MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #21
ENZO10R

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
zx10r

I remember when they stole my r1 my friend saw the guy riding it on the freeway called me to tell me where they were at, as soon as i hung up with him i called the cops and told them what was going on first thing they told me was not to chase him or we could be arrested but it seems like they didnt care cause my friend followed him for about 20 minutes on I10 and no cops ever came to help asswholes when the f...n thieve notice he was being followed he took off and never saw my bike again.
ENZO10R is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bait bike... Im comn for em. Fastola General Discussion (Moto Related) 95 12-11-2013 09:50 PM
WTF! Dogs being used as shark bait?? Renzo Off Topic 67 02-09-2012 08:58 AM
HEY PHAG BAIT! Yungsta Off Topic 5 12-31-2008 10:34 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 PM   #22
mammothmc

Feedback Rating: (0)

A bike was stolen in college station a few years back. The thief hotwired it & ended up blowing a fuse. The owner got home shortly after that & noticed it gone. He loaded up his shotgun & went & found the guy working on the bike on the side of the road. He proceeded to help the guy to the ground with his rifle & knocked him out again when he started to stirr because the cops weren't there yet. He got a lecture about letting the cops handle it, but that was it.
mammothmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i dont believe yoiull get into any trouble unless you endanger other lives or cause collateral damage. just from what ive seen. but police (and very rightfully so) do not like people to take the law into their own hands. too many variables and things can get out of hand.

but at the same time, both times my bike got stolen, they acted like they couldnt care less, even after i told them i had lo jack. so be careful out there.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:37 PM   #24
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

If the bike is IN your garage that is ATTACHED to your house then they are trespassing and if you feel "threatened" you can use any measure necessary to protect yourself...

Dont feel like reading threw all of this so

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 06:30 AM   #25
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I like the idea of a sting, but it's something best done quietly, and not advertised on a public forum.

One caveat: IF you are able to get by without any criminal charges being brought up against you, the thief can still take you to civil court and possibly win. I know it sucks but it's true.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:24 AM   #26
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Wow guys, i see this thread is hot topic. lol I was thinking with the Police involved of course so they could actually arrest the theives.

And i havent put too much thought into is as far is it being a plan or anything but i do think it would have great results. If the police dept would go for it, it would get alot of the bike theives off the streets... well local ones anyhow.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:14 AM   #27
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #28
eugene

thanks for the info!
eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #29
huyzel

Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr

I think sbfuller would let us use his new busa! i am in on this sting setup! PM me and we can discuss this on messenger or something. We need the police to be involved in this sting because if it is just civilians then it would be harder to prosecute in court. the actual arrest would have to be carried out by a peace officer, otherwise it would be a civilian arrest and blah. but if we dont really care about arresting the then i will go buy a .308 cause i've been wanting one. or i could just use the AR :P
huyzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 AM   #30
-=GS=-

About 3 months ago now I wittnessed my truck getting broken into at work (249 and 1960). I'm on the third floor of an office building and just happened to look out the window when it was happening. I told a co-worker to call 911 and report what was happening. Long story short, there was a confrontation, I got all of my stuff back, and the guys left the scene. So I'm waiting on the cops to show up so I can give them a description of the 2 guys and their car. I wait an huor and am like WTF, so I call the sherrifs department to see what was taking so long. Come to find out the dispatcher had not reported the robbery as in progress, and that it was not a high priority. So after explainnig the situation they said they would send someone out right away. Two phone calls later and FOUR (4) hours later a cop shows up to get my information.

Anyways I know its not that relavent, just thought I would share my recent experience with thieves and the 5.0
-=GS=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:38 AM   #31
NorthHoustonGSXR
Yes I do.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2006 GSX 600R
mystery bike
2000 CBR600F4 track only (SOLD)

Just take a bunch of No Doz and stay up watching the bait bike...

xdng33m4iv
GOVERNMENT IS THE REAL MIDDLE MAN. COMMON BUSINESS PRACTICE IS TO ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.
NorthHoustonGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:44 AM   #32
BigRick82
Get It Up!

Bike(s):
06 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
If the bike is IN your garage that is ATTACHED to your house then they are trespassing and if you feel "threatened" you can use any measure necessary to protect yourself...

Dont feel like reading threw all of this so
Yeah but if you shoot them in the back you're f*cked.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #33
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Flip them over and pump some buck shots in the chest, then you'll be good :confused1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick82
Yeah but if you shoot them in the back you're f*cked.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #34
level5
moving chicane

The best way about this is to have a video surveillance and document the thief in action. If the thief gets away at least you have video evidence. Make sure to leave the bike in the garage and when the thief comes in to tried to jack your bike, you can beat the chit out of him. You have all means neccessary to protect your property in TX.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #35
Tango1300
Banned

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #36
SPHINX
Ominous Misanthropia

Bike(s):
2006 ZX6R
2005 749S

Send a message via AIM to SPHINX
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunterdude
well if you were to do this i wouldnt start a thread about it...keep it secret
EXACTLY, THIEVES MIGHT BE READING THIS THREAD AND NOT ATTEMPT TO CARRY OUT THEIR ACT AS THEY MIGHT ASSUME THEY ARE BEING WATCHED.
ONCE, I LEFT MY KEY ON MY BIKE PARKED AT THE GALLERIA FOR LIKE 2 HOURS AND WHEN I CAME BACK IT WAS STILL THERE. I WAS ALL FREAKED OUT ABOUT WHAT COULD'VE HAPPENED, FORTUNATELY THAT DAY I DIDN'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE ALARM. I GUESS PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND JUST WALKED AWAY...LOL
SPHINX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:34 PM   #37
GLD
track junkie

Bike(s):
F2 w/ F3 engine 2001 RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFear
I dont see anything about "irreplaceable and unrecoverable" :confused1

PC 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY.
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by
any other means; or
There is one of the two. I'd find it hard to argue in a lawsuit as to why you took another person's life for a motorcycle. Agreed you would not face criminal charges though.
GLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #38
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by huyzel
I think sbfuller would let us use his new busa! i am in on this sting setup! PM me and we can discuss this on messenger or something. We need the police to be involved in this sting because if it is just civilians then it would be harder to prosecute in court. the actual arrest would have to be carried out by a peace officer, otherwise it would be a civilian arrest and blah. but if we dont really care about arresting the then i will go buy a .308 cause i've been wanting one. or i could just use the AR :P
i'll wait at my front door and leave the garage open. I have a 6mm Remington that'll reach out and touch somebody
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:36 PM   #39
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPHINX
EXACTLY, THIEVES MIGHT BE READING THIS THREAD AND NOT ATTEMPT TO CARRY OUT THEIR ACT AS THEY MIGHT ASSUME THEY ARE BEING WATCHED.
ONCE, I LEFT MY KEY ON MY BIKE PARKED AT THE GALLERIA FOR LIKE 2 HOURS AND WHEN I CAME BACK IT WAS STILL THERE. I WAS ALL FREAKED OUT ABOUT WHAT COULD'VE HAPPENED, FORTUNATELY THAT DAY I DIDN'T FORGET TO ACTIVATE THE ALARM. I GUESS PEOPLE THOUGHT IT WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE AND JUST WALKED AWAY...LOL
It doesn't matter either way. Spread the rumors that bikes are being bait and no one will lose their bike because the thief would be afraid to try. Either way is a win win situation.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:53 PM   #40
NoFear
Busa Chairman of Posing

Jeez

Okay we can use my bike Neversatisfied02 come over tonight and try to steal it it will be considered a practice run I will aim for your heart never you worry about the barking dog or the buck shots give it your all I'll even call the police after i smack you around with the underside of my size 12 combat boots

Do you feel lucky punk? well do you?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength-
NoFear is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement