Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|09-06-2015, 01:22 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Oulton Park race three results
The Showdown contenders have now been confirmed
IT WAS Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne who took the final race win of the triple-header weekend at Oulton Park by only 0.394s from rival Josh Brookes.
Defending Champion Byrne is now only two-points adrift of Australian Josh Brookes as they head into the Showdown opener at Assen this month after a hectic triple-header in Cheshire.
Brookes took to the front of the pack on the opening lap in an attempt to repeat his winning performance in race two. The Milwaukee Yamaha rider held the advantage from Byrne and Tommy Bridewell who crashed out spectacularly in race two on his Tyco BMW.
The Nissan GT-R Safety Car was deployed on the eighth lap as Shaun Winfield crashed out at Old Hall dislodging the safety barriers. As the pack lined up behind, Brookes still had the advantage from Byrne, Bridewell and Dan Linfoot who was eager to confirm his place in the Showdown.
Byrne lunged at Old Hall to try and take the lead from Brookes as the race resumed, but ran wide and dropped down to fourth as the pack took advantage of his error. The PBM Kawasaki rider fought back and passed Bridewell at Shell Oils corner to move back into second place only two laps later.
The two B’s and Brookes and Byrne were inseparable at the front as they diced for the lead. Byrne made a move at Shell Oils corner once again which gave him the advantage, but Brookes did everything possible to recapture the lead to no avail.
Bridewell celebrated a third place ahead of Danny Buchan and James Ellison whilst Dan Linfoot did enough to claim the final place in the Showdown in sixth place for the Honda Racing squad.
1. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki
2. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +0.304
3. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +2.113
4. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki +3.784
5. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +3.870
6. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +4.358
7. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +4.901
8. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +5.824
9. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +5.952
10. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +6.916
11. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +7.454
12. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +9.162
13. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +9.240
14. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +12.964
15. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +14.544
16. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki +16.232
17. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +17.427
18. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +17.776
19. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +17.951
20. Julian Da Costa FRA Honda Racing +27.149
21. Jed Metcher AUS Gearlink Kawasaki +28.813
22. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +41.290
23. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +42.856
24. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +47.674
25. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:02.231
DNF. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki
DNF. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Du
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race one results
BSB 2015: Snetterton race two results
BSB 2014: Oulton Park race 3 results