Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-18-2015, 10:10 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Brands Hatch race two results
The new BSB Champion continues to battle it out with PBM Kawasakis Byrne
THE 2015 British Superbike Champion Josh Brookes has won the second race of the triple-header round at Brands Hatch with just one race now remaining of this season.
On the opening lap Shane 'Shakey' Byrne hit the front of the pack from new Champion Brookes followed by John Hopkins and Christian Iddon. The pair crossed the line with the Milwaukee Yamaha rider marginally in front, but as the pair tipped into Paddock Hill Bend, the PBM Kawasaki rider took the lead again.
Brookes made his next move at Westfield a lap later and he fired ahead again, but went wide letting Byrne straight back underneath him. The Australian piled on the pressure showing his front wheel to the four-time champion on a number of occasions before making another move at Westfield on the seventh lap.
Brookes continued to edge out Byrne, but behind the front two was an epic battle for third place with Michael Laverty ahead despite running outside the top five in the early stages.
Laverty had forced his way ahead of John Hopkins on the 16th lap and he held him at bay until the finish. The American came under pressure from James Ellison in the closing stages but he pushed the JG Speedfit Kawasaki through to fifth on the final laps from Lee Jackson and Luke Mossey.
Iddon held eighth position for the Bennetts Suzuki from Danny Buchan who dropped to ninth with Dan Linfoot completing the top ten with all six manufacturers represented in the top ten.
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +3.842
3. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +7.767
4. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +7.882
5. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +8.174
6. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +8.237
7. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +8.411
8. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +8.615
9. Danny Buchan GBR PBM Kawasaki +9.684
10. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +12.590
11. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +12.671
12. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +13.863
13. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +18.510
14. Jakub Smrz CZE Milwaukee Yamaha +18.705
15. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +23.953
16. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +30.001
17. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +38.953
18. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki +39.483
19. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +47.829
20. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +58.499
21. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +1 lap
22. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki +1 lap
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN PR Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Luke Stapleford GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
DNF. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race three results
BSB 2015: Silverstone race two results
BSB 2015: Assen race one results