MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2015, 07:04 AM   #81
BuckNut
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vids from last Oct. MSRH - R6 Solracer Taking it to the Track 17 02-06-2012 01:16 PM
Mex-Trek 2009 Oct 14 - 18th Mr.P General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 03-02-2010 05:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #82
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I came up behind you right after it happened. I immediately pitted and tried to make sure you had a way to get home because I know sometimes you ride to the track and then you got transported.

You hit you're head hard, make sure you drink lots of water and sleep as much as you can. You may not realize it but you're probably gonna be stupid for a week so if you can take off from work I'd suggest that. Heal up quick!
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-18-2015, 10:18 AM   #83
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Dave, appreciate you looking after me. Fortunately, I trailered down to this event and am lucky enough to have friends to pick me up when I'm down on my luck. Bike doesn't look too bad. I really don't remember details, but I I vaguely remember that I hit a false neutral coming into diamonds edge and wasn't able to scrub off speed with engine braking...can't say for sure, but I do slightly remember hitting false neutral. Thanks to my friend Bean for getting my bike and rig back home. Much thanks to Danbury EMS for getting my to the hospital (again, I don't remember the ride in the box) and clear and concise evaluation to my wife while in transport. I'm sure there were people who helped out that I'll never know about. This was one track day where I went solo with no "close friends".....while that was a mistake, I appreciate all MSRH staff, paramedics, Ride Smart staff and aquaintances involved with picking up the pieces for me. I sincerely apologize to other riders for any down track time.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #84
I~ Pod
I~Pod

Bike(s):
04 636
Wife's 13 gsxr 600
08 cbr1k
2015 zx10r ebony

So what ever happened with the the 2 track day give aways.... I was there and never hear anything about the giveaway..... .
I~ Pod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 08:58 PM   #85
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by I~ Pod View Post
So what ever happened with the the 2 track day give aways.... I was there and never hear anything about the giveaway..... .
Ditto!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #86
stevo41300

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 1000
Savin 4 Track Bike

MSRH

Ditto 2!!
stevo41300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #87
BryanE
CMRA #246

Bike(s):
2011 Ninja 250 Race
2007 R6 Race
2007 Ninja 500 Race
2011 YZ450F SuperMoto
2012 CBR 250 Race

Member Garage

Me and memo finally found "black truck with black trailer and put you gear in the back. Memo was like I hope this is it and no one shoots our looking in the glove box for insurance card with your name to verify it was your truck lol! We moved the bike as well, surprisingly the bike hardly had a scratch on it. I'm glad they didn't take you on the helicopter ride like they were talking about and your doing better. Not funny at the time, but now it is, when they would open the ambulance door and you would see memo, you be like hey memo I have seen you in years! This happen like 5 times when I was there. Hope you heal up fast bud! Nice meeting you, but sure you have not clue lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Dave, appreciate you looking after me. Fortunately, I trailered down to this event and am lucky enough to have friends to pick me up when I'm down on my luck. Bike doesn't look too bad. I really don't remember details, but I I vaguely remember that I hit a false neutral coming into diamonds edge and wasn't able to scrub off speed with engine braking...can't say for sure, but I do slightly remember hitting false neutral. Thanks to my friend Bean for getting my bike and rig back home. Much thanks to Danbury EMS for getting my to the hospital (again, I don't remember the ride in the box) and clear and concise evaluation to my wife while in transport. I'm sure there were people who helped out that I'll never know about. This was one track day where I went solo with no "close friends".....while that was a mistake, I appreciate all MSRH staff, paramedics, Ride Smart staff and aquaintances involved with picking up the pieces for me. I sincerely apologize to other riders for any down track time.
BryanE is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 10-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #88
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I'm hoping my poses for the pictures turns out, I have been updating the out of harts page.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:40 PM   #89
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasDave View Post
I'm hoping my poses for the pictures turns out, I have been updating the out of harts page.
I can't wait to see myself look like a with my knee straight out and a solid 12" of air between my knee puck and the pavement.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 PM   #90
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

http://www.hart-photography.com/phot...20#page=thumbs

Saturday pics are up.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #91
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanE View Post
Me and memo finally found "black truck with black trailer and put you gear in the back. Memo was like I hope this is it and no one shoots our looking in the glove box for insurance card with your name to verify it was your truck lol! We moved the bike as well, surprisingly the bike hardly had a scratch on it. I'm glad they didn't take you on the helicopter ride like they were talking about and your doing better. Not funny at the time, but now it is, when they would open the ambulance door and you would see memo, you be like hey memo I have seen you in years! This happen like 5 times when I was there. Hope you heal up fast bud! Nice meeting you, but sure you have not clue lol!
Not a clue! Lol much thanks to you and Memo for the help. Scott with MSRH said he knew I bumped my noggin' pretty good when I couldn't give him the make and model of my truck.
Liked this post:
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 PM   #92
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 3 years

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Not a clue! Lol much thanks to you and Memo for the help. Scott with MSRH said he knew I bumped my noggin' pretty good when I couldn't give him the make and model of my truck.
Glad your ok man, I was the track Marshall that day. We were worried about you. It was really cool for you to come back on Sunday and thank the ems team. It really shows your good character!!
Liked this post:
Old 10-19-2015, 09:35 PM   #93
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Also have no recollection of picking the bike up and riding it in....nuts.

Thanks Joey!
Liked this post:
Old 10-20-2015, 08:51 AM   #94
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

My plan worked, sadly only one picture turned out good.

FF2EA52B B079 423B 8F0F 58C70475470A zpstdric9gp
Old 10-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #95
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Don't remember the crash and don't remember the whambulance ride. Pics of my bike and from what I've been told leads me to believe a lowside in diamonds edge. Sorry to folks that had to wait for ambulance to roll. I HATE to be that guy.
man, I crashed on the first session Saturday in lvl2 coming out of sugar&spice

if anyone happen has to have a vid of that I'd love to see it

ended up in urgent care, surprisingly nothing broken but my left hand is swollen up like a balloon. all the finger joints turned blue.

Worked the carousel Sunday...where I a lvl 3 rider did the same thing first session same corner...after that Sunday went smooth until the helicopter got called
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:09 AM   #96
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post

ended up in urgent care, surprisingly nothing broken but my left hand is swollen up like a balloon. all the finger joints turned blue.

Worked the carousel Sunday...where I a lvl 3 rider did the same thing first session same corner...after that Sunday went smooth until the helicopter got called
Sorry about your luck. You ever hear about what happened to that guy?
Old 10-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #97
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I have not but hope he is ok. From what I got over the radio it was quite a mess.

I'm still not even sure if it was a accident in the paddock or if he rode it in like dbuck then realized he was injured
Old 10-20-2015, 10:20 AM   #98
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:

ouch dude, glad you're alright. I don't even recall seeing someone down in S&S. I do recall seeing a bike out in the grass after the launch and before the keyhole in one of the morning sessions. I really don't remember much of the riding from the AM. I know I had a burger for lunch and a nice nap in between sessions. Everything is a little foggy. Sounds like Sunday had enough incidents as well.

Anyhow, back to work today and trying to get back in the groove. Off topic, anyone know this bike? Would like to go buy it this week if he still has it.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5209981878.html
Old 10-20-2015, 10:41 AM   #99
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
ouch dude, glad you're alright. I don't even recall seeing someone down in S&S. I do recall seeing a bike out in the grass after the launch and before the keyhole in one of the morning sessions. I really don't remember much of the riding from the AM. I know I had a burger for lunch and a nice nap in between sessions. Everything is a little foggy. Sounds like Sunday had enough incidents as well.

Anyhow, back to work today and trying to get back in the groove. Off topic, anyone know this bike? Would like to go buy it this week if he still has it.

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/5209981878.html
yea glad your OK too, sounds like you got some brain slosh

Possibly mudbug I think he had a cigarette lighter wired on it somewhere
Old 10-20-2015, 10:55 AM   #100
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Quote:
yea glad your OK too, sounds like you got some brain slosh

Possibly mudbug I think he had a cigarette lighter wired on it somewhere
MudBug had my old zx7....and he had rattle canned it. This one is not (although it does have a MH sticker near the windscreen)....need the guy to return my email so I can check it out and buy it already.