Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2015, 10:10 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Horns not so Strong?

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

There is Strong and there is Charlie Strong. Sorry for the U.S. Army recruiting rip off. The SOLDIERS have more confidence than the current coach at the UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS. Barry Switzer once said he didn't mind getting so many players from the state just to his south. He said it was a fact that not all could play for THE ROYAL and those who followed. I think that has changed. TEXAS has a new PREZ who already is having words with the ALL MOST NEW ATHLETIC DIRECTOR. Steve Patterson has had words with the STRONG fella and the 40 acres never looked smaller.

Charlie has changed play callers. One game into the season. Let me guess. Losing to Rice at home would put the program into a serious dive. The Owls last won in Austin when Detroit was still making Studebakers. Besides this is the first home game when they can sell beer. Wouldn't want to drive that business to 6th Street by the second quarter.

The OWLS coach would be a better fit in Austin than Charlie. DAVID BAILIFF, I once said, is so country he had to go toward town to hunt. David then told me he doesn't hunt. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good line. One year Rice TOOK CARE OF ARKANSAS and a prize recruit for the Owls was from Arkansas. I asked him how Lou Holtz didn't get him. "Arkansas doesn't have a school of Nuclear Medicine." GOOD ANSWER. Now we'll see how SMART THE OWLS WILL BE or HOW STRONG THE HORNS WILL BE. I gotta see if UT will sell Shiner.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

Daily Craig 640x360 jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote