Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|10-04-2015, 12:20 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Silverstone race one results
Brookes and Byrne battle it out for the title
AUSTRALIAN Josh Brookes has won the opening race of the British Superbike Championship at Silverstone fighting off rival Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne to victory.
On the opening lap of race one it was John Hopkins who launched himself to the front of the field on the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati, but Brookes was on the attack to move ahead at Vale.
Byrne started from the fourth row of the grid and had made up two places on the opening laps as he began to fight his way through the pack.
James Ellison was in the hunt for the lead on his JG Speedfit Kawasaki as he overhauled Hopkins as he powered through to chase Brookes. Danny Buchan crashed out unhurt at Copes, but Ellison had closed down Brookes and the gap was down to just 0.8s.
PBM’s Byrne had worked his way through to fifth and was on a mission to front where Ellison had claimed the lead at Stowe on the seventh lap. Byne moved through to third whilst Hopkins and Peter Hickman closed in.
Brookes wasn’t ready to settle for third and made a move on the 11th lap to charge ahead at Copse with Ellison taking the position back. A lap later Ellison was once again passed by Brookes and soon pushed back to third by Byrne on the very same lap.
JG Speedfit’s Ellison now had Hickman for company on the penultimate lap as Byrne closed in on leading man Brookes. Hickman made a move at Luffied to take third whilst Ellison lost a further position to Hopkins who finished fourth.
Michael Laverty held onto a lonely sixth place from the battling Dan Linfoot who finished ahead of Bennetts Suzuki’s Christian Iddon. Tommy Bridewell and Jakub Smrz completed the top ten.
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +0.688
3. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +1.923
4. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati +2.745
5. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +3.254
6. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +3.480
7. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +6.377
8. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +8.999
9. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +11.786
10. Jakub Smrz CZE Milwaukee Yamaha +12.280
11. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +14.029
12. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +14.449
13. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +17.927
14. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +20.752
15. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +21.175
16. Luke Stapleford GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +25.570
17. Julien Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +28.036
18. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +44.877
19. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +45.035
20. Jed Metcher AUS Gearlink Kawasaki +46.593
21. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +1:10.285
22. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +1:10.427
23. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:24.792
24. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki +1:52.846
DNF. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW
DNF. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW
DNF. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR PBM Kawasaki
DNF. Robbin Harms DEN PR Racing Kawasaki
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race three results
BSB 2015: Assen race one results
BSB 2015: Assen race two results