MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 09:44 AM   #1
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Send a message via AIM to BlackWidow
Team RideSmart Congrats

Thank you Guys, you all did awesome.

By the end of the first, second, third hour we were ranked @ 31st position out of 40 teams. By the end of the race, we were 24th out of 40 teams. Good job Guys.

We rode well & we rode smart - RideSmart!

Cliff - props to you dude, thanks for putting in consistent lap times, i know the last 20 minutes would have helped us out more. Keep riding this way and we'll have no problems podiuming!

Tony - 1 race down, 1 more to go before the yellow shirt goes. I know you held alot back. I'm gonna assume it was coz of the yellow shirt. I know you coulda pushed a heck lot more. Maybe next time without the yellow shirt. Thanks for riding with us.

Tae - i don't care what anyone says about you crashing, you rode smart and consistent, Cliff and me were looking at your lap times, and they were pretty impressive. I think you really really like the GP Shifting! (Dennis change it to GP - she wont crash ). Thank you for riding for us and with us.

Frank - (does'nt lurk the board), thanks for experience and expertise. The last minute gearing change really did help.

I myself going into this race and alot to prove to myself, alot of critics (or haters), after round 3 i was criticized alot.

Some went on to say :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
- "YOU ASKED ME TO PIT YOU IN 10 MINUTES, MORE PEOPLE RAN FOR YOU FOR LONGER THAN YOU RAN FOR YOUR OWN TEAM THO."
Well i rode two sessions - 1 35 minute session and 1 45 minute session. I knew the biggest concern was that i don't ride too much, well i had to prove to myself and shut the others up about it, so i gave it my all @ a track i've never raced before. It did'nt help that i had my yellow shirt on either. I don't think i have ever ridden so hard in my life.

I actually like this competition - its fun. It brings out the best in us (or me atleast). Katy should be even more fun, now that our teams should be a few laps apart - both fighting for 3rd position overall.

As far as the other MH team goes,

BiPolar rode awesome, even after Tim's accident. They finished top 3 & rode with serious heart. Mad props to you guys! :notworthy I hope Tim can recover by the August race.

LMS - i'm not sure what happened with you guys, first i saw you guys on the TTR, then i think later on in the race i saw you guys with the CRF? :confused1 What happened? Either way. It was good to see you guys out there.

Props to all the TMGP teams (in general) for showing up to a CMRA event and mixing it up with their RS125s with XR85s in it! :confused2 We got blown by in the straights, but it was soo worth it. The track was awesome, the weather was great! (not a single drop of rain!), and we all had a great time. See you guys out there @ Katy in August!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...

Last edited by BlackWidow; 07-08-2007 at 12:58 PM.
BlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Ridesmart Endurance Thanks! MSR Cresson cdill35 Taking it to the Track 4 08-31-2011 01:46 PM
Team Ridesmart Endurance @ TWS (Texas World Speedway) | CMRA Round 2 w/ PICS cdill35 Video's and Photo's 11 04-05-2011 09:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 10+ years

hey it was fun being out there.

i'm not sure if celebrating our better "standings" (not really a win) over another team's broken down bike is the best way to go about things...i do realize that our big rally came primarily from bikes falling out and teams having to take DNF's. Our bike just lasted longer.

I think we should save the smiley for when we beat them in their best condition. Until then, i am just gonna sit right here and myself.

it was fun racing everyone and I can't wait to do it again....I hope all the other teams recover well and get back to their full potentials.

Last edited by hotnanas; 07-08-2007 at 12:00 PM. Reason: edit's in red
hotnanas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
Thank you Guys, you all did awesome.

By the end of the first, second, third hour we were ranked @ 31st position out of 40 teams. By the end of the race, we were 24th out of 40 teams. Good job Guys.

We rode well & we rode smart - RideSmart!

Cliff - props to you dude, thanks for putting in consistent lap times, i know the last 20 minutes would have helped us out more. Keep riding this way and we'll have no problems podiuming!

Tony - 1 race down, 1 more to go before the yellow shirt goes. I know you held alot back. I'm gonna assume it was coz of the yellow shirt. I know you coulda pushed a heck lot more. Maybe next time without the yellow shirt. Thanks for riding with us.

Tae - i don't care what anyone says about you crashing, you rode smart and consistent, Cliff and me were looking at your lap times, and they were pretty impressive. I think you really really like the GP Shifting! (Dennis change it to GP - she wont crash ). Thank you for riding for us and with us.

Frank - (does'nt lurk the board), thanks for experience and expertise. The last minute gearing change really did help.

I myself going into this race and alot to prove to myself, alot of critics (or haters), after round 3 i was criticized alot.

Some went on to say :

Well i rode two sessions - 1 35 minute session and 1 45 minute session. I knew the biggest concern was that i don't ride too much, well i had to prove to myself and shut the others up about it, so i gave it my all @ a track i've never raced before. It did'nt help that i had my yellow shirt on either. I don't think i have ever ridden so hard in my life.

Oh and Capafool - last time when you guys finished ahead of us, you told me to

So i'll just return the favor, we finished ahead of your guys this time - so its your turn to

I actually like this competition - its fun. It brings out the best in us (or me atleast). Katy should be even more fun, now that our teams should be a few laps apart - both fighting for 3rd position overall.

As far as the other MH team goes,

BiPolar rode awesome, even after Tim's accident. They finished top 3 & rode with serious heart. Mad props to you guys! :notworthy I hope Tim can recover by the August race.

LMS - i'm not sure what happened with you guys, first i saw you guys on the TTR, then i think later on in the race i saw you guys with the CRF? :confused1 What happened? Either way. It was good to see you guys out there.

Que Paso - In my 2nd session i was looking for you guys out there. You guys were doing good, then i saw your bike in T1 sitting next to the CWs, not sure what happened. I thought XR100s were bulletproof (unless its not an XR100 motor in it :confused2 ). Anyways, it sucks that this is your 2nd motor that got blown within 4 races. I hope you guys get a legal motor and are ready by Katy, it seems pretty aggressive - but i like the fact that you guys keep on pushing us to do better every time. See you guys in Katy!

Props to all the TMGP teams (in general) for showing up to a CMRA event and mixing it up with their RS125s with XR85s in it! :confused2 We got blown by in the straights, but it was soo worth it. The track was awesome, the weather was great! (not a single drop of rain!), and we all had a great time. See you guys out there @ Katy in August!

moe... so many of your public comments on here are just plain classless...

keep in mind that the motorcycling community is a fairly tightly knit group of like minded individuals... and everybody is getting to know you pretty well on here...

at the very least know that your comments are certainly not gaining you any respect...

congrats on your 9th place finish at ohr...

Last edited by SBK Pilot; 07-08-2007 at 11:58 AM.
SBK Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Sounds like I missed alot of fun this round. Congrats!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBK Pilot
moe... so many of your public comments on here are just plain classless...

keep in mind that the motorcycling community is a fairly tightly knit group of like minded individuals... and everybody is getting to know you pretty well on here...

at the very least know that your comments are certainly not gaining you any respect...

congrats on your 9th place finish at ohr...
I'm sorry you feel that way. That was not my intention, its funny how when CapaFool said the "STFU" nobody said anything - but then when i "replied" back to him with the same four words - i get called out. I guess freedom of speech really does'nt exist here. Oh well.. i went ahead and edited my post.

Again - it was not my intention.

Wish you guys the best of luck and hope to see you guys in Auguest @ Katy (fingers crossed - due to the tracks never ending ongoing construction :BangHead: )!

It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:39 AM   #6
FastLine
Motorcycle School

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Instructing
Trackdays
A
Boss

Congratulations guys and girl!!!

Sounds like the "little 50 that could" did great.

Cliff, I can't thank you enough for the help you gave the team!
FastLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:15 AM   #7
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

I had lots of fun.
I always wanted to ride NSR and now I had it.
Front break and GP shift is a beautiful thing.
It was letting me fly~~

Thank you Moe for letting me ride your bike.
And thank you Cliff for taking great pictures.
Pleasure rode with Frank and Tony.
All you guys did a great job.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #8
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
i had a blast. i wish the little sucker had a wee bit more power, but i'm not complaining. seat time is better than no time. it was also a pleasure for me to ride with everybody on saturday. congrats to everyone.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutmegchoi
I had lots of fun.
I always wanted to ride NSR and now I had it.
Front break and GP shift is a beautiful thing.
It was letting me fly~~

Thank you Moe for letting me ride your bike.

And thank you Cliff for taking great pictures.
Pleasure rode with Frank and Tony.
All you guys did a great job.

did you post those up somewhere?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
nutmegchoi
Go girls!

Bike(s):
2013 CBR600RR Repsol

I'm working on it now.
nutmegchoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #11
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

i want to see that pic of ben spies, i mean Frank...
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 AM   #12
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

i want to see pics of dani pedrosa.......i mean me. :laughing6

Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 AM   #13
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

oh this could get funny...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

how funny? as funny as Moe and his Honda jokes?

Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #15
hotnanas
i rock knobbies

ya.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:43 PM   #16
Capafool
QuePaso Racing

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
'01 Gixxer 1k (Track)
'10 Duc 848 (Street)
'05 Drz-110 (Tarded)

Send a message via AIM to Capafool Send a message via MSN to Capafool
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWidow
I'm sorry you feel that way. That was not my intention, its funny how when CapaFool said the "STFU" nobody said anything - but then when i "replied" back to him with the same four words - i get called out. I guess freedom of speech really does'nt exist here. Oh well.. i went ahead and edited my post.
I think you need to put a little more thought into what you're reading next time. At no point have I ever told u to STFU because you have finished "behind" us. Go back and read it again and again and again till you get it.

If a team finished behind us I am in no way going to make fun of them just because our day went betters than their for whatever reason (riding, mechanicals, crash, etc.). In fact its unfortunate and I just hope the next time we're out there I can see them doing better than last time and improving because it's what it's about.

I think I spoke for most when I said that because you were in just about all your posts about the past race. No one seemed to make an issue of it but you, and well I know people were sick of it so I took the initiative to man up and post it. That was all.. It's in the past and life goes on...

anyways, congrats to all for a successful weekend and see you all next round!
CMRA Sprints #486
TMGP Endurance #46
"Scientists discover the world that exists; Engineers create the world that never was."
Capafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #17
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
how funny? as funny as Moe and his Honda jokes?
:laughing6

Old 07-10-2007, 12:30 AM   #18
BlackWidow
The Doctor

Bike(s):
A Ducati
A KaToom
Several Yamahas...
Some Kawis
No HONDAS! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capafool
I think you need to put a little more thought into what you're reading next time. At no point have I ever told u to STFU because you have finished "behind" us. Go back and read it again and again and again till you get it.

If a team finished behind us I am in no way going to make fun of them just because our day went betters than their for whatever reason (riding, mechanicals, crash, etc.). In fact its unfortunate and I just hope the next time we're out there I can see them doing better than last time and improving because it's what it's about.

I think I spoke for most when I said that because you were in just about all your posts about the past race. No one seemed to make an issue of it but you, and well I know people were sick of it so I took the initiative to man up and post it. That was all.. It's in the past and life goes on...

anyways, congrats to all for a successful weekend and see you all next round!
It's all good dude, i realize posts don't come out the way you want them to come out. I guess i'll just drop the case - next season when we all have fresh starts it'll be "interesting".

By the way what class were you guys registered in? I did'nt see you guys in F6? See you guys in August, fighting and kicking as usual!

Advertisement