MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #61
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
nothing wrong with dirt
We know know Bevo doen't mind tearing up a dirt road.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
you probably don't care SteveohhXdank Off Topic 0 02-26-2011 01:41 PM
just watch the vid , or don't, whatever i don't care . lol ANTISOCIAL Off Topic 11 09-07-2009 09:08 AM
repost?? I don't care TREE Off Topic 1 03-06-2009 05:03 PM
I don't care Patrick Off Topic 30 10-19-2007 09:12 PM
Motorcyclist dies after being hit by hit-and-run driver Jay General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 09-04-2007 11:28 AM
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #62
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

"However, this is not the first time Crum has had a run in with the law in Hood County, or Somervell County for that matter, and is also not the first time he has been accused of misconduct with a motor vehicle, according to arrest and court records.

On July 28, 1989, Crum was arrested by Arlington police for assault and family violence, and later charged and sentenced to one-year's probation. He was also force to pay an undisclosed restitution. Fast forward a few years to Aug. 23, 1993, Crum was picked up by Granbury PD for silent or abusive calls to a 9-1-1 service – a class B misdemeanor that was later dismissed after he recognized himself as the culprit prior to the case being deferred on Sept. 9, 1993.

All illegal, but not exactly relatable to the current charge.

Six months and change later, Crum was scooped up by Somervell County sheriff’s deputies for unauthorized use of a motor vehicle – a 3rd degree felony he plead no contest to. Crum was convicted of the charge on Sept. 26, 1994, which resulted in an $87 court cost, 80 hours of community service and two years of community supervision.

Thirteen years later, he was again found to be improperly using a vehicle by the Somervell County Sheriff’s Department. Crum was observed to be driving recklessly on March 28, 2007, but this time was also charged with making a terroristic threat. Despite pleading 'not guilty' to the charge of making a terroristic threat, he was later convicted of both charges and confined to two years in jail, while being forced to pay $500 in court fines and a $612 court fines."
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #63
pbfoot

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Sounds like someone has anger management issues. His priors will hopefully lead to some jail time for this offense.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:38 AM   #64
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
Sounds like someone has anger management issues. His priors will hopefully lead to some jail time for this offense.
His insurance company will certainly not be happy
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 11:53 AM   #65
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Lol, like he has ins
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:09 PM   #66
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
Lol, like he has ins
He's old and white. Most likely he does have insurance. You're thinking would be correct if he were young and hispanic.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:44 PM   #67
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

He's driving a ~26yo mercury

Pretty damm trailer
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 05:07 PM   #68
Bender
%$@*(&

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
09 Ninja 500
Triumph Tiger 750 (sold)

I think this guy is screwed. Got charged with assault with a deadly weapon, a felony. And he has prior assault charges and convictions.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #69
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

On the one hand I would agree but the fact that his bond was only $15000 makes me believe that this may get pled down.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:04 PM   #70
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbfoot View Post
On the one hand I would agree but the fact that his bond was only $15000 makes me believe that this may get pled down.
Part of bond consideration is if the stick is a flight risk
Old 10-22-2015, 10:27 PM   #71
Bart
Thread killer

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2005 R6
'06 Suzuki Katana 750 (destroyed)

Jeezus, I know there's lots of trolls online but for cryin' out loud this is a motorcycle forum - how can anyone debate blaming rider vs. cager? OK, so the rider isn't perfect, neither am I and same goes for 99% of us here. Minimal gear, going a little too fast... and goodness knows I myself have squeezed past people with maybe an inch to spare countless times. Sound familiar? Having no insurance is a bad idea but tons of people in all kinds of vehicles do it. Doing all of the above when you have kids at home cranks it up a notch but doesn't justify attempted homicide.

Now look at our scumbag cager. This guy was mad either because he got passed, or just simply doesn't like bikes. Swerving into people may have seemed like a justifiable kneejerk reaction to him; its attempted homicide and he's too retarded to understand. What does this say, especially in light to his previous record? He's mentally handicapped and cannot be rehabilitated or even made to understand that what he's done is wrong.

If you want to rant about "just a matter of time", well, it's just a matter of time before this guy kills someone. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if he spends the rest of his time behind bars and takes one for the team - daily. Realistically he needs to be found guilty by reason of insanity and spend the rest of his miserable little life doped up on tranqs, in a straightjacket, in a padded room, getting washed with a garden hose and occationally allowed to watch people play checkers.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:31 PM   #72
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
Jeezus, I know there's lots of trolls online but for cryin' out loud this is a motorcycle forum - how can anyone debate blaming rider vs. cager? OK, so the rider isn't perfect, neither am I and same goes for 99% of us here. Minimal gear, going a little too fast... and goodness knows I myself have squeezed past people with maybe an inch to spare countless times. Sound familiar? Having no insurance is a bad idea but tons of people in all kinds of vehicles do it. Doing all of the above when you have kids at home cranks it up a notch but doesn't justify attempted homicide.
So how much did you donate on his gofundme page?
Liked this post:
Old 10-23-2015, 07:50 AM   #73
Paul1098

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
This happened to Paul1098 and me in Arkansas. Lucky for Paul, he made it though without incident but I was really worried when I looked in my mirrors and saw nothing but tire smoke. I passed a truck in a legal passing zone, he got mad and swerved truck and trailer into Paul when he tried to pass. I remember thinking OMG.

Thanks for the reminder, Brian. I had moved that to the deeper recesses of my mind. Now I have to relive it again....and again...
Paul1098 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:21 AM   #74
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
If you want to rant about

Quote:

Now look at our scumbag cager. This guy was mad either because he got passed, or just simply doesn't like bikes. Swerving into people may have seemed like a justifiable kneejerk reaction to him; its attempted homicide and he's too retarded to understand. What does this say, especially in light to his previous record? He's mentally handicapped and cannot be rehabilitated or even made to understand that what he's done is wrong.

If you want to rant about "just a matter of time", well, it's just a matter of time before this guy kills someone. I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if he spends the rest of his time behind bars and takes one for the team - daily. Realistically he needs to be found guilty by reason of insanity and spend the rest of his miserable little life doped up on tranqs, in a straightjacket, in a padded room, getting washed with a garden hose and occationally allowed to watch people play checkers.

Quote:
Having no insurance is a bad idea but tons of people in all kinds of vehicles do it. Doing all of the above when you have kids at home cranks it up a notch
It's pretty dumb if you ask me.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement