MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2007, 02:03 PM   #41
bjoconnor
street newb

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
It doesn't matter either way. Spread the rumors that bikes are being bait and no one will lose their bike because the thief would be afraid to try. Either way is a win win situation.
Exactly!
bjoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bait bike... Im comn for em. Fastola General Discussion (Moto Related) 95 12-11-2013 09:50 PM
WTF! Dogs being used as shark bait?? Renzo Off Topic 67 02-09-2012 08:58 AM
HEY PHAG BAIT! Yungsta Off Topic 5 12-31-2008 10:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #42
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
It doesn't matter either way. Spread the rumors that bikes are being bait and no one will lose their bike because the thief would be afraid to try. Either way is a win win situation.
ok, my new red busa is the bait bike, there are cops watching it as we speak
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM   #43
Gizmo
High Speed, Low Drag

Bike(s):
2000 ZX-7R

I built my own GPS tracker... It transmits my bike's position every 90 seconds when the key is in the on position. (The update rate is actually dependent on the speed of the bike...faster at higher speeds.) The location can then be monitored via the internet.... The whole package is smaller than a deck of cards & the total cost was about $150.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #44
grandprixmotoring.com
How fast can U really GO!

Bike(s):
'06 Limited GP 300 Busa

Send a message via AIM to grandprixmotoring.com
You're forgetting that you're living in the most ghetto city in Texas, and it's become much worse since Huricane Katrina...you guys are suprised that a LOT of bikes are being stolen every day?
WK: 713-782-0491
Fax: 713-782-0462
E-Mail: allen@grandprixmotoring.com
Web: www.gpmotoring.com
grandprixmotoring.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:27 PM   #45
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo
I built my own GPS tracker... It transmits my bike's position every 90 seconds when the key is in the on position. (The update rate is actually dependent on the speed of the bike...faster at higher speeds.) The location can then be monitored via the internet.... The whole package is smaller than a deck of cards & the total cost was about $150.

how does that help? the thieves arent gonna have the key to your bike. theyre usually stolen by being thrown in the back of a truck. the only one thats getting tracked is YOU.
Old 07-06-2007, 06:40 PM   #46
less_than_coop
SBN BMF

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
GSXR1000
2005 KTM 250sxf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azylum
how does that help? the thieves arent gonna have the key to your bike. theyre usually stolen by being thrown in the back of a truck. the only one thats getting tracked is YOU.
:laughing6

Khaki shirt.
less_than_coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:09 PM   #47
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

:laughing6

Some funny replies.

And yes, this is good anyhow because it lets the theives know the bike might just be bait waiting to get bit and then their hooked. lol

I heard a rumor bait bikes were going to be everywhere.... Especially apartment complexes.

And about the whole shooting someone in the back, its true you will be screwed if you shoot them in the back and they live. Ill chase them, shoot them and drag them back on my property if i have to. I also hear, if you dont kill them, you can be sued so kill them and if they are on your property, your safe. lol

Ok ok, i wouldnt actually do that.... well, depends on what happened and the situation i guess... lol
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 PM   #48
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

I'm already using my bike as bait, so anyone see a burnt orange 636... Don't take it, I have a killer hamster hidden somewhere on it and it is wired into my brain, so my head vibrates when someone breaths on it... *snicker* Take that thieves reading this forum! 1-up me now!

Fear = the best theft deterrent!
Dub_B83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #49
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83
I'm already using my bike as bait, so anyone see a burnt orange 636... Don't take it, I have a killer hamster hidden somewhere on it and it is wired into my brain, so my head vibrates when someone breaths on it... *snicker* Take that thieves reading this forum! 1-up me now!

Werd! I should get my paint done custom with the lo-jack sticker colors... lol
Old 07-09-2007, 06:06 PM   #50
andrave

people are giving a lot of really odd advice that isn't supporting by any law, either in the books or from the courts.
If you shoot someone and they live, they can sue you. If you shoot someone and they live, their family will sue you for wrongful death. Youre not immune from suit just because they are dead.
And I don't want to offend anyone but you know what the best alarm system is? full coverage insurance. Cause no matter what you do to your bike, you could know exactly who stole it and where they took it, its not gonna do you a whole lot of good. If you shoot someone to get it back, you are going to get arrested and detained in jail while they decide what charges to press against you and put you before a grand jury, even if they decide that there is not sufficient evidence to try you, you will have to deal with all that. You'll probably end up paying at least $2000 for a lawyer in the meantime though. And thats the best case scenario.
The worst case is you pull out your colt and they pull out their SKS and put your in the morgue, and your wife and kids are wondering why you thought your $5000 bike was worth more than your life.

A bike is a luxury item. Cops don't really care that much when yours gets stolen; they file reports for home invasions and stolen cars all day long. While you may be emotionally attached to your motorcycle, in general no one else is, not your wife, not the police, and not the theives that are stealing it.
If its that important to you just get insurance so you can let it go and not risk anyone's life, and go buy another one. Or consider parking in a garage or your living room or whatever.
there are only so many places to hide lojack or GPS or alarms or whatever, and a lot of bikes are thrown on the back of trucks so the ignition is never going to be on, and an alarm won't do much good. You can dissassemble your average bike in a matter of minutes with an allen wrench and if you know what youre looking at it will be obvious if there is any kind of gps or lojack or alarm on the bike. they aren't all that complicated!

SOO in summary this bike bait is a good idea if you can get the cops on board, but in general, get insurance and be careful with where you park your bike and how you secure it in the first place and hopefully it won't be an issue.
andrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:30 PM   #51
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Didnt read the whole post but for the shooting someone and them being dead or alive part, i wasnt supporting either one but if your life is in danger, then do what you need to do.

As far as the suspect being dead or alive, if he/she is on your property threatening you, you can lawfully shoot them under self defense. You are also lawfully able to defend your property. I spoke to a cop a couple days ago and asked him specifically "if someone were to come on another persons property to damage or steal something at night time, would it be legal to shoot them" and he said yes because it is ON YOUR PROPERTY and they are a threat to you, your family, your possessions or all of the above.

Last edited by Neversatisfied02; 07-09-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #52
andrave

thats true. but youre still going to go to jail. see above.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:42 AM   #53
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)

Well no matter what, you will go to jail unless the person is actually inside your house after breaking in and you shoot him. Then, your totally safe. An outside shooting, they will take you in while they investigate. Thats the procedure from what i understand but that doesnt mean you convicted.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #54
andrave

lol, ok.
the point is that shooting someone is going to disrupt your life in a major way, whether you end up being convicted for murder/manslaughter, or not. So when you could accomplish the same goal (having your bike not stolen) through lesser means than shooting someone, and not have to deal with the lawyers, the jail time, the other prisoners, your wife/significant other going crazy through it all, etc... shooting people starts to make less sense.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:32 AM   #55
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Feedback Rating: (2)

You've been watching to many cartoon's man :laughing6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub_B83

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #56
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
You've been watching to many cartoon's man :laughing6
You missed the hamster false alarm earlier yesterday. I came outside and the mailman had a severed head, I was like "down hamster" and it nearly turned on me. Sorry if the mail is late on the block this week. Blame my hamster.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #57
andrave

I recommend chinchillas those things can jump high enough to go straight for the jugular.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #58
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrave
I recommend chinchillas those things can jump high enough to go straight for the jugular.
I tried to get a fluffy monty python rabbit from the movie "The Holy Grail" but they were all sold out.

EDIT:
Good news, they had one in stock! see my new sig:

Last edited by Dub_B83; 07-10-2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:18 PM   #59
Dub_B83

Bike(s):
2005 ZX6R Magma Orange

Aww I gotta post another post to get it to show! What BS! LOL, sorry for whoring, but I wanna show off my new alarm.

This one had it coming - This one found a vein
This one was an accident, but never gave me pain
This one was my fathers and This one you can't see
This one had me scared to death,
[U]But I guess I should be glad I'm not dead[/U]

Yes I am made of scars
That's what I'm made of!![/CENTER]
Old 07-10-2007, 10:58 PM   #60
Neversatisfied02