MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Melyssa
CoachDave's Daughter

Feedback Rating: (0)

Looking for a bike!

I'm currently looking for an older model Yamaha TW200. I want to modify it like this picture. If anyone knows of any different model bikes that look very similar, I'm open to check those out as well. TIA for any help/advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tw200.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	88642  
Melyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunday 4/01 Bike ride to Deer Park's Bike Show, then Galveston! GixxerLizzy Events, Meets and Rides 7 04-08-2012 07:38 PM
Friday night group ride HOOTErS ;)!! Discuss bike possible bike club skullrider Events, Meets and Rides 7 03-23-2012 06:27 PM
Cycle Gear south 9/1 6-9p bike night/bike wash Ilean Events, Meets and Rides 11 09-01-2011 06:49 PM
Friend wanting a liter bike for first street bike *long convo inside* AWD General Discussion (Moto Related) 108 08-08-2006 12:08 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-28-2015, 01:37 AM   #2
ArtistMarty

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-YAMAHA-...-/171927561815

Looking for a bike!
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #3
ArtistMarty

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

http://www.bike4sale.co/detail/VVAPL...e-Street-Legal
1987 Yamaha TW200 Enduro Trailbike Big Tire Street Legal
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #4
False

No bike looks like a TW200. You picture just shows one that has a bunch of parts taken off and a different headlight. The chrome japanese headlight is cooler than the black one in the picture BTW.

Just get any cheap TW200, the picture is a new one with a disk in the front. The picture shows stock TW31 front tire with no fender. The Brigestone TW203 and TW204 is better for street and without a fender, don't go offroad.

You can find these for under 1000 in the winter. The engines are bulletproof. Build it up and then ride it. The picture is a new one with black painted rims and silver frame. Early ones have silver wheels and black frame. The only mods are seat grips and exhaust wrap after the heat shield was removed from the stock exhaust for some reason.
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
Melyssa
CoachDave's Daughter

Thanks for all the info. I saw this picture by chance and fell in love with it and the way it looked. I hadn't even heard of this bike before. I guess I assumed it was older because it looked a lot different than the new ones to me. I've been looking for a few months now and haven't really come across anything worth looking at. Hopefully some do pop up in the winter, I'd love to get my hands on one.
Melyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:44 PM   #6
False

The US gets the more dirt specific trim but there isn't much difference.

This is a picture of an old stock "street trim" model the US never got.

I would say ID what you like about the picture and go from there. Late model is probably better so the frame and wheel color will follow. If you like the more dual sport tires like in the picture, they will probably be on any one that you buy already. A mod that I really like is putting the 180 rear tire on the front Like this I prefer the stock exhaust like the picture
False is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement