MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

rain rain n more rain

so i wake up n hear rain no big deal then i look out the window 2 c everything is flooded outside, on the streets n up my driveway. i parkd my car n the front yard and there was water 1/2 way up the drivers side door so i got in thru the passanger side cause water wasnt pass the door yet, and i was thinkn of the inside of my cars gunna be full of water:BangHead: man i love hondas no water no where:icon_bigg , pointless i know but o well .

eny 1 got a boat/raft/canoo i can use i need to go to the store lmao!

u know wats gross is when the lightning stop alll these kids r gunna run out and start playin n the nasty az water.

and wtf how come no 1 ever opens the flood gates or drains or watever aint it just a button? lazy fkrs!!
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ready for the rain? Rain suit jimrad Gear Talk 6 08-30-2011 10:39 AM
"Rain Rain Check" 8/16/09 Sunday Morning - *SHNF TRAILS* Dualsport/Motard/Dirtbike PimpDaub Events, Meets and Rides 33 08-17-2009 01:34 PM
RAIN!!!! RACER X Off Topic 12 07-17-2009 11:34 AM
Here comes the rain again... Ulric General Discussion (Moto Related) 44 10-15-2007 10:32 PM
RAIN!!! 50cc chick Off Topic 15 07-22-2006 10:38 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
houseofpaint
PM for BESTPRICE on parts

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike
2003 DRZ125 semiflattracker

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to houseofpaint
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosthis
so i wake up n hear rain no big deal then i look out the window 2 c everything is flooded outside, on the streets n up my driveway. i parkd my car n the front yard and there was water 1/2 way up the drivers side door so i got in thru the passanger side cause water wasnt pass the door yet, and i was thinkn of the inside of my cars gunna be full of water:BangHead: man i love hondas no water no where:icon_bigg , pointless i know but o well .

u know wats gross is when the lightning stop alll these kids r gunna run out and start playin n the nasty az water.

and wtf how come no 1 ever opens the flood gates or drains or watever aint it just a button? lazy fkrs!!
i don't think it's that simple.....

but good to hear about your car not getting water into it.

i would still take it to a mechanic shop and make sure you didn't get any water mixed in with your oil. or if you are mechanically inclined, or know someone that is......check both the dipsticks and make sure the oil isn't cloudy/milky. also make sure your air filter is not soaked with water before you drive it.

Custom Paint, Powdercoating, and Collision repair (Cars and bikes)[/b]
houseofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:51 AM   #3
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpain
i don't think it's that simple.....

but good to hear about your car not getting water into it.

i would still take it to a mechanic shop and make sure you didn't get any water mixed in with your oil. or if you are mechanically inclined, or know someone that is......check both the dipsticks and make sure the oil isn't cloudy/milky. also make sure your air filter is not soaked with water before you drive it.
thnx il call my brother later
Old 07-06-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

no problem. better to be safe than sorry.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

I rode today.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:09 PM   #6
houseofpaint

Bike(s):
2010 Yamaha R1 racebike
2012 GSXR750 Racebike

Member Garage

whaddup jet...you rollin to the hill this weekend?

Old 07-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETG
wow time for a truck, or you need to get some stands and jack that honda up and put it on stands when you know the water is going to get that high. Water does bad things to cars, and once in the electrical forget it, that is a nightmare. As for in the motor, well lets just say water does not compress.

J
i should have got my stepdads truck a 2003 F150 he was tryn 2 be nice n sold it 2 my sister for 1,500 just so she can turn around n trade it in like a dumb
Old 07-06-2007, 12:31 PM   #8
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
WOW that sucks, just go hit your sister for doing a dumb thing like that.
i have 2 wait til after she has the baby
Old 07-06-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
I wish civil engineering was that easy, but on the real. Most streets that flood here in Houston are due to 2 things:
1. Storm sewer inlets and pipe sizes that were built pre 1980 we underdesigned by todays standards seeing that like 70-80% of Houston is impervious (meaning concrete, structures, etc that don't allow rain to penetrate) and it was not quite that way in the 60's and 70's.
2. Too many people blowing there grass clippings down the inlet instead of putting it in a trash can. Also construction sites do a poor job of keeping run-off on-site and it eventually makes it's way into a storm sewer.

When you get a rainfall that is super severe and comes down heavily for long periods of time, you will normally get flooding no matter what, but it generally recedes quickly 9 times out of 10. Okay, enough of my nerd talk.:icon_bigg
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:53 PM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

There's a third factor D....and it's design. Flood control, many of the newer neighborhoods are designed using the streets as part of flood control.

Couple this with some of the developers doing cheap crud, that impacts older neighborhoods downstream. Cheating/playing dirty with the code in regards to retention ponds/drains, raising the ground level of the development are thinigs we have seen with some of the new developments in/near spring.
Old 07-06-2007, 12:59 PM   #11
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
There's a third factor D....and it's design. Flood control, many of the newer neighborhoods are designed using the streets as part of flood control.

Couple this with some of the developers doing cheap crud, that impacts older neighborhoods downstream. Cheating/playing dirty with the code in regards to retention ponds/drains, raising the ground level of the development are thinigs we have seen with some of the new developments in/near spring.
It's called ponding limits when the design is to "pond" in the streets, generally with less than 1 foot of depth. Cheap, I don't know about that seeing that Flood Control regulates what the design standards/criteria are to be followed. Poor maintenance of detention (not retention) ponds probably has a lot do with it as well as most detention ponds are suppose to hold water back and slowly release water into the "mainstreams" or large storm sewer systems. Poor maintenance (i.e. cutting the grass in the ponds, pilot channels, and trash in the trash racks) plays a huge role as well one would think. But yeah, most people aren't aware that storm sewer systems can be designed to allow ponding in the streets, thus thinking it is flooding when it is actually "ponding".
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:02 PM   #12
TxBritt08R1
Saved By Grace

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 R1 - Sold!
2004 R6 - Sold!
2004 FZ6 - Sold!

Send a message via MSN to TxBritt08R1
Quote:

You're in Texas City, where do you expect them to drain the water to? We're only about 6" above sea level... I'm ready to rename the parking lot "Lake BP" because its flooded.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
Originally Posted by Sifu-TZ
...I'm glad it's such a boring sport, what would it be like if they watched something a little more interesting, like football? they'd just spontaneously combust on the spot...
TxBritt08R1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:16 PM   #13
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBritt04R6
[/B]

You're in Texas City, where do you expect them to drain the water to? We're only about 6" above sea level... I'm ready to rename the parking lot "Lake BP" because its flooded.
lol, no huh
Old 07-06-2007, 01:21 PM   #14
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

i hate this rainy weather, it's making my gf bitchy!!
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #15
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

'ponding' or maybe 'lakeing' would be more appropiate... As per the 'flood control' their job is to make sure that the water flows downthe bayous etc.

The county inspectors are responsible for making sure that the new construction meets code and that they don't do things 'extra'. That's where the joke starts though, a large (very large) are maybe inspected once during early phase.
I used the term 'cheap' as not doing a quality job...or considering only getting their money and not giving thought to impact of what they are doing.
One local, new 'neighborhood' is divided down the middle by a bayou. They built a retention pond alright, by code to account for the alloted size of the neighborhood... however this means one side if ok and fine and doesn't impact all that much down stream... the other side however, all drains directly into the bayou. Now the lost surface for absorbtion doesn't affect the folx in the neighborhood too much...maybe a tad more for the side w/o the retention pond. The older neighborhoods downstream of the bayou on the other hand.

Historicly speaking, from 1969-1988 there were 2 incidents in which me driveway was under water. From 1995 to present, the water has flooded the drainage ditches and covered the road/driveway 7 times.

p.s. Don't mean to argue Buck... just passing on what
the Flood Control guy and County man told us when we had a
neighborhood meeting in regards to the increased flooding along Lemm Gully & Spring Creek.
p.p.s. For those curious, the 'county' solution for the homes that
continue to flood...condem them.

Last edited by Ulric; 07-06-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Ulric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #16
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
i hate this rainy weather, it's making my gf bitchy!!
give her sum pp if u put it n her mouth she cant :notworthy :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
Old 07-06-2007, 01:28 PM   #17
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

Quote:
give her sum pp if u put it n her mouth she cant :notworthy :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6 :laughing6
been there done that, but it's been raining for days now... that's like 100 hours, i'd need a the size of a tennis ball to do that!!
Old 07-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #18
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):

just thought about what i wrote, that could be one of a sig...
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #19
MadseasoN

Quote:
This is what happens when you live on the right and dry side of town
I hope it stays that way for the ride home. Alot can happen in 40 miles.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:30 PM   #20
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller
been there done that, but it's been raining for days now... that's like 100 hours, i'd need a the size of a tennis ball to do that!!
r u sayin ur a limp noodle

Advertisement