MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #1
flamitaz
Member, you member!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
none

Ok this maybe a dumb question, but anyone can help.

Just had a question. I want to buy a helmet, but I need a medium size one. But I want a particular one, the yellow rossi gp-1 replica. My question is. The small one is like 56cm, and the medium size 58cm. That doesn't seem like a big difference to me. Anyone know if it is a big difference? Like for instance will a small helmet fit too tight compared to a medium size one? I just don't wanna get and it not fit at all. (its for my female passengers) I know I bought the same helmet, in black for my ex girlfriend, and it fit her just a little loose, not that much. I remember getting the helmet on was really snug, but after it went on you could tell it was comfortably loose. I don't know if I'm explaining myself correctly or not. Maybe Patrick from Motorcycles Unlimited can chime in, or anyone who has a shop and sells helmets, or anyone who has had both an AGV medium and small size helmet can chime in. But then again I welcome all opinions, and facts. Thanks guys and gals!
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
probably dumb question but... adamwedge Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 11 05-25-2013 03:36 PM
Possible dumb question Thayleal General Discussion (Moto Related) 20 08-10-2011 10:35 AM
DUMB QUESTION BlackHornet Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 12 05-05-2011 11:59 AM
This may be a dumb question but... Grimace General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 07-08-2010 05:55 AM
ok dumb question Nana General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 03-17-2007 11:26 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

go try some on lol
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 02:05 AM   #3
D_UNIT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
03'xr50w/carbon fiber,07' R1(SOLD), 06' Ranger Rover Sport SuperCharged(NEW TOY)

try em both on to get the best fit. There is a different...dont waste any sleep over it
D_UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Like for instance will a small helmet fit too tight compared to a medium size one?
If you are a true a "medium", a small of the same model will definitely be too tight.

If you'd like, come by and we can measure you to determine what size you or your girlfriend is so that you get a correctly sized helmet.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

you should really try them on considering all helmet brands will fit different plus everyone has a different shaped head. Some are made to fit people with wide heads and some narrow shaped heads. So with that being said, suppose if two people wear the same size helmet, one's head shape may require them to actually go up/down in size of helmet even thought it fit you perfect. Hope i didn't confuse you, i just woke up and i'm typing with one eye open.
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Id go let the crew at Motorcycles Unlimited measure and fit you.
Another thing to consider is that many helmet brands let you tailor the fit a little more than just Small vs. Meduim vs. Large. Lots of brands will sell replacement cheek pads and these can be bought in varying thicknesses. So, you can finesse the fit and feel of the helmet.
Just FYI.

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
flamitaz
Member, you member!

Bike(s):
none

Hey thanks for the replies. Well I want a helmet for my passengers, mainly females. A size that would most likely fit a females head (i know they're heads are all different, but you know what I mean), like I know that helmets are custom fit to a degree, but just wanted to know if 56cm vs 58cm is a big difference. I wear a large. I already have two arais. The helmet is not for anyone in particular, but just who ever wants a ride at the time. I guess the question I'm trying to ask: is there a big difference from 56cm (small AGV) to 58cm(medium AGV). 2cm doesn't seem like a big difference to me. Now 1 1/2 in. to 2 in. is a big difference. Even 1 in. is still ok. I guess like ya'll said head shape would come into play here (narrow vs wide). Do you guys think a small (56cm) would fit most females? Any info from the ladies would be great. Should I measure a couple of female heads and do a comparo? I hope I explained it a little better. Oh and the one helmet I had bought for my ex (girlfriend at the time) was a medium size black rossi gp-1 replica, and it was kinda snug to get on, and was comfortably loose once it was on. Hope that makes sense. Yeah she kept the helmet , so now I'm trying to get another one, but in the yellow color.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:52 AM   #8
Spanish Fly
Take me drunk, I'm home!!

Bike(s):
2003 SV650s (sold)

well then i would just stay with a med then. women tend to have alot of hair anyway but that is just my opinion. BTW why did she keep the helmet? does she own a bike?
Spanish Fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 1000, Honda CB750K DOHC

FYI 2 cm is nearly an inch its just over 3/4 of an inch add that to the circumference of a circle (head) and it is alot get a drafting compass and make a 5 inch circle and then make one 5.75 in and you will see the difference
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:12 AM   #10
flamitaz
Member, you member!

Bike(s):
none

Thanks RAZ. Its just that I saw the helmet I wanted (color scheme anyway) on ebay, but its a small. Its brand new, but I'm thinking someone, womewhere has a brand new medium yellow rossi gp1 replica. So I guess I'll wait.
Spanish fly, I dunno. I guess she figured she'll hook up with someone that owns a bike at sometime and then she'll use it, I guess. Or maybe she just wanted it cause it was a pretty cool looking helmet. :dontknow: I really didn't want it back, it was a gift anyway. Now the car, yeah I took that T back. Best believe!:laughing6 I know she wanted to learn how to ride a bike and get her own, but it was hard to find something that suited her. She is like 5'1 or something like that and weighed like 95 or 100lbs. She's petite. Well she was the last time we saw each other. I dunno about now. Havent seen her in 6 months.

Advertisement