. instead of wasting your energy on bashing them and wishing they were dead, why not wish they lived to learn from their mistakes, so they won't do it again. at least that is semi-productive.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:58 PM   #57
2slo

I think we are all quilty of questionable behavior at some point in our lives. Driving too fast in poor weather, riding a bicycle in down town traffic without a helmet, playing with power tools without protective gear, running with scissors, unprotected without knowing your partner's medical history..... The list goes on and on and I have seen fatalities from all these behaviors. The bottom line is that no one should have to pay for their stupidity with their life. Being tortured by an stressed out, bitchy ICU nurse like me is punishment enough. I'm sure some of my patients have wished they were dead after having to hear my rants on motorcycle safety but hopefully they learned their lesson. Debra

Last edited by 2slo; 07-18-2007 at 01:00 PM.
2slo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #58
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I think you all are beating it to death when it is already no longer a topic. Scott already took it back and said, he didn't really mean it but it was just a first thought. Can blame him for that, seeing someone on a suicide mission going down I-10 and scaring the wits out of him by coming out of nowhere.

And no, I also don't keep my eyes pinned on my rear view mirror to check for the once in a lifetime 130mph rider who may try to lanesplit with me and a semi. Duh. If you do, more power to you. Great. You rock. If you think it is normal, then go to your legislators and have the speed limit revoked and have a no-limit Autobahn put in place. I'd be all for that. You got my vote.

The point here is that, as sexualchocolate said, this forum lost some great members, and a way of riding like this 'idiot on I-10' is practising, is not safe and may eventually have consequences. Nobody wishes any harm to anyone, hopefully, some reckless rider out there read this and thinks twice.

It is not safe to do 130 mph on I-10, and even less in traffic and even more less splitting a lane with a car and a semi. Period. /end of discussion.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM   #59
txferrari
Banned

User is banned

Old 07-18-2007, 01:07 PM   #60
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by txferrari
Hehe, yes boss lady!!!! JK. Ur slacking on the visit up to Track 21. We have some good running cars now again. #5 has all new everything. #4 is strong. #13 is crazy fast. Btw, the tracks will be combined as of tomorrow.

Boss lady...hmm...its stuck me. 15 months of taking orders from TDC finest. Ugh.
Yeah, see, lane splitting at Track21 is cool. :laughing6

I don't want to be sore for Saturday's trackday but hopefully I get out there again soon. You have no idea how much I am craving those karts!!!

Advertisement