Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: One Bad Anniversary

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

On 9/11 I was awaiting another big day in sports broadcasting. I had interviewed several at an Astros gathering and was feeling pretty good about the stuff I had done. My daughter called me in the morning to ask if I was watching TV. I remember being polite and telling her I did that for a living and what was she talking about. She said a plane just crashed into a big building in New York. I am a history guy so I remembered a U.S. bomber crashing into the Empire State Building in the late stages of WWII, so perhaps it was another tragic accident.

She called me several minutes later to tell me another plane did the same thing. Thoughts of sports interviews quickly went away. My job at KPRC 2 became that of a guy who had seen war and was now a HARD NEWS REPORTER.

Just a few days before we were doing stories on the brand new TEXANS picking colors and uniforms. CLAY WALKER (The singer with 2 downtown streets named after him) had written the team song.

I started the day with a report about Marines in full battle dress standing watch at THE RESERVE CENTER ON OLD SPANISH TRAIL. I ended the day by reporting from HFD STATION 11. Those firefighters had been watching their brothers and sisters on TV IN NEW YORK all day. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I gotta phone a buddy who has a birthday today. He feels bad it's on 9/11.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

Daily Craig 640x360 jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote