Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-19-2015, 04:11 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Brands Hatch race 3 results
Newly crowned Champ Brookes crashes out of the final BSB race of the season
TYCO BMW’s Michael Laverty claimed his first win of the season in the final race of the 2015 BSB Championship at Brands Hatch as new champ Josh Brookes crashed out.
It was John Hopkins who took the lead on the opening lap from Byrne and Laverty with Brookes down in seventh. The Australian fought through the pack on the opening laps, but on the second lap Byrne had hit the front of the field with Laverty pushing to make a move.
Laverty made a lunge at Druids only to run slightly wide, giving Byrne the advantage to cut back ahead. Another rider, JG Speedfit Kawasaki’s James Ellison, was determined to return to the podium in the final race of the season and by lap three he had moved up to second after a move on Byrne at Graham Hill Bend.
Byrne took none of it and moved back ahead before Surtees to push Ellison back to second. Ellison made a move down the inside at Paddock Hill Bend, but the PBM Kawasaki rider attacked with a move at Druids.
Byrne moved ahead of Ellison, who was forced to sit up, which dropped him to third as Laverty took advantage.
Attempting to make it a perfect weekend, Brookes was pushing and had moved up to second until the Milwaukee Yamaha rider touched the curb at Graham Hill Bend which saw him crash out unhurt – his first DNF of the season.
Laverty held the lead from Byrne and Ellison, with the trio trading paint for the podium positions. Byrne had moved to the front of the trio at Clearways, but Laverty had reclaimed the advantage by Paddock Hill Bend.
Laverty was able to fend the Kawasaki pair off to the chequered flag to claim his first win of the season while Ellison and Byrne battled for second right to the line with Ellison finishing 0.182 ahead of Byrne.
Dan Linfoot claimed fourth place from Christian Iddon and Luke Mossey, who sealed the Riders Cup title. Danny Buchan held off Hopkins for seventh place on the second PBM Kawasaki. Jakub Smrz and Howie Mainwaring completed the top ten.
1. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW
2. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +0.237
3. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +0.419
4. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +2.087
5. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +2.547
6. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +2.710
7. Danny Buchan GBR PBM Kawasaki +2.735
8. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +3.166
9. Jakub Smrz CZE Milwaukee Yamaha +3.470
10. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +5.274
11. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +6.359
12. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +7.057
13. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +10.741
14. Luke Stapleford GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +18.888
15. Robbin Harms DEN PR Racing Kawasaki +22.861
16. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +25.559
17. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +25.654
18. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki +27.735
19. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +50.771
20. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +55.021
DNF. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki
DNF. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
DNF. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW
DNF. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW
BSB 2015: Silverstone race two results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race two results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race one results
BSB 2015: championship standings after Brands Hatch
BSB 2014: Assen race 1 results