Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-04-2015, 12:50 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Silverstone race two results
Dominant Brookes does the double at Silverstone with only one round remaining
JOSH Brookes has done the double at Silverstone this weekend after taking the top step once again in race two and extending his advantage ahead of the triple-header final at Brands Hatch in two weeks’ time.
The opening lap saw Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne hit the fnort of the pack from pole position ahead of Dan Linfoot and Peter Hickman. James Ellison was also in close contention once again. The JG Speedfit Kawasaki rider was on the attack passing Hickman first and the Linfoot in the space of four corners.
Ellison attempted to make a move on Byrne, but the defending Champion forced his way back ahead before Ellison took the lead on the third lap.
Milwaukee Yamaha’s Australian Brookes started from the second row and began to pick off his rivals one-by-one and had moved through to fourth before making a move on both Linfoot and Byrne to move from fourth to second.
Brookes dived ahead of race leader Ellison on the run through Maggotts to Becketts, whilst Linfoot also moved up to second ahead of Ellison with Laverty, Byrne and Iddon for company.
It was Ellison who dramatically dropped down the order due to a grip problem from which he ended the race down outside the points in 17th place. Linfoot and Laverty exchanged paintwork for second place, but the Honda Racing rider had the initial edge before the Tyco BMW rider emerged ahead on the final lap.
Iddon celebrated his best performance of the season in fourth place for Bennetts Suzuki, whilst defending champion Byrne finished fifth.
Richard Cooper won his battle with Peter Hickman for seventh position with Lee Jackson and Luke Mossey completing the top ten which featured five different manufacturers and nine different teams.
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +3.568
3. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +3.748
4. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +5.050
5. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +5.463
6. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +8.158
7. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +8.507
8. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +9.690
9. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +9.884
10. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +13.965
11. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +15.810
12. Luke Stapleford GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +15.979
13. Jakub Smrz CZE Milwaukee Yamaha +16.160
14. Danny Buchan GBR PBM Kawasaki +17.902
15. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +19.429
16. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +19.668
17. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +23.753
18. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +23.904
19. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +25.536
20. Jed Metcher AUS Gearlink Kawasaki +47.297
21. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +50.568
22. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +54.508
23. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +54.610
24. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +1:13.377
25. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:19.694
DNF. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW
DNF. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati
DNF. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN PR Racing Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Assen race one results
BSB 2015: Assen race two results
BSB 2015: Thruxton race one results
BSB 2015: Thurxton race two results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race two results