MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM   #21
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy"zx6
hey i know who you are tim told me your the grandpa that took him to the track last time:laughing6

Dats me! :icon_bigg
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
It takes two to tango!! Grinchy Taking it to the Track 2 06-24-2011 08:50 AM
PING! Mr. Unassailable Stunters Lounge 43 08-24-2007 07:06 PM
Yet another tango thread Brena23 Off Topic 168 08-10-2007 12:35 AM
where is tango jimmy"zx6 Events, Meets and Rides 139 08-07-2007 11:34 AM
Tango anyone? BigComfy Off Topic 7 03-24-2007 11:05 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-09-2007, 05:23 PM   #22
Andy
Draped up

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Man, that guy got lucky that when he wrecked he flew into the grass instead of the pavement. I don't think he realized how lucky he was being without gear and crashing that hard. for shame. I felt sorry for him at first when I came back to check up on them, but I mean..wear some gear!!!
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:23 PM   #23
Andy
Draped up

Bike(s):
2004 R6

also in that group we met up, there was a kid with a UH backpack on, sandles, no gear no nothing just a helmet

woot
Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #24
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

Cool User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 10:43 PM   #25
Brandon

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

Sorry in advance for long winded post.

I had no problem with you or anyone for that matter taking off ahead. It's your ride as well, I will ride at the pace I am comfortable with. For the most part I was very comfortable I never felt otherwise. Dan got left behind when we met up with the other group. I could tell several of them were seasoned riders they were the ones that made it to the gas station (I made it to the gas station as well). However the 'squids' I was referring to were most of the ones who did not make it to that point and were in the other group.

Everyone in our initial group I have absolutely no problems with (except that guy Mike with no helmet or jacket :confused2). But when we got back to where that kid lost it and discovered that Dan was still missing we should of continued back tracking to make sure he was ok. He could of lost it on that 90 degree 5mph turn right after the railroad tracks. Luckily that was not the case and he was waiting at the turn off from that road.

I decided at that point to not continue on because I had other commitments to attend to at 7-8pm. I believe it was about 5pm at that time. I am not disappointed at all, the first segment of the ride was terrific. Yes me being a newbie I have not experienced many group rides. Maybe some of the riders in the other group were not new but most of them (appeared) to be. (I could tell who wasn't because they passed me. ) But that was only 3 or 4 of them.

The person who could not get his bike started was the one with the brand new honda that was only a few days old if that. I bet his kick stand was down when he tried to start it.

Our small group didn't warrant a truck/trailer and Dan was just waiting behind because the rest of the other group left their own guy behind. Kudos to Dan for waiting behind for that guy.

All is well we will just have to do it again sometime. I'm only 10 minutes from your house.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #26
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Old 07-09-2007, 11:57 PM   #27
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300
Well if you are 10 minutes away... just knock on the door before you walk in! Come by anytime! I usually get home by 8pm... Kim & I are always down for a ride!
We have to knock first?? :laughing6
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:49 AM   #28
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Old 07-22-2007, 11:05 PM   #29
MikeWhoTruong
I Sell Fish !!! Hook ^?

Bike(s):
2005 r6

Brandon...
for someone as well spoken as you are, you should really think before saying offensive things about people you do not know, and you really should not judge situations without completly knowing the circumstances. Just to rationalize things for you; you say you dont like the idea of another group joining in, for the simple fact that you don't know them or their riding abilities. The fact of the matter is that you didn't know our leader, dan, andy, or myself. Any of the other riders could have just as easlily joined at tangos house. As long as we reorganized I see no problem in letting in other groups. As for so called "SQUIDS" we all started somewhere, and so did you. If I remember correctly, please corect me if i'm wrong You, Andy, and Dan are new riders and Tango had no problems with it, and he did a great job accomodating the speed for our new riders. I have been riding for four years and I still don't feel comfortable taking curves fast. Who is to judge if I am a Squid. I actually talked to some of those guys for a while and they are just like you and I. They just want to ride, have fun, and gain usefull expierence.

Tango, thanks for the great ride and wonderful accomodations, my apologies for not having a helmet. I know it made you and others uncomfortable. Believe me, it wasn't by choice. I hope we can ride again soon. I really enjoyed that route, it was my first time on it.
MikeWhoTruong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:09 PM   #30
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

this is an old thread.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #31
MikeWhoTruong
I Sell Fish !!! Hook ^?

Bike(s):
2005 r6

yea...i'm new to moto houston though..
Old 07-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #32
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum View Post
this is an old thread.
HAHAH Mike you think thats old? I was about to dig up your thread from the Forest ride when Reidlos went down...I musta read your mind cuz you planned the ride this Saturday! I wish some more people woulda stayed to ride with me and Jeremy. We took 3090 to the end and came back and went down 362.

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #33
Brandon

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

Oh man I totally did not mean to offend anyone. I probably should not have used the word 'squids' it is so broadly used. So I will clarify a bit.

I apologize, I did not mean it the way it sounded. I should not have included everyone in that group in my initial post, again I am sorry. From my viewpoint after we had turned back and then proceeded through the forest. I brought up the rear (behind the guy that wrecked). He was riding slow on the way back - I could of easily passed him and rode with everyone else.

Why I said what I said.
1. The guy that couldnt start his bike when we first met the other group caused Dan (in our group) to get broken away from his group and lost.
2. The remaining guys at the end who were riding back through the forest totally left the guy who wrecked behind.

So more on #2. The guy just got the bike not long ago and had wrecked. Who in that group were his friends? I thought he was riding with them from somewhere else initially? As the group headed out the guy who wrecked had some troubles getting his bike going (I believe you Mike sat there and waited as did I). Then you went ahead of him and I rode behind him. I could tell the guy was shaken by his accident because he didn't want to ride the roads at the speed limits.

The entire ride back he and I could not see anyone else in the group and I am thinking to myself. What kind of friends/riders/group just take off through the forest and leave this shaken rider behind? I could of easily took off ahead of him leaving him way behind. But what if he misjudged another turn trying to keep up at some point? The rest of the group wouldn't turn back until 15-20mins later.

Needless to say because we joined the other group it caused our entire planned ride and event to fall apart.

Again and I will tell you in person the next time I see you, I am sorry if I offended you or anyone else I will never use the word 'squid' again.

Yes I am also a squid. :eh:
Old 07-23-2007, 12:29 AM   #34
MikeWhoTruong
I Sell Fish !!! Hook ^?

Bike(s):
2005 r6

Brandon,
no hard feelings, I just wanted you to understand that we all had to learn somehow. I been riding for quite a while now, and know that you were not refering to me. Having friends that are new riders, I understand where the new riders are coming from and felt that I should defend them. Its Labels like that, that makes the novice rider weary to ask for help or advice.

I look forward to riding with you again soon.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:38 AM   #35
Brandon

Bike(s):
2011 R6
2007 R6 (sold)
1983 XR-250R (sold)

I should of specified it was not directed at their riding skills.. more or less their riding etiquette? in a group. I think that is the correct choice for words. I hardly saw them riding at all so my comment was mainly based on their actions that I observed.

I might be putting together another ride this Sunday (nw/forest area) if it doesn't rain of course.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #36
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
I might be putting together another ride this Sunday (nw/forest area) if it doesn't rain of course.
If the weather holds, chances are I will be down for that. I would consider myself a ride junky. Started riding in Mar. and got 8k miles on my bike already is that a lot?

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement