Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Stunters Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2015, 10:23 AM   #21
GABRIEL

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 1-3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Pachuco View Post
Neither is .

I guess if you only last long enough to get off then it might be worth it but I keep it up.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is the penalty?? HoustonRepsol Off Topic 8 02-26-2010 09:15 PM
Death Penalty...? Tango1300 Off Topic 27 07-02-2007 10:31 PM
Best penalty shot ever!! Steve O Chap Off Topic 2 10-21-2006 02:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #22
Miloman

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 50
Bugatti veyron ss (sold)
Dodge Tomahawk (sold)
Ducati desmosedici RR (sold)
MTT turbine bike (sold)

Pulled over? Lol
Miloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 12:36 PM   #23
Nick336

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple
08 ZX10R -RIP
03 Z1000 -Sold
02 R6 -Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miloman View Post
Pulled over? Lol
LOL I know in certain situations it's easy to dip. It's just not worth it in my case. Especially for something as minor as a wheelie
Nick336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:27 PM   #24
El Pachuco

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Kawasaki ZRX 1200R

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABRIEL View Post
I guess if you only last long enough to get off then it might be worth it but I keep it up.
I was being facetious.
El Pachuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:29 PM   #25
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
When I was 19 a few of us use to practice doing wheelies outside my house. Neighbor called and the cops came out. They told us to keep it to a minimal until we could find a better place to practice and then asked to see how our wheelies looked.

We never found out who called the cops in the first place. Small neighborhood too, so word usually spread quick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 02:58 PM   #26
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

I wheelied past my buddys cross (died via moto)...cop lights me up...I pull over and shut down...he jumps out aiming a tazer at me and says "if you run ill taze you and youll your pants"...I tell him to relax im not going to run.

cuffs me and throws me in his car and asks why I did that...I proceed to tell him that its like a tribute to my dead bud...he tells me he worked the scene the night my friend died and watched him breath his last breath...dude kinda softens up and chills.

additional cop pulls up...major ...wants to take me in like its getting his rocks off...looking for anything wrong with the bike...stickers etc...everything is legit.

they let me out...I go home with a warning.

just a reminder that some cops are cool and others not so much...the cool one even said that was the longest wheelie he had ever seen...I was like yeah you should see me on the free...I mean...ill be going home now.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 03:32 PM   #27
Nick336

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple
08 ZX10R -RIP
03 Z1000 -Sold
02 R6 -Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowposer View Post
I wheelied past my buddys cross (died via moto)...cop lights me up...I pull over and shut down...he jumps out aiming a tazer at me and says "if you run ill taze you and youll your pants"...I tell him to relax im not going to run.

cuffs me and throws me in his car and asks why I did that...I proceed to tell him that its like a tribute to my dead bud...he tells me he worked the scene the night my friend died and watched him breath his last breath...dude kinda softens up and chills.

additional cop pulls up...major ...wants to take me in like its getting his rocks off...looking for anything wrong with the bike...stickers etc...everything is legit.

they let me out...I go home with a warning.

just a reminder that some cops are cool and others not so much...the cool one even said that was the longest wheelie he had ever seen...I was like yeah you should see me on the free...I mean...ill be going home now.
MAN...thats a cool story. Im sorry about your boy. Its cool to see some compassion from the LEOs. I LOLd about the freeway comment.
Nick336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:27 PM   #28
slowposer
pose slower

Bike(s):
bikeless :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick336 View Post
MAN...thats a cool story. Im sorry about your boy. Its cool to see some compassion from the LEOs. I LOLd about the freeway comment.

that's a story that will stay with me for the long haul.
slowposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 09:13 PM   #29
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

LMAO, My wife (as a police officer) tells people her printer is broken when she does not want to write a ticket... Givers her the ability to make stops to meet the "quota" but not do the paperwork...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave392 View Post
Caught x3 by the same cop.

First time, wheelied head on past a cop. He was going to give me a ticket, but came back and said his printer was broken, have a nice day. Free pass #1.

I was stupid enough to wheelie in the same zip code, and got busted red handed again. Got a stern talking to. Free pass #2.

I put the motard away for a few weeks, and got stupid again.. Didn't even see the cops this time.
Multiple cops showed up at work looking for me, since they knew me pretty well by then. I was fully prepared to go to jail, loose my job etc.. For some reason, i walked away with no penalties. I did get sent home from work for a few days. I deserved much worse.

I've learned my lesson x3, and i don't expect another free pass. I was a dumb F*ck. You know what they say.. Theres a time and place for everything!
GSXRCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:39 AM   #30
albertinhouston

This was alooong time ago. Just left topless bar, turn on to Westheimer my roommate immediately pulled a wheelie. Then I did(It wasn't even a great one). Set it down saw the cop in the parking lot, so I pulled in so I could get my ticket. He said thanks for not trying to run. I'll take a ticket over jail any day.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:04 AM   #31
atvmxr

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2001 Vulcan 800
CR125
LT500R
TRX250r
ATC350X

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertinhouston View Post
I'll take a ticket over jail any day.
not sure I understand. If you pull a "whoolie" you have no idea if the cop is going to be a and toss you for reckless driving, give you a ticket, or let you go.
atvmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #32
albertinhouston

I'm sure he would have been more likely to take me in if he would have had to come get me.
albertinhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:55 AM   #33
675R

Bike(s):
Triumph Street Triple R 2015
Yamaha FZ6R2015
Suzuki Katana 750 1990
Honda CM250 1984

Got a ticket for Failure to maintain with wheels on pavement. There is no citation number. I can't find that statute anywhere and am starting to think the cop made it up on the spot. No idea was the fine or points will be and I have searched pretty hard and can't find anything online about it. Anyone have an idea what the fine or points will be? the cop said he didn't even know if it was technically a "moving violation."
675R is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement