MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
civicious
Senior Member
 
civicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nawfside
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,824

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250






Why I ****ing hate some people on cruisers.

So around 6:30, I realized that I was out of food for my pet Guinea pig Harold. No problem, I'll just take the Ninja up to PetSmart and get a bag of pellets. I get geared up (even though it's only a half mile away) and putter up there only to find that they close at 6 on Sundays. Great. As I'm pulling out of the parking lot to head home, I see a couplea cruisers on the feeder road. I throw them the deuce, and the leader sneers at me, makes a motion that looks like he's halfass flipping me off, and then very blatantly throws a 'thumbs down' at me.

'I'm wearing my lid, leather jacket, jeans, and riding boots, and I'm not wheelieing or burning out, so he can't think I'm some sort of squid', I think to myself. As I look after him and his buddy, both in T-shirts and skid lids, I notice his '08 07' paper tags. Great, he hasn't even had his bike for longer than it takes me to take a , and he's already got an attitude. So I did what any level-headed human would do, and took off after him.

They U-turned and pulled into the JCI right at 1960 and 45. I cruised around the side road fuming to myself, wondering if they would actually try to fistfight if I confronted them. I decide to go ahead, and pulled into the parking lot. I pull into the space next to them, hit my killswitch as I'm still rolling, and hop off my bike. They were middle-agedish, the one with paper tags that had thrown me the Houston How-Do-Ya-Do looked to be a bit younger than the other. 'You got some kinda ****in' problem, buddy?' I say to the younger guy. He looked at me with a somewhat surprised expression on his face, and said 'Uh...um...no...I've just got a problem with your bike.'

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, and he said "You should get a real bike, like a Harley or a Buell." I responded 'I would, but I'm a little too young for that...I'm not quite 50 yet.'

At this point, I looked a little closer at their bikes. Turning back to the guy, I asked 'is that a Triumph?'.

He said it was, and I asked if it was a triple. 'No', he replied, 'It's a V3'.


It was then that I decided it was probably time for me to go, less I end up in jail for breaking some middleaged doctor/lawyer/whatever's neck.



Next time I'll think twice before waving at an ungeared rider, especially one on a cruiser.
__________________
IDB RACING
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com

Last edited by civicious; 07-08-2007 at 10:07 PM.
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
F'ing Rediculous The Irish Mick Stunters Lounge 20 04-24-2009 01:54 PM
F*ing Myspace... TnTEntR1 Off Topic 18 03-26-2009 02:53 PM
my limewire keeps ****ing up! scrapp Off Topic 16 09-25-2006 07:37 PM
I'd shoot this ****ing diseased in the ****ing head! ScooterTrash Off Topic 8 04-09-2006 05:16 PM
Why Cruisers HATE Sportbikers FastLine Cruisers Lounge 11 03-27-2006 06:55 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 07:53 PM   #2
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
10 word summary please.
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
civicious
Senior Member
 
civicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nawfside
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,824

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250






-got flipped off and 'thumbs down'd' by some guy on a cruiser
-confronted him and asked what his problem was
-was told i should 'get a real bike like a harley or a buell'
-asked what he was riding, was told it was a 'triumph v3'

not quite 10 words, but it works :p
__________________
IDB RACING
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com

Last edited by civicious; 07-08-2007 at 08:01 PM.
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #4
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero
 
ArturoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atascocita
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 23,248


Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage





Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Ahhhh.. hehe Thanks.
__________________
Blog | Pics | YouTube
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
mr_joe
Senior Member
 
mr_joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: PASADENA
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 898

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2005 R6-Sold
2008 CBR1000








LOL
__________________
Weather man why do you always lie about the weather? Why?

www.myspace.com/mrjoes
mr_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
stlal
Superman
 
stlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,310


Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior









Send a message via MSN to stlal
Hey hey hey now... I came from a sportbike, actually ive owned a few and ride a cruiser now. Ill wave to anyone, but I dont chase people down if they dont wave back..i could care less...what were you trying to prove?

ll remember to make sure and throw you the duece if I ever see you riding...:notworthy
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/amoney2
stlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:04 PM   #7
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious
I notice his '08 07' paper tags. Great, he hasn't even had his bike for longer than it takes me to take a , and he's already got an attitude. So I did what any level-headed human would do, and took off after him.
ROFLMAO. oh noes`~!!!

:laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6

that is some funny chit. glad you confronted him though. maybe he'll think twice next time before he gets himself into trouble. also good it happened now before he gets a real chip on his shoulder.

...

real bike, like a buell??!? amg, hilarity. thats like as bad as a katana, dare i say worse?
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #8
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!
 
Spanish Fly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Houston, TX (North Shore/Channelview Area)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,251


Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)









another yuppie thinking he is a bad
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:06 PM   #9
Chris24
Thread Savior
 
Chris24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 4,635

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
1979 Yamaha XS1100 Special









Send a message via AIM to Chris24 Send a message via MSN to Chris24 Send a message via Yahoo to Chris24
i got to say its wrong to judge like you say your going to do. what if you see a fully geared rider on a cruiser?

your judging everyone based on actions of one. how do you like it when a leo gives you chit and writes you 14 tickets because some squid on a ninja flipped him the bird that morning and now he thinks we are all the same.


imo, your stooping to his level, be positive instead!
__________________
Brought to you by Carls Jr.!
Chris24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #10
civicious
Senior Member
 
civicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nawfside
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,824

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250






Quote:
Originally Posted by stlal
Ill wave to anyone, but I dont chase people down if they dont wave back
maybe you missed the part where he not only said '**** you' with his finger, but also gave me a very pronounced thumbs down.


Not waving back is one thing, but making mean and rude gestures at me for no reason?
__________________
IDB RACING
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com

Last edited by civicious; 07-08-2007 at 08:10 PM.
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious
-got flipped off and 'thumbs down'd' by some guy on a cruiser
-confronted him and asked what his problem was
-was told i should 'get a real bike like a harley or a buell'
-asked what he was riding, was told it was a 'triumph v3'

not quite 10 words, but it works :p
quit crying, do you know how many times I have heard that my harley is and the metrics rule 10 ways to sunday? and yes, by your FELLOW metric riders, tons on this very forum no doubt, you dont see me getting my panties in a wad and start crying and wanna get confrontational.
Heres a clue, Grow up, get over it and move on son, there are tuffer issues in the world to tackle.
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
civicious
Senior Member
 
civicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nawfside
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,824

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250






It wasn't the fact that he didn't care for my bike, I could care less about that.

I'm 'crying' and getting confrontational over the fact that even after giving a friendly wave, some douchebag yuppie would still be hostile for no reason towards a rider he doesn't know at all. Makes no difference whether he's on a cruiser or not.
__________________
IDB RACING
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:23 PM   #13
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com
 
ScooterTrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Cut n Shoot
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 17,239


Bike(s):
lots of em






Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious
It wasn't the fact that he didn't care for my bike, I could care less about that.

I'm 'crying' and getting confrontational over the fact that even after giving a friendly wave, some douchebag yuppie would still be hostile for no reason towards a rider he doesn't know at all. Makes no difference whether he's on a cruiser or not.
he didnt chase you down
__________________
[COLOR="Lime"][B]Highway HorrorS c.c.[/B][/COLOR]



[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #14
XRCajun
Cool Senior Member
 
XRCajun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South Side
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,189

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2001 Honda XR650R Track Motard (sold), 2006 Honda 919, 2007 Honda CBR600RR(sold)









My hat off to you Civicious!

It would have been less risky for you to cool down a little and then address them a little less abraisive. But what the heck. You know it is amazing how people get all pumped up over what ever it is they have and get all this attitude about those who have something different. I like trying them all, 50's to cruisers.

I think it's great that you confronted him. I'll bet you he's not going to do it again. Maybe he'll even decide learn something about biking. You probably should n't try it again though your luck just might run out.
XRCajun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:26 PM   #15
dudewhrsmybike
Moderator
 
dudewhrsmybike's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Galleria
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,665

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS




Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
The dude has a tude or maybe just in a bad mood.
__________________


It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:31 PM   #16
1badzx12r
SHREK
 
1badzx12r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: san leon(close to kemah)
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 338

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2001 joker custom









midlife crisis???
__________________
The problem with the gene pool is there is no lifegaurd.

Its peanut butter jelly time!!!
1badzx12r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
stlal
Superman
 
stlal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,310


Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior









Send a message via MSN to stlal
How bout this...

You chase him down...confront him and he shoots your for "being in fear for his life"

You better be careful who you with nowadays

If I was in his shoes and some punk comes up in my face when im minding my own business and starts coming at me like a bad hes getting shot.
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/amoney2
stlal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #18
civicious
Senior Member
 
civicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nawfside
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 1,824

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
TZR250






Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
he didnt chase you down
He had no reason to make the gestures that he did towards me.
__________________
IDB RACING
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
ImG
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: SouthEast
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 341












Send a message via AIM to ImG
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicious
It wasn't the fact that he didn't care for my bike, I could care less about that.

I'm 'crying' and getting confrontational over the fact that even after giving a friendly wave, some douchebag yuppie would still be hostile for no reason towards a rider he doesn't know at all. Makes no difference whether he's on a cruiser or not.
look at the title of your post then. this thread is lame, imho.
ImG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:38 PM   #20
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon
 
Ramius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: where I didda
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 6,232


Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater









Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
there are tuffer issues in the world to tackle.
THOU HATH OFFENDED ME SIRE, PREPARE TO DUEL!!


12848609 aad950380d m
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy