Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Byrne to remain with PBM for BSB 2016

Five minute chat in the garage sorted the deal

Byrne to remain with PBM for BSB 2016
Byrne celebrating at Oulton Park.

IT HAS been announced at Silverstone that Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will remain with the Paul Bird Motorsport Team in the British Superbike Championship next year.

Byrne is the most successful rider in Championship history and celebrated his fourth British Superbike title last year with is aim to claim a fifth this season as he holds onto second in this year's Title fight.

The renewal of Byrne's contract comes after a successful relationship with Paul Bird and the Paul Bird Motorsport squad which saw them take two titles in 2012 and 2014 together and second in 2013.

Byrne said: "The beauty of riding for PBM, with Paul and I having the kind of relationship we have, means there is no need to hold lengthy negotiations and after a five minute chat in the garage, we sorted the deal out.

"We both know we give each other 100% and I'm very happy with the people around me. We are about to enter a very exciting new chapter in PBM and I'm really excited to be a part of it."

Although no further announcements regarding the team's additional racing activities, commerical partnerships nor who Byrne's team-mate will be, Team Owner Paul Bird commented: "Shakey wanted us and we wanted him so there was nothing much to discuss.

"We've known each other for long enough now and these things look after themselves. We are happy to remain in BSB as we had some options elsewhere and are delighted that Shakey will be on our bikes next season."

Related Content

Stuart Easton to return to BSB with PBM
Byrne and Easton re-sign with PBM
Shane Byrne undergoes surgery on broken hand
PBM to remain in BSB for 2014
Byrne and Easton sign for Paul Bird

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote