Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-18-2015, 09:40 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Brands Hatch race one results
Brookes becomes the 2015 British Superbike Championship Champion
AUSTRALIA’S Josh Brookes has secured his first British Superbike Championship title at Brands Hatch after winning the opening race of the triple-header weekend ahead of Shane ‘Shakey’ Bynre.
Brookes took off from pole position to take the lead in race one from Danny Buchan and Byrne, but the defending Champion moved up to second at Druids to place Brookes in his sights.
Byrne attempted to take the lead by attacking instantly, but instead he had to wait until the third lap to make a move down the inside at Surtees as only 0.2s covered the pair as they crossed the line to start lap four.
On lap five Brookes made his move to regain the lead, but only two corners later is was Byrne who reclaimed the position at the front. They crossed the line almost together, but Byrne held the advantage.
Milwaukee Yamaha’s Brookes managed to pass Byrne at Stirlings, but Byrne instantly responded by moving around the outside at Clearways to defend his position at the front, but on the twelfth lap, Brooks moved ahead at Stirlings again and managed to extend his advantage crossing the line first to claim his first BSB title with Byrne in second.
Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati’s John Hopkins claimed them their first podium finish whilst Christian Iddon was to repeat his best result of the season in fourth place after battling with James Ellison, Luke Mossey and Buchan. Lee Jackson surged through to fifth over the final stages of the race.
Ellison held sixth from Mossey as Buchan dropped back to eighth place, holding off Michael Laverty and Jakub Smrz.
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +2.583
3. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +2.746
4. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +4.033
5. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +8.047
6. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +8.933
7. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +9.002
8. Danny Buchan GBR PBM Kawasaki +9.662
9. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +10.105
10. Jakub Smrz CZE Milwaukee Yamaha R1 +10.370
11. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +16.775
12. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +16.907
13. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +17.329
14. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +17.444
15. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +22.559
16. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +24.430
17. Luke Stapleford GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +31.032
18. Robbin Harms DEN PR Racing Kawasaki +31.743
19. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +34.507
20. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +50.488
21. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +57.808
22. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +59.625
23. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1m 19.793
24. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki +1 lap
25. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +1 lap
DNF. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. James Westmoreland GBR Gearlink Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race three results
BSB 2015: Silverstone race two results
BSB 2015: Assen race one results