MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #1
orbit398

Feedback Rating: (0)

2005 GSXR 1000 ECU Flashing

Hello, I have an ECU that is need of being reflashed. My bike is a track only moto. At 8K, the rev limiter comes on now for some reason. It was reflashed by the PO several years ago and has been running fine. But now, for whatever reason, it is messed up. I verified it was the ECU by installing it on another K5 bike and it showed the same symptom.

There are many websites that provide this service, and wonder if some are better than others. Who out there has had good luck with reflashing an ECU. Looking for a good place that will do this.

Or should I try and find a stock ECU? I have heard that reflashed ECU's fail often. Not sure if this is true

thanks for feedback.
orbit398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda ECU Flashing!!!!!! MCCycles MC Cycle Works 4 11-19-2015 07:47 PM
ECU Flashing Clarification MCCycles MC Cycle Works 7 09-07-2015 11:51 AM
ECU FLASHING!!!!! MCCycles MC Cycle Works 7 07-10-2015 11:26 PM
gsxr 600/750/1000 owners, flash ecu? RACER X General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 04-08-2010 02:08 PM
ECU flashing RACER X Motorcycles Unlimited 2 02-24-2010 02:35 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Mc cycle works.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #3
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Mc cycle works.
Thanks dude
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbit398 View Post
Hello, I have an ECU that is need of being reflashed. My bike is a track only moto. At 8K, the rev limiter comes on now for some reason. It was reflashed by the PO several years ago and has been running fine. But now, for whatever reason, it is messed up. I verified it was the ECU by installing it on another K5 bike and it showed the same symptom.

There are many websites that provide this service, and wonder if some are better than others. Who out there has had good luck with reflashing an ECU. Looking for a good place that will do this.

Or should I try and find a stock ECU? I have heard that reflashed ECU's fail often. Not sure if this is true

thanks for feedback.
We can flash it, I believe you emailed me earlier.

Definitely start with a new ECU.

I have never once heard of an ECU failing as a direct result of a flashed map being on it. I have seen ECU's fail while being flashed, but only during R&D or during bench flashing, when the person doing the flashing supplies the wrong voltage to the ECU. Flash files for your model motorcycle have been out for a very long time. You have nothing to worry about, at least you don't if you go through us.

Also, FWIW, a mail in flash is almost always an incomplete flash. You pay $75 for someone to change your coolant fan temps and remove your rev limiter. Big whooptie do.

Our flash tuning service is $350. It is a full tune of the bike. We adjust STP, IAP, TPS, Rev Limit, Fan Temps, Ignition Maps, Fuel Trims, Etc Etc... I do not copy maps from one bike to another, each bike gets its own individual map. You order a map online and mail your ECU in, they're gonna send you the same map they sent to the last 30 guys. I personally have never seen 31 bikes exactly alike in operation.
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement